[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.2

mnfesq

93 posts in this topic

Edit  /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist "16C" + Config.plist "NvidiaWeb YES"

[Attachment = 205556: 16C.jpeg]

Thanks for the info. HMMM, I had already edited the NVDAStartupWeb.kext info.plist just as you did and I get a black and white screen and the laggy performance. Perhaps it's due to differences in video cards??

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. This, and the other recent betas, all result in a strange grey screen (no colour of any kind except for grey scale) with some curious artifacts along the OS X title bar. Also, any open applications seem to both work and not work - alternately loading and/or crashing. I hope this isn't the case in the future. 

Hmm. This, and the other recent betas, all result in a strange grey screen (no colour of any kind except for grey scale) with some curious artifacts along the OS X title bar. Also, any open applications seem to both work and not work - alternately loading and/or crashing. I hope this isn't the case in the future. 

I have the same issue. In my case it's related to the Nvidia drivers. Patiently waiting for new ones for these betas.

Yes I've had the same issue with my gtx960. Os X becomes unusable with nvidia driver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. In my case it's related to the Nvidia drivers. Patiently waiting for new ones for these betas.

Yes I've had the same issue with my gtx960. Os X becomes unusable with nvidia driver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I figure as much. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me. 

Here's a way to stop WiFiVelocity from spamming your Console.

Boot with SIP disabled, run this from the Terminal and reboot:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.wifivelocityd.plist Disabled -bool YES

It's a bit brute-force, but disabling it from launchctl doesn't work here.

+1 Does anyone know how to disable the NVIDIA web driver to make the system usable again? I can't get the panel to open.