Iris 540 in new MacBook Pro. Will 530 work?

Dradis

5 posts in this topic

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but i can't find this exact question asked.  I know support for Intel HD 530 graphics is currently limited (flickering, no wake from sleep), but I noticed that the new macbook pros with touch bar that just came out a few days ago use Intel Iris 540.  I realize that Iris 540 is a higher performance GPU than the HD 530, but it is in the same family.  As far as i know this is the first Apple product to use any sky lake graphics.  Any chance a simple mod of the Iris drivers will make the HD 530 fully functional?

I picked up a MSI cubi with an Intel i3 5005 with HD 5500 graphics, and in windows 10 it registers as HD5500, but in Sierra it has metal support for Iris 6100. It more or less did it on its own.

My Skylake 530 by using fake ID 0x19120002 and ig platform 0a206080 no inject Intel I get Intel SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. I've tried using various IDs but no luck it's either SKL CRB "apple Skylake graphics" or HD 530.

If you look at the appleIntelSKLGraphicskext there are more than ten IDs to try out that may land you on Iris.

just noticed that the new 15" models have Intel HD 530 along with the AMD GPU.  I'm hopeful that this will mean full support for desktop 530's once those models are available.  

Have you tried the SKL CRB fix?   The upper left corner is still there but the scrolling white screen at boot goes away and most programs run smoother.