Why is my hackintosh running so slowly ?

Nori74

21 posts in this topic

Hello to everybody , I hope I'm posting in the right place...

I'm running Mac OS Sierra in this system:

- motherboard Asus P7P55-M ( https://www.asus.com/it/Motherboards/P7P55M/specifications/ )

- Processor Intel core i-3 540 3,07 Ghz

- HD Western Digital SATA II 7.200 Rpm

- 8GB RAM DDR3 1.333 Mhz

- Video card Radeon HD5670 GDDR5 PCI-E 1 GB

In the same system I tried both Windows 10 and Ubuntu and they ran very much faster than Sierra do:

- if I set the time display with seconds, the update of these appears every 2/3 seconds..

- to move a folder from one place to another of the desk takes a long time

- flashing time separator in time display requires 10/11 seconds from one flash to another

I reduced the movement and transparency of the system...

It 's really only the hardware too slow or is there something else?

Thanks everyone could help me 

Hello Hervé, thanks for your quick response !

I just noticed in monitoring activities that kernel_task committed 100% of the cpu ..what can I do to fix it ?

Sorry, my EFI folder is 14,5 MB so it is too big to upload (the limit is 10 mb)...how can I post the EFI folder here ? :blush:

Thanks a lot

Do you have EFI > CLOVER folder?

In the HD there are 4 folders: Applications , Library , Users , EFI-Backups

P.S.: for the boot-installation of Sierra I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] two times...the first time I forgot to choose the lan kext...perhaps by using it twice he has created a too large file? 

You can use clover configurator to mount your EFI partition.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Done ! Mounted EFI partition, deleted themes folder, but the compressed EFI folder is still 15 MB ... (before I had compressed the EFI-backups folder :blush:)

The strange thing is that if you launch Activity Monitor as an administrator user, the "kernel_task" doesn't appears, instead as a normal user it appears, but the total CPU load is still the same using both the normal user that the administrator ...

In future all you need to zip is the EFI > CLOVER folder not the whole EFI folder not the APPLE or BOOT folders.

I'm not seeing any kexts in your kexts > 10.12 folder or kexts > other. Which kexts are you using?

You can try this config.plist. config.plist.zip Unzip it then copy and paste it into EFI > CLOVER. Backup your original first.

This link also has information on how to enable your ATI card.

http://www.macgazine.net/2015/03/how-to-enable-ati-radeon-hd-5670-on-os.html

I'm hoping its the same for Sierra.

In future all you need to zip is the EFI > CLOVER folder not the whole EFI folder not the APPLE or BOOT folders.

I'm not seeing any kexts in your kexts > 10.12 folder or kexts > other. Which kexts are you using?

You can try this config.plist. attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip Unzip it then copy and paste it into EFI > CLOVER. Backup your original first.

This link also has information on how to enable your ATI card.

http://www.macgazine.net/2015/03/how-to-enable-ati-radeon-hd-5670-on-os.html

I'm hoping its the same for Sierra.

Thanks so much ! I do not know if I'll have time to try this morning, but in the meantime I wanted to thank you very much! I'll let you know how it went  :thumbsup_anim:

Hello I'm back. Sorry I'm late but my hackintosh is temporarily out of order (I'm posting from another): I replaced the config file but something went wrong and at the restart, after booting and the apple appearance, the screen says "hdmi no signal" and turns black, so I'm not able to access the system and replace the config file with the old one I had previously saved....

The old config file is saved in a pendrive, maybe you can install it via the terminal at the boot ?

P.s.: I had not enabled my ati card before replacing the config file, may have caused the problem ? Your config files provided for the ati card enabled ?

I thought to follow the guidance of your link to enable the ATI card on a later moment...

I'm pretty sure that the problem is only with the video card, infact using the keyboard I was able to shut down the PC (F2-ctrl + enter, to open the "apple menu", then the arrow down 8 times to choose shut down ...)

You need to boot your Sierra install from the USB you created to install macOS then mount the USB EFI partition and copy the config.plist in the CLOVER folder to your desktop.

Next eject your USB and mount your HDD EFI partition and paste the config.plist into the CLOVER folder to overwrite the old one.

............then mount the USB EFI partition and copy the config.plist in the CLOVER folder to your desktop.

Next eject your USB and mount your HDD EFI partition and paste the config.plist into the CLOVER folder to overwrite the old one.

Using the USB with which I installed MacOS I arrived at the Installation window of MacOS.

I don't know how to mount the USB EFI partition, so I open Disk Utility > File > Open Disk Image and I see the config file in the USB folder in which I saved it....

but at this point I don't see my desktop in which to copy the config file: the Utility Disk finder window shows only two devices: USB and the Hackintosh HDD (both mounted at the time)...If I choose the HDD I can only see 4 folders: Applications, EFI-Backups, Library, Users...

Do you think is better to re-install MacOS from zero ?

But when tour booting from the USB drive are you selecting you current install to boot from or are you booting from the USB to the USB?

Sorryyyyyyy ! I was booting from USB to USB !!! I thought the boot from HDD was not possible either directly than via USB ...... I was wrong !

So I put it back the old config file and the boot is now working again from the HDD...

I wanted to follow the guide you posted to me to enable the ATI card but I didn't found the AMD5000Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/

this is my Extensions folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9QdgKoSP1cYS0FSR3dOR0k4WXM

Perhaps the problem is the use of multi...(I found that here is not supported) for the after installation of MacOS ? 

Could you post me a link for a guide to how to use Clover for the post installation so that I can find out and install the correct kexts ?