JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.ReSeed

JaS

68 posts in this topic

Yes, click "semthex kernel" in installation.

--

Someone who's in contact with JAS on IRC or somewhere, please tell him to correct the little mistake in kernels description. Mifki's for SSE3 and Semthex for SSE2, not vice versa like installer says. This maybe caused a lot of unsuccessfull installs.

I thought the Semthex kernel was also SSE3, but without NX, and HPET, or am I completely wrong.

Hi, I finally managed to run 10.4.8 (even if from the "bad" dvd) natively from HD, but in the installation process I select Semthex kernel, anyway it runs except known bugs such as "About this mac" crash and others I have not yet found. So with my sse3 cpu and Semthex kernel, what is the trouble? Or sse3 cpu can run any of the two kernel?

Thank you JaS for your hard work!

Bye.

Yes, click "semthex kernel" in installation.

--

Someone who's in contact with JAS on IRC or somewhere, please tell him to correct the little mistake in kernels description. Mifki's for SSE3 and Semthex for SSE2, not vice versa like installer says. This maybe caused a lot of unsuccessfull installs.

this maybe true, i ahve SSE3 and Mifki's kernel works for me, and Semthex's deleted all my partitions during install! :rolleyes:

Do any OS-X install DVD versions work with the ECS P4M800PRO-M V2.0 board [VIA chipset Core 2 Duo/Pentium D Processor]? (This board + Core 2 Duo CPU was purchased at Fry's). I've tried booting the DVD with several 10.4.x versions, and they'll either: bonk out and restart the machine, while still in the command prompt display mode. Or some get as far as the rotating gear icon, but then stops with the slashed circle "stop" icon.

Thanks!

-when using 10.4.4 as a base, any testing done on 965 chipsets?

-any plans to implement the new Titan project into this release?

When JaS produced the first 10.4.8 install DVD, he tried something new. The DVD itself booted in 10.4.8 using the new kernel.

Since some people had trouble booting the DVD, JaS has chosen to go back to the way the 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 install DVD's work - the DVD itself will boot using 10.4.4 and the 10.4.4 kernel.

The install DVD will install a base 10.4.4 version. A Combo 10.4.8 will be added on top of that. And selected packages will install on top of that. Just like his previous successful install DVD's.

Minimal packages will be included since it appears some of the old patches don't always work with 10.4.8 and the new kernel. In 10.4.8, some kexts changed and might need new or slightly different patches. For instance, GMA900 video and Realtek 8139 ethernet appear to have problems. JaS doesn't invent all of the patches himself - he depends upon the community to develop and prove them out. As patches are proven to be needed or proven to work with the new kernel, I'm sure JaS will add them to the iso whenever he provides a new patch for the iso.

I don't know the hardware configuration of the 50 or so testers, but I'm betting there are some Intel 965 chipsets in there.

hi all,

friends i install a new 4.8 in a 2# hd partition. install dvd work fine, but after install, i try a boot a have this msg "missing operational system"

if i boot form dvd the system load, but i dont have more my nic (realtek ) work, (no internet)

i have a question, how i do for restore a boot partition of my mac OSx?

waintin for help

thanks, and sory my bad english

[]'s

hi all,

friends i install a new 4.8 in a 2# hd partition. install dvd work fine, but after install, i try a boot a have this msg "missing operational system"

if i boot form dvd the system load, but i dont have more my nic (realtek ) work, (no internet)

i have a question, how i do for restore a boot partition of my mac OSx?

waintin for help

thanks, and sory my bad english

[]'s

No Problem, you have to delete your partition with disc utility from 10.4.7 or 10.4.6 DVD, the Disc Utility from 10.4.8 DVD is broken and don t create a correct partitiontable. After that, you can reinstall your 10.4.8 without this problem. there are other solutions here without erasing your Partition, but that works for me.

Rene