Intel8051

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Currently I have the Mac OS x Yosemite 10.10 running smoothly on my machine:

Intel DP55WB
I5 750
12 GB Ram DDR3 1300
GTX 960 4GB

I'm trying to install the latest version of OS X Sierra though I'm experiencing problems at boot of setup.
I'm using the following kext:

fakeSMC.kext
nullcpupowermanagement.kext

I'm using SMBIOS: iMac 14.2

When I activate the rootless in config.plist:

post-701951-0-43906800-1478797633_thumb.png

Without rootless:

post-701951-0-09247000-1478797645_thumb.png

Both cases the computer restarts. I tried to diversify versions of Clover and configs without success.

You have a 1st gen Lynnfield Core i5 CPU, so 2 comments:

1) you should not need NullCPUPM kext at all, just make sure to enable P-States + C-States generation in your config.plist

2) iMac14,2 is a Haswell model, i.e. 4th gen Core platform; sounds inappropriate for your 1st gen system. Use iMac 11,3 SMBIOs instead

Also, make sure to disable SIP through CsrActiveConfig parameter to avoid trouble with 3rd party kexts.

Thanks for the answer Hervé,

When I removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext, this ended up giving kernel panic in AppleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext, so I came back the nullcpupowermanagement.kext.

Unfortunately the same problem continues, the computer restarts.

post-701951-0-69006500-1478807689_thumb.png

Ive a 2nd Gen I5, sandyBridge i think it is, i use Imac 12.1 and boots perfect with clover, i just have weird screen colour issue on reboot, apart from that its perfect, i dont use Nullcpu kext either, just what the guys above have said to tick.

• Like 1

Did you check the box in clover config for ASUS AICPUPM?

AICPUPM patch is not applicable to 1st gen Core CPUs, only to SandyBridge and subsequent generations.

More likely an issue with patched DSDT or FakeSMC kext. Why don't you post a zipped copy of your complete EFI folder?

Ive a 2nd Gen I5, sandyBridge i think it is, i use Imac 12.1 and boots perfect with clover, i just have weird screen colour issue on reboot, apart from that its perfect, i dont use Nullcpu kext either, just what the guys above have said to tick.

Thanks for the reply SavageAUS, Herve and gazza35.

The AICPUPM option is active. I'll uncheck this option.

Today I successfully installed Sierra on my hardware without nullcpupowermanagement.kext. The crashes apparently were fixed when I used dsdt.aml, changed some config.plist settings and used the clover legacy without UEFI.

At the moment I'm having trouble with the usb. In previous versions of OS X, the keyboard and mouse always functioned as the USBLegacy bios option.

But in the Sierra, no USB device is recognized. It is necessary to disable the USBLegacy bios option and activate the option Backwards Compatibility mode, in order to operate the usb devices.

The effect is that the speed of the usb is very slow. I tried many kexts like GenericUSBXHCI.kext and USBinjectall.kext, but without success. Can the problem be dsdt?

Obs: I had a problem with the video card, it was necessary to change the SMBIOS for iMac 14.1. Because the screen was completely black.

In the attachment is my folder efi.

Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

But in the Sierra, no USB device is recognized. It is necessary to disable the USBLegacy bios option and activate the option Backwards Compatibility mode, in order to operate the usb devices.

Try and see?

Can you also post original DSDT+SSDT

EDIT.

In your CLOVER > ACPI > patched folder you have dsdt.aml ...........rename to DSDT.aml

Once you make that change try this config.

config.plist.zip

Your config.plist looked to replace EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02, i.e. the de-facto standard replacement to get functional USB2.0 ports under EC and Sierra.

However, no such device as EHC1 in the extracted DSDT posted by Intel8051. Instead, the 1st USB2.0 controller is defined as EHCI, a common error in DSDTs. One should always check the DSDT code so that the Clover patches are fully effective...

Remember rule n°1:

:P

Thank you very much Hervé,

My motherboard has only USB 2.0.

Thanks for the tip, I just changed EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 in my dsdt.aml. All usb ports came back working! :D :thumbsup_anim:

post-701951-0-32795800-1478969867_thumb.png

In the attachment my dsdt and config.plist to help anyone who is facing the same problem and have similar hardware (Intel P55).

config.plist and dsdt.zip