Titan NVidia 10.4.8 drivers released!

Simania_NL

77 posts in this topic

Oh this month is going wild.....first the 10.4.8. kernel and now.......... full CI/QE support for NVidia cards!!!

Yes your sight isn't decreasing, it's true, due to the very hard work of Omni. The same genious who created Callisto now comes with a modded kext to make your NVidia card run like it should.

Check out the full story at: http://omni.starchaser.org/titan/

And to give you a little trick or treat, here's a screenshot :D

Thanks a lot Omni!!!!

cap2zo6.th.jpg

Here in OS X86 Project and its allies have the Spirit of Saint Louis

Not even the Giant M$ can bring us down

The X86 is at the end of the line..Since Apple has set the X86 Free

Its set another beginning before the end of the line

I too have a ATI cards

In case of the 7300GT, do we need the one from Apple or would any brand work? The Asus with passive cooling looks almost like Apple.

This is great, thanks Omni and NP_!

Now, should I send the x1600Pro I just got back and get a 7300GT instead?

In case of the 7300GT, do we need the one from Apple...

No.

... or would any brand work?

Theoretically, yes but there are bound to be issues with some.

The Asus with passive cooling looks almost like Apple.

Try comparing the XFX 7300GT to Apple's:

14-150-162-02.JPG

In case of the 7300GT, do we need the one from Apple or would any brand work? The Asus with passive cooling looks almost like Apple.

Like bofors writes, this is not necessary. But the thing that is even more promising, is that it would open possibillities to use any other NVidia card in your real Mac.....

I like the idea of putting a 7900GT in a MacPro. :rolleyes: This is what Omni says about it:

After posting my original test, I was thinking that this might not only allow Hackintosh users to drive their PC graphics cards, but also Macintosh users who wish to use PC cards in their Mac Pro's as well. That should provide more options beside the stock NV7300GT, ATI X1900XT or Quadro FX4500...but one thing at a time.

just wondering is there any steps to install these and has it been tested with sse2 or 10.4.7? it says it needs original kexts from 10.4.8 i am a little mystified there..... also i have macvidia 1.08 do i need to remove it and if i do how? thanks

I assume these modified drivers will work with a Mac Pro running 10.4.8, can anyone confirm this?

Well Omni thought about running other cards with an original Mac, but I'm not sure he did any testing so proceed with care!!

Maybe other people can share their experience running Titan on their Mac or Hackintosh.

I just got something working on 8.4.1 kernel AMD.

1. Deleted MacVidia drivers

2. Put in all NVDA and Geforce kexts + Titan + IONDRVsupport (from 10.4.8 offical update)

3. Manualy set permissions to Titan kext cos diskutility does not do it...

4. Delete kextcaches

This gave me kernel panic... then i deleted GeForce.kext

It booted normaly and i got to change resolutions and refresh rates in preferences...

All work a bit faster it seems :)

I assume these modified drivers will work with a Mac Pro running 10.4.8, can anyone confirm this?

Just to clarify, Titan is not really a modified driver. The original driver is used untouched, Titan just sets up the IO registery correctly before it is called.

I'm sorry for asking a dumb question but I can't find an answer elsewhere. Does this support the 7900GT?

For more details on results and compatibility see this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31583