HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

AMD FX6300

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Nvidia GTX950

I created USB installer with macOS 10.12.1, successfully install macOS and clover not work. I configure it as before(in 10.10.5), but when i tried to boot, clover show me +++++++++++++++++++ and reboot computer. Chameleon boot system correctly. I tried different SMBIOSes, but no luck. Kernel is in /S/L/Kernels/. I attach the config.plist and installation screenshot. Sorry my bad English.

P.S. Do not look at clover version, its screenshot is old.

I don't know if this would help you, but I used Enoch to boot the USB installer and once it was installed, then installed Clover without custom settings, by default, copied my FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, edited my config.plist with my boot args and it worked without problems.

I tried your config, but nothing changed.

Ok, then you should wait for another Clover release\update.

At least, my config has a chance of working with 10.12.1

I don't know if this would help you, but I used Enoch to boot the USB installer and once it was installed, then installed Clover without custom settings, by default, copied my FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, edited my config.plist with my boot args and it worked without problems.

Why do all of you use NullCPUPowerManagement on AMD CPUs? I'm disappointed a bit, could you explain that for me?

Hm. I must try reinstall clover. My motherboard with BIOS, not UEFI. Maybe this is problem?

No xD

I mean it says that when I try to boot. 

That's an interesting case. And completely unusal, so you should try making a clean install ^-^

I'm afraid you'll get no answer on your case in foreseen future.

Hm. I must try reinstall clover. My motherboard with BIOS, not UEFI. Maybe this is problem?

No, UEFI Clover is just a bit (not a bit) faster.

Clover needs a functional prelinkedkernel to boot, if you use -f or UsekernelCache=No to boot with Enoch that will not work with clover at least with AMD hackintosh, boot with enoch repair caches from terminal make sure that you have a prelinked kernel without errors and then reboot with Clover.

Clover needs a functional prelinkedkernel to boot, if you use -f or UsekernelCache=No to boot with Enoch that will not work with clover at least with AMD hackintosh, boot with enoch repair caches from terminal make sure that you have a prelinked kernel without errors and then reboot with Clover.

There is "Boot xxxxx without caches" in Spacebar menu in Clover.

But Sierra will boot with caches ALWAYS. Yep :(

Okay

Don't get confused, it's NOT Sierra it's Clover, Enoch can boot Sierra without caches Clover can Not.Same thing was on El Capitan, Yosemite at least for AMD hacks, dunno about Intel.One of the disadvantages clover has Vs Enoch.

Slice said that El Capitan and Sierra systems don't even have no-caches boot mode -_-

Again, yes on El Capitan and Sierra there are no caches on S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup, that kextcache file is symlinked to the prelinkedkernel file,if you delete prelinkedkernel and reset the pc immediately the only way to boot is with Enoch -f or UseKernelCache=No so there is a no-caches boot,if you use Clover you will get instant reboot because Clover needs the prelinkedkernel file a.k.a kextcache,safeboot is a no-caches mode also have you tried to boot into safe mode (-x) using Clover? 

Don't get confused, it's NOT Sierra it's Clover, Enoch can boot Sierra without caches Clover can Not.Same thing was on El Capitan, Yosemite at least for AMD hacks, dunno about Intel.One of the disadvantages clover has Vs Enoch.

Okay. So, how I can build kernel caches with USB Fix? I use El Capitan USB fix v3, because without it system not boot and show me loop "USB bus stop/start". But with USB fix kernel caches not created. kernelcache show me errors of IOUSBHostFamily.kext(something about dependences)

Okay. So, how I can build kernel caches with USB Fix? I use El Capitan USB fix v3, because without it system not boot and show me loop "USB bus stop/start". But with USB fix kernel caches not created. kernelcache show me errors of IOUSBHostFamily.kext(something about dependences)

I think that you can't build prelinkedkernel from El Cap :)

In fact, no-caches function works in Cham, but not as it should. And you can boot into installer and make that prelinkedkernel from there.

I think that you can't build prelinkedkernel from El Cap :)

In fact, no-caches function works in Cham, but not as it should. And you can boot into installer and make that prelinkedkernel from there.

You can build prelinkedkernel from el capitan using kextcache -update-volume command,Kext Wizard or even touch command but it won't work for you because you have kexts that causing errors, you have to find out first which kexts don't link remove them and replace them with the vanilla apple kexts then use sudo kextcache -update-volume /Volumes/yourSierraDiskNAme and reboot.

see my post here             #197             you can also use GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you still have USB 3.0 problems those kexts are linking ok.

You can build prelinkedkernel from el capitan using kextcache -update-volume command,Kext Wizard or even touch command but it won't work for you because you have kexts that causing errors, you have to find out first which kexts don't link remove them and replace them with the vanilla apple kexts then use sudo kextcache -update-volume /Volumes/yourSierraDiskNAme and reboot.

see my post here             #197             you can also use GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you still have USB 3.0 problems those kexts are linking ok.

Hmm. I didn't use any non-vanilla kexts - only vanilla and only 10.12.1 kexts. But it still reported missing symbols.

The graphical glitch came back. I updated my Sierra 10.12 to 10.12.2 with Broya's new Kernel and I repair everything(remove kext, add new kernel). YES, I did enable my GPU(adding my device id to the kext) but it's not being recognized. My Graphics is AMD R7 370.

post-1900203-0-38413500-1481938867_thumb.jpg

The graphical glitch came back. I updated my Sierra 10.12 to 10.12.2 with Broya's new Kernel and I repair everything(remove kext, add new kernel). YES, I did enable my GPU(adding my device id to the kext) but it's not being recognized. My Graphics is AMD R7 370.

Fix your GPU it says 7MB vga,driver not injected or loaded,i'm on 10.12.2 and there is no glitch at all,i have green icons ONLY in safe mode where there is low resolution graphics.

• Like 1

I installed Sierra 12.2 (16c67) in my FX 8320 system using 12.1 kernel. It works well but I have glitched icons like El capitan (same problem as 10.12 GM with Bronya Kernel). How Can I fix It?

You have to inject your GPU, its not recognized by macOS OOB. Use this guide, It's really easy! When the Radeon works, the glitch is gone. 

As far as I can see, you have to edit the AMD9500Controller.kext and inject the Device ID 0x67DF1002

In Clover, you have to set:

- FakeID / ATI = full ID 0x67DF1002

- Inject / ATI = true

- FBName = framebuffer name Dayman

- FixDisplay = true

Repair Permissions and reboot. 

edit:

You should better read carefully. Your card is a special one. :D

You have to inject your GPU, its not recognized by macOS OOB. Use this guide, It's really easy! When the Radeon works, the glitch is gone. 

As far as I can see, you have to edit the AMD9500Controller.kext and inject the Device ID 0x67DF1002

In Clover, you have to set:

- FakeID / ATI = full ID 0x67DF1002

- Inject / ATI = true

- FBName = framebuffer name Dayman

- FixDisplay = true

Repair Permissions and reboot. 

edit:

You should better read carefully. Your card is a special one. :D

Yes, I know. Yesterday after installing Sierra 12.2 I tried to get the RX480 work with full acceleration by edit RadeonX4100 kext and inject 0x67DF1002 (In the 9500 controller there is already the device ID) but nothing has changed. I will try with clover (I always use Enoch bootloader).