HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

With Clover set NVIDIAWeb to true in the config.plist and with the latest Enoch use NVIDIAWebDrv=True

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My MSI GTX-550Ti need set GraphicsEnabler=Y which is the only way to get QE/CI enabled.

Nvidia Web Driver can be loaded or disabled after GE=Y which made no difference in my hackintosh.

If GE=Y solved your graphics issue, I think msibase=0x90 or patched IOPCIFamily.kext is not required to boot 10.12.4.

Hey Ratibor

check this patched IOPCIFamily.kext drivers for 10.12.x

Hi guys, my bootloader is clover, and my gtx 550 ti is very slow, how enable QE/CI properly ? PLEASE :'(

Hi !

At this moment what can we expected to be working whit this awesome kernel ? and what not ?

turbo core ? or always is in a fixed freq ?

Sorry if my questions are very superficial , but i;m seriously thinking on move my hack to the amd side and i like to be sure.

Pdt: this is will be my config:

gigabyte gaming 5 aorus  ( any advice ? .. a really like a x370 board! )

ryzen 1700x or 1800x

ddr4 3200 2*8gb ( any advice ? )

gtx 1070

ssd m.2

Hi !

At this moment what can we expected to be working whit this awesome kernel ? and what not ?

turbo core ? or always is in a fixed freq ?

Sorry if my questions are very superficial , but i;m seriously thinking on move my hack to the amd side and i like to be sure.

Pdt: this is will be my config:

gigabyte gaming 5 aorus  ( any advice ? .. a really like a x370 board! )

ryzen 1700x or 1800x

ddr4 3200 2*8gb ( any advice ? )

gtx 1070

ssd m.2

You have written your question in a wrong page, please use the ryzen help topic

hi guys, if you need it, i want to share here an app i created to configure voodoo tsc sync for your cpu, also spakk helped me with the development of the amd support for this app

VoodooTSCSync Configurator, create a custom version of voodoo tsc sync

• Like 2

hi guys, if you need it, i want to share here an app i created to configure voodoo tsc sync for your cpu, also spakk helped me with the development of the amd support for this app

VoodooTSCSync Configurator, create a custom version of voodoo tsc sync

The best you re adding the app above under Downloads, then all members can access at any time on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi people, I abandoned games with hackintosh for a long time, I decided to try again, tell me where I can download macOS 10.12. * For my hardware, and install from under Windows

Iron is:

-CPU- AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Mhz - 1.42v / NB 2.4 - 1,25v / HT 2.6 / 

-Motherboard- ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, BIOS 2901 

-GPU- AMD R9 280X PowerColor TurboDuo OC 3GB GDDR5 1050/6000/1.15v

-GPU- AMD HD 7970 GHz Edition Sapphire ref 3GB GDDR5 1050/6000/1.15v

-SSD- 256Gb ADATA Ultimate SU800

Soon it is planned to replace two AMD video cards on the NV 1070

Advise where to download the necessary distro, the kernel and kekst if necessary

Is it possible to get full boot message?  dmesg shows only part of the text printed on screen at boot.

msgbuf=1048576

boot flag helps.  default one is 16384.

sysctl kern.msgbuf

shows this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, When you boot from the clover, the computer restarts

-CPU- AMD FX-9590 @ 4.7Mhz
-Motherboard- ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, BIOS 2901 
-GPU- Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 760 
-SSD- 128Gb Corsair 

flag: npci=0x2000 -v nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1(no clear)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to install mac os on my pc. I am doing this for the first time so i have no idea. i made a bootable pendrive using boot disk utility. when i boot it using clover it stucks at apple logo then restarts. Please help

My specs:

Processor:  Amd fx6300

Motherboard: asus m5a78l-m/lx3   

GPU: GTX 750ti

windows 7

Ram: Corsair vengeance 8GB

Trying to install el capitan             

I am trying to install mac os on my pc. I am doing this for the first time so i have no idea. i made a bootable pendrive using boot disk utility. when i boot it using clover it stucks at apple logo then restarts. Please help

My specs:

Processor:  Amd fx6300

Motherboard: asus m5a78l-m/lx3   

GPU: GTX 750ti

windows 7

Ram: Corsair vengeance 8GB

Trying to install el capitan             

Beside that graphics card you have the same system i do running 10.12.5 atm

Asus board has a usb issue,install elcapitan on virtual box first then clone it to ur external hdd,after cloning install a bootloader

can you please explain what issue you talking about so i can test it on mine? thank you

The usb 2.0 not usable since el capitan on amd board except on gigabyte board,it u disable the kext for usb 2.0 the speed will decline to 12 mpbs per second,and not good for data transferring,but enough for usb keyboard/mouse

never noticed that speed decrease i just did a usb backup to my external drive so i can test 10.12.6 on the system

is that related to bios or some kext or something ..this board doesnt have usb3 also  any information on why it does decrease in speed?

• 2 weeks later...

I have sierra installed with an AMD processor Ive used VoodooHDA effectively BUT VoodooHDA has bad quality AND it causes applications (like games) to not launch. Ive tried every single combination of clover config with AppleALC and it doesnt even show something as an output. Id love some help getting sound working. 

Guys, what about thread ripper? has anyone tested it yet with ryzen kernel?, i am asking here because this is the general tread to discuss about amd

There is someone trying on this forum they got to gIOScreenlockState.    Using a 1080ti, on there risen kernel testing thread.   

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-36?do=findComment&comment=2492867