Logitech VX Revolution Highly Recomended 10 Out Of 10

3 posts in this topic

Saturday I bought this wonderful mouse replacing my old Logitech wired optical. I chose to buy the laptop version of this series because the full size version has a thumb wheel that did not feel comfortable to me. The size is not that much smaller then my old mouse so I hardly notice it.

The mouse laser tracking is the best I have seen, it's so accurate that I can run my cursor at full speed the way I like it. Another bonus is not seeing that dam red light flickering out the side of my old mouse when I'm trying to watch a movie. I have not found a surface that it won't track on yet.

The number of programmable buttons is awesome and took a little time to decide what to program them to do. Having the zoom feature of Mac right on the mouse is very handy. The thumb buttons are well placed without sticking out too much causing accidental clicks when you place your hand the mouse.

The best feature of the mouse is the awesome scroll wheel it's simply perfection at it's finest. At first I did see what the big deal was with what they called hyper scroll until I noticed the little slider switch on the bottom. You have the option to have the classic click scroll or the free wheeling hyper scroll. The hyper scroll is great for me as I read a lot of long web pages like this forum. Just a simple light touch and you scroll a little or a heavy touch and your at the bottom of the web page in a flash. Logitech claims that the wheel can scroll for seven seconds thats one long page. It took a little bit of time to get use to it and to set it at the right speed but I will never go back to classic scroll.

The software was a nightmare on my system, I had to uninstall it and use SteerMouse. The Logitech Control Center software caused system wide problems, several programs failed to load. I had to uninstall the software to get to my audio controls. Some of these problems are not the cause of running a HackinTosh they are being reported by true Mac users.

The only problem that I see aside from software is it's battery life as it only runs on one AA and I'm a power user but rechargeable batteries are cheap.

Pros:

Hyper scroll wheel :)

Style very sharp looking :)

Highly accurate laser :)

Programmable buttons

Cons:

Possible short battery life

Price $80 Canadian on sale reg. $99 :)

Logitech Control Center :)

post-9016-1162345391_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After nearly a month of hours of use a day the battery finally dropped one indicator on the power meter. So it looks like I will get about 3 months out of one AA battery which is really impressive. My last wireless mouse went through 2 AA batteries every month.

If anyone wants one Future Shop just put it on sale for $69CAD