MAC OS SIERRA IN SSE3

abivishvas

12 posts in this topic

is there any way to install sierra in wolfdale processor in LGA775 socket which doesnt have sse4

YES :drool:

Wolfdale has SSE4.1

Unfortunately, not all of them.

All E5xxx/E6xxx Pentium Dual-Core and E3xxx Celeron processors are Wolfdale (Wolfdale-3M, to be more specific) but only have SSSE3 set instructions.

amd users can do it you intel plebs can as well 

In addition to the SSSE3 emulator, AMD users need a processor with SSE4.1 to install Sierra.

Don't know if AMD Developers are/will be able to add SSE4.1 emulator but if you do not have such a processor, you will not be able to install Sierra.

Or maybe there's someone who's able to find out how to disable SSE4.1 check in kernel, if even it is possible.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, not all of them.

All E5xxx/E6xxx Pentium Dual-Core and E3xxx Celeron processors are Wolfdale (Wolfdale-3M, to be more specific) but only have SSSE3 set instructions.

In addition to the SSSE3 emulator, AMD users need a processor with SSE4.1 to install Sierra.

Don't know if AMD Developers are/will be able to add SSE4.1 emulator but if you do not have such a processor, you will not be able to install Sierra.

Or maybe there's someone who's able to find out how to disable SSE4.1 check in kernel, if even it is possible.

they bypassed the requirements SSE3 only cpu's have installed 10.12 

• 1 month later...

I wish somebody could make a kernel that will translate every 4.1/4.2 instruction to SSE3 :( Because of Sierra's minimum requirements, (My CPU's not supporting SSE4.1/4.2, the rest are fine :D) I couldn't even try Sierra! I wish somebody could do this :(...