HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

Whenever I opt to boot from my disk "Macintosh HD" it starts and it stops after looking for files in the "extra" folder.

Have you copied the extra folder, from the USB to your HDD? Same for the kernel and USB-Fix V3 if you have installed it or any optional kexts.

• Like 1

Which kernel are you currently using? Shaneee's only works on AMD FX series processors.

AMD 10.12 SSE Plus V2 

I believe.

But I already managed to install it with this kernel via USB, so shouldn't that indicate that the kernel was working for me? Or is it different once it is installed?

AMD 10.12 SSE Plus V2 

I believe.

But I already managed to install it with this kernel via USB, so shouldn't that indicate that the kernel was working for me? Or is it different once it is installed?

I would say yes, if you managed to install it with that kernel, it should work. I don't know, sorry...  :no:

Try removing AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E and reboot with UseKernelCache=No -v

That's true! When I installed it, I had to delete that file and also AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to get it working.

• Like 1

Good evening everyone! Is there a way to build prelinkedkernel (using kextcache) for 10.12 system through 10.10 terminal?
If i try to use "kextcache -prelinked-kernel *path to new file* -v 3 -kernel *path to 10.12 kernel* -- *path to mounted 10.12 BaseSystem.dmg /S/L/E*", it expectedly crashes (pointing to all the new stuff like csr).
P.S. The command is correct, it works flawlessly with 10.10.5 kernel.

Good evening everyone! Is there a way to build prelinkedkernel (using kextcache) for 10.12 system through 10.10 terminal?

If i try to use "kextcache -prelinked-kernel *path to new file* -v 3 -kernel *path to 10.12 kernel* -- *path to mounted 10.12 BaseSystem.dmg /S/L/E*", it expectedly crashes (pointing to all the new stuff like csr).

P.S. The command is correct, it works flawlessly with 10.10.5 kernel.

sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"OS X Base System"

Change the name if needed.

That's not what i need :)

You said you were needing to build the prelinkedkernel... That's what that command does. The messages you are referring too are just missing symbols. If you use the matching System.kext for the kernel these will disappear. 

• Like 1

You said you were needing to build the prelinkedkernel... That's what that command does. The messages you are referring too are just missing symbols. If you use the matching System.kext for the kernel these will disappear. 

Sorry, maybe i'm a bit dumb  :lol: . I've downloaded several (7) kernels that don't come with System.kexts, daemons and any of these additions and i need to build a prelinkedkernel for each and place them in one place. Accordingly, i have to specify a path to one of kernels and path to new prelinkedkernel. So i can't use your command to do that. (or, if i just don't understand, please correct me)