HELP TOPIC - [AMD] macOS Sierra AMD CPU (10.12.x)

spakk

470 posts in this topic

Please use this page to ask questions which are not directly related to Kernel Developement.

• Like 2

here are a few kernels

Edit:

Please use this page to ask questions which are not directly related to Kernel Developement ==> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317619-help-topic-amd-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-1012x/
Everything that does not have to do with the kernel development will be moved there in the near future.

Thanks for these new kernels.

Unfortunately I got the exact kernel panic as Post#218 at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-11for Phenom X4 9850 with AMD10.12_V2 or AMD10.12_V2s.

As expectation it got kernel panic after VM Swap Subsystem is ON

Invalid user opcode (64-bit)...........for Phenom X4 9850 with AMD1012FX-V2 or AMD1012SSEPlus_V2.

Unexpectedly it got loop hanging before reach Waiting for DSMOS due to invalid user opcode 964-bit) too for FX-6300 with AMD1012FX-V2 or AMD1012SSEPlus_v2.

It seems SSE4.1 emulation not working yet !

• Like 1

Which version that you are using?

Only 10.12 that worked for me and other versions didn't, so make sure that you have this (10.12) version and give it a try.

BTW, I'm not using FackSMC in /System/Library/Extentions I only use one in Extra folder and it is not the latest version (the latest version causes panic error for me) I'm using this version 6.16.1372

I'm using 10.12 build 13A323 and I'm using a previous version of FakeSMC because the latest causes kernel panic..

• Like 2

here are a few kernels

Edit:

Please use this page to ask questions which are not directly related to Kernel Developement ==> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317619-help-topic-amd-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-1012x/
Everything that does not have to do with the kernel development will be moved there in the near future.

Are any of these Good for PHENOM 2, or are these all spin-offs of the same kernel?

• Like 1

I'm using 10.12 build 13A323 and I'm using a previous version of FakeSMC because the latest causes kernel panic..

Is your hackintosh working at 10.12GM now ?

Any difference between copy/replace and merge of those 3 frameworks in /System/Library/Frameworks ?

Are any of these Good for PHENOM 2, or are these all spin-offs of the same kernel?

According to my testing up to now no any kernel works for Phenom or Phenom II without SSE4.1 instruction set.

• Like 2

I write here my procedure:

1. I copied a sierra partition from a real mac

2. I put the Bronya file (kernel kext and framework)

3. FakeSMC version 6

4. Usb patch V3 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/).

The system work very well.

The icon don't have glichy problem presents in "el capitan".

Some problem for USB port, and some problem for USB wireless stick. 

Is your hackintosh working at 10.12GM now ?

Any difference between copy/replace and merge of those 3 frameworks in /System/Library/Frameworks ?

According to my testing up to now no any kernel works for Phenom or Phenom II without SSE4.1 instruction set.

No it doesn't work.. same looping with com.apple.xpc

There is a way to activate the SSE4.1 instruction, you have to wait a little. it takes a little work

There is a way to activate the SSE4.1 instruction, you have to wait a little. it takes a little work

OH that sounds interesting, could you possibly share more info like, will this be applicable to all AMD?

Just curious about something,

A User on another forum is Running an Athlon Quad, obviously not FX, but he reports having it installed and working on his Athlon, if this is true, then the kernel must work for certain other CPUs.

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/29221-macOS-Sierra-auf-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-CPU/?s=22b8457fd520108621af1a4e40b006427821843b

OH that sounds interesting, could you possibly share more info like, will this be applicable to all AMD?

A User on another forum is Running an Athlon Quad, obviously not FX, but he reports having it installed and working on his Athlon, if this is true, then the kernel must work for certain other CPUs.

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/29221-macOS-Sierra-auf-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-CPU/?s=22b8457fd520108621af1a4e40b006427821843b

Then install as "derhackfan" has described it. He uses the current Clover r3883, the current FakeSMC.kext, and the System.kext from kernel package
And he has edit the config.plist, with this boot flag: -v npci=0x3000 (Is dependent on what hardware you have, if you have a nvidia graphics card, then use with nv_disable=1 for the first boot ) and the SIP was disabled in the Config.plist, the kext injection is set to Yes. he has'nt installed the modified USB drivers, he can live with the only one working USB port.
  • Like 2

Yer not for me like, ill wait, Ive NEVER been able to cet clover to Work on my AMD for some reason, Enoch is my only option.

Clover works well with amd hackintosh, moreover can you set some fine adjustments better with clover as with enoch (I also prefer enoch..but....).

Try to install and set up clover on your usb flash disk. If sierra boots good with it and all your wishes are met, then you can install it on your partition and take copy all modified data from usb flash disk to your partition.

• Like 2

Already tried various versions of Clover, my system just hangs at a white cursor and goes no further, no idea why, its never worked which is a shame, Only leaves me Enoch seeing as Chameleon itself has no Sierra support as yet.

Ive a feeling the clover issue on my system is probably to do with the pkg used to install the USB, i downloaded someones EFI folder once, and that actually worked, tho took an eternity to bring the os selector screen up.

Enoch works great, its just a case of waiting for a kernel update with SSE4.1 emu, hopefully that wont take too long.

Ive even tried looking to see if there was a hack to trick the cpu or system into believeing sse4.1 is avail lol, no joy there either, and all the programming is over my head.

Maybe im installing clover to the USB wrong, could do with some instructions for that.

Ok hey guys, Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or the correct package i should use, To Correctly install CLOVER to a usb stick for use on my AMD Phenom2 System, i seem unable to be able to get it to work.

I have mentioned before that AMD Athlon X4 860K has SSE 4.1 instruction set, that's why it can work now.

Other non-FX CPUs without SSE 4.1 instruction set can not work until the future new kernel which can emulate SSE 4.1

Clover can boot my FX-6300 very well from 10.10.5, 10.11.6, to 10.12GM, but always got immediate screen freeze for Phenom X4 9850, Phenom II X6 1405T, and Athlon 64 X2 6000+ to boot 10.11.x or 10.12GM as Shaneee's post.

I have mentioned before that AMD Athlon X4 860K has SSE 4.1 instruction set, that's why it can work now.

Other non-FX CPUs without SSE 4.1 instruction set can not work until the future new kernel which can emulate SSE 4.1

OK, just his post is slightly confusing, he reports actually installing it to a Phenom 2, in other parts he mentions INTEL, and in other parts he has mentioned the Athlon, so, perhaps its fake because i cant actually work out for sure what he has installed Sierra on there.

But id still like some Clover help, my main interest right now is getting Clover booting on my system, regardless of OS.

I still have problems with com.apple.xpc loop errors...I really don't know what i have to do. I tried everything and the process to make the usb it's right (I think).

This is the process: 

I use a Pandora's Box for create the usb installer from 10.12(13A323)  and then:

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- replace IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- copy kernel.plist in ENOCH

- repair permission and regenerate cache

I don't use the latest version of fakesmc because i got a kernel panic. 

post-1872079-0-17627900-1478272445_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

copy FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

Are these not meant to go into the E/E Folder?

If you are definitley running a compatible processor then maybe try Clover route instead.

I still have problems with com.apple.xpc loop errors...I really don't know what i have to do. I tried everything and the process to make the usb it's right (I think).

This is the process: 

I use a Pandora's Box for create the usb installer from 10.12(13A323)  and then:

- copy Bronya kernel on /System/Library/Kernels

- replace IOKit.framework, System.framework and Kernel.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks

- delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, pmtelemetry.kext and AppleTyMCEdriver.kext from /System/Library/Extentions

- copy System.kext from Bronya kernel tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy all kext in USBFix v3 tarball to /System/Library/Extentions

- copy PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices

- copy kernel.plist in ENOCH

- repair permission and regenerate cache

I don't use the latest version of fakesmc because i got a kernel panic. 

Same screen here. 

copy FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagment and GeneralUSBXHCI to /System/Library/Extentions

Are these not meant to go into the E/E Folder?

If you are definitley running a compatible processor then maybe try Clover route instead.

I have an fx-8320 and it's compatible, I tried clover but still have the com.apple.xpc loop error, I'm hopeless..

try to boot in single user mode:

-s  and the other boot-flags

then type:

fsck -fy

Repeat this until the partition is displayed as "OK".

then type 

exit

or boot with: -v npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 usekernelcache=no