Fixed: About this Mac crashing on 8.8.1 Kernel

TopazBar

61 posts in this topic

Fixed on ASRock Conroe945G-DVI. But I think this will work on other systems.

Restore /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app from 10.4.4.

Also restore /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter from earlier version to get Hardware Overview working properly.

Snapshot:

aboutthismacnr2.th.png

Hey Topaz, someone sent me the 10.4.4 logiinwindow.app, but that second file I'm trying to install. I used pacifist and went to that directory, it's still a folder and pacifist will only let me open a file. How do I get that sreporter thing? I'm new so please walk me through it thanks

You have to get the right software for this: http://rapidshare.com/files/1639635/SPPlat...porter.tgz.html

To install: sudo tar -xvzf SPPlatformReporter.tgz -C /System/Library/SystemProfiler

repair permissions using diskutil

reboot

Hey Topaz, someone sent me the 10.4.4 logiinwindow.app, but that second file I'm trying to install. I used pacifist and went to that directory, it's still a folder and pacifist will only let me open a file. How do I get that sreporter thing? I'm new so please walk me through it thanks

Finder->Go->Utilities->Disk Utility.

Once you bring up diskutility, find your root disk and click on it. Then under First Aid screen, you will find Repair Disk Permissions toward the bottom.

ok how do I repair the permissions? (I'm new to the mac world)

Finder->Go->Utilities->Disk Utility.

Once you bring up diskutility, find your root disk and click on it. Then under First Aid screen, you will find Repair Disk Permissions toward the bottom.

Cool...it works!! Thanks... my Bus speed says it's 1.07 Ghz.... since the JaS 10.4.8 is set to 200 as default, do I need to change it?

• 1 month later...