[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.2

mnfesq

93 posts in this topic

This may not be related to 10.12.2 but my laptop has had the same problem with all of the betas of 10.12.2:  Sleep does not work after reboot by closing the lid. Closing the lid will cause the OS to hang and I have to do a hard shutdown.  Sleep works, however, by using the shutdown window or menubar, but not by closing the lid.  Once the laptop has gone to sleep and woken up, it will go to sleep by closing the lid and sleeps and wakes just fine until the next time I reboot.  I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the sleep file that is created the first time a computer goes to sleep.  It may also have something to do with my antivirus app or any of a host of other apps I run.  Assuming it's macOS-related, any ideas?  

I stand corrected. Just tried closing the lid on my laptop and it doesn't sleep any more. Yes I waited and yes it was working and yes I used sudo pmset hibernatemode 0 but it's still not working.

User error.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Full soft install of Sierra 10.12.2 Beta 5 (16C60b) and system is stable as always...

Just installed the Nvidia Web Driver, repatch AppleGraphicsControl.kext and IO211Family.kext and the result was what I expected! Perfect ?

post-1313347-0-67061100-1481161042_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-62111300-1481161063_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-17983000-1481161083_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-51480300-1481161100_thumb.png

Full soft install of Sierra 10.12.2 Beta 5 (16C60b) and system is stable as always...

Just installed the Nvidia Web Driver, repatch AppleGraphicsControl.kext and IO211Family.kext and the result was what I expected! Perfect

Hi. Maybe you can rename your Graphics card (Typically 'Device (GFX0)', you can check it from ioreg.) to 'Device (GFX1)'. Then you can boot without patching AppleGraphicsControl -> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/C*/Info.plist.  :) 

• Like 2

System Information: Model: iMac (27-inch, Retina, Late 2014)  CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (8 Threads, 4 Cores) @ 4.00 GHz  Memory: 16.00 GB  Disk Space: 59.16 GB  Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600, AMD Radeon R9 290X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080  OS: macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.2, Build 16C63a) zero issues besides minor flicker and chrome crashing

This may not be related to 10.12.2 but my laptop has had the same problem with all of the betas of 10.12.2:  Sleep does not work after reboot by closing the lid. Closing the lid will cause the OS to hang and I have to do a hard shutdown.  Sleep works, however, by using the shutdown window or menubar, but not by closing the lid.  Once the laptop has gone to sleep and woken up, it will go to sleep by closing the lid and sleeps and wakes just fine until the next time I reboot.  I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the sleep file that is created the first time a computer goes to sleep.  It may also have something to do with my antivirus app or any of a host of other apps I run.  Assuming it's macOS-related, any ideas?  

It appears that Beta 6 has fixed this problem.  Laptop went to sleep following reboot and installation of 10.12.2 beta 6.

• Like 1

Updated my laptop to PB6. It looks as if the console is logging every keystroke. I don't remember seeing this in earlier builds.

Update: Looks like it was the VoodooPS2Keyboard kext I was using. I see RehabMan has a new build of VoodooPS2 out now so I'm using that and there's no more logging.

Hi Riley freeman & guys,

could anyone please pst the latest trackpadprefpane from 10.12.2 db6,

also is the voodoops2controller .kext by rehab man working fully.

I have working trackpad with newest release but the trackpad pref pane in system pref is still rolled up, and does not open.

Is this the case with everyone else.

\TIA

macq: You can find the latest VoodooPS2 files here. Trackpad prefpane is working fine with the latest Sierra build.

Sorry, I meant the Trackpad.prefPane from the latest build ,if you could post that ,I was using the one from 10.11.6  in Sierra to make it work.

But even with the 10.12.2 dp4 build pref pane and using the latest voodoops2 from rehab man the system preference/ trackpad doe not open .

No change with new kext.

I put it in clover/kexts/10.12.