Help needed with MSI GS60 6QE GHOST PRO 4K

Ditger

36 posts in this topic

1) sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' 2)/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

3)sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

these ones?

and is the line in green something that i have to change? or that just one line?

and after that, what then?

Then I had several questions;

1) How do I install kext? because the tool i had in mind was from that lying tony which i stay away from now af far as possible xD

2) What about the other drive? Just like u I have 1TB HDD and 250GB SDD

1) How do I install kext? because the tool i had in mind was from that lying tony which i stay away from now af far as possible xD

2) What about the other drive? Just like u I have 1TB HDD and 250GB SDD

You copy the lines of codes without changing anything.

Changing values (like ig-platform-id) from clover screen is temporary, that's normal.  Once you install Sierra then you have to use your bootable USB again to boot directly into your partition where Sierra was installed.  Once you are able to boot there you will need to:

-Use terminal to apply the patches to your files.

-Install Clover Bootlader on your Hard drive (instead of the USB drive this time)

-Copy the EFI folder to the EFI drive (that will appear after you install clover).  The EFI drive will include a Microsoft Folder, DO NOT DELETE (you won't be able to boot to windows anymore).  Just copy Clover and Boot folders alongside the Microsoft one.

Some Tools that you will always need for Hackintosh (to start):

-MacIasl (To edit your own ACPI tables once you get into that)

-Iojones (To understand the architectures of your PCI devices)

-Kext Utility (To install kexts and Rebuild your caches)

-Clover Configurator ( To modify your clover bootloader files, e.g. themes, ig-platform-id, etc.)

Google each of these, i think all of them are available in Insanelymac at the Download section.  You will have to use other tools as well as you get deeper into Hackintoshing ;)

The way i installed mine:

-The 256 Gb Nvme SSD: 1 partition (50%) for Windows 10 and the other partition for Sierra

-The 1 TB Hard drive i use it as a backup drive for both OSes ( i use Paragon NTFS to write on it from Sierra)

Other than that you have to learn the hard way, reading the help sections in Insanelymac and the basics will be very helpful. 

Good Luck ;).

You copy the lines of codes without changing anything.

Changing values (like ig-platform-id) from clover screen is temporary, that's normal.  Once you install Sierra then you have to use your bootable USB again to boot directly into your partition where Sierra was installed.  Once you are able to boot there you will need to:

-Use terminal to apply the patches to your files.

-Install Clover Bootlader on your Hard drive (instead of the USB drive this time)

-Copy the EFI folder to the EFI drive (that will appear after you install clover).  The EFI drive will include a Microsoft Folder, DO NOT DELETE (you won't be able to boot to windows anymore).  Just copy Clover and Boot folders alongside the Microsoft one.

Some Tools that you will always need for Hackintosh (to start):

-MacIasl (To edit your own ACPI tables once you get into that)

-Iojones (To understand the architectures of your PCI devices)

-Kext Utility (To install kexts and Rebuild your caches)

-Clover Configurator ( To modify your clover bootloader files, e.g. themes, ig-platform-id, etc.)

Google each of these, i think all of them are available in Insanelymac at the Download section.  You will have to use other tools as well as you get deeper into Hackintoshing ;)

The way i installed mine:

-The 256 Gb Nvme SSD: 1 partition (50%) for Windows 10 and the other partition for Sierra

-The 1 TB Hard drive i use it as a backup drive for both OSes ( i use Paragon NTFS to write on it from Sierra)

Other than that you have to learn the hard way, reading the help sections in Insanelymac and the basics will be very helpful. 

Good Luck ;).

I copied the two lines into terminal on my mac

I'll use those tools u mentioned when it can work

Because now I'm still testing the latest ig platforms ids

i tried the 12345678 by not using the numpad and it is still loading so idk if that worked

EDIT: Didn't work :/

It keeps getting stuck :/

EDIT: @slayer2333 im lost now :/

Edit 2: I tried downloading the dsdt editor (idk why but it can be that i have the wrong tables or no tables at all?) so it says "no permission to view the attachment"

+http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/i found this, could this be the cause? or is the GTX970M not suitable for hackintoshing?

Download the files i provided at post 59. But do not use the ACPI tables used in EFI/clover/acpi/patched (they are specific to the Alienware hardware).

Are you using a DSDT ?

Sorry I forgot to answer that quesition, but i don't have any patched DSDT so I don't think i'm using it

• 2 weeks later...

I reached the installer :D finally  thanks for all the help im planning to make a vid with my specs to repay all the amazing support

now im still working to see all the drives and work with my keyboard instead of using an external one

EDIT: it only boots in safe mode, so my drives are hiddne because of that, any idea on how to fix that?

EDIT: installation is succesfull!! finally :D but i have this big problem now, first of all my keyboard doesn't work so im using an external

also USB doesn't work but i assume it will when i got internet setup or a kext installer or idk what else :(

i hope someone can help me