Installing Sierra on a Skylake Notebook

PlutoDelic

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Im trying to load Sierra on my Lenovo e560 (i5-6200u, intel hd 520), from my El Capitan trial, getting it to work was a hellish task, although i've read Sierra is a bit better in this case.

What are the "must-do" cases for Skylake, especially for the Notebooks. Mandatory kexts?

PS, i've searched, but i seriously could not find any compiled page with all the necessities.

Hi guys,

Im trying to load Sierra on my Lenovo e560 (i5-6200u, intel hd 520), from my El Capitan trial, getting it to work was a hellish task, although i've read Sierra is a bit better in this case.

What are the "must-do" cases for Skylake, especially for the Notebooks. Mandatory kexts?

PS, i've searched, but i seriously could not find any compiled page with all the necessities.

At first you should try to just get into the installer:

1) Have you successfully created a USB Installation Disk for Sierra?

2) Do you have FakeSMC.kext on EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other?

3) Is the Inject Kexts entry set to Yes on your config.plist?

4) If all the above are true, then enable Verbose mode and share your output in order to help you.

If all these questions are giving you a hard-time, then you need to read the basics from a Tutorial :)

there's no special kexts needed just the right ' Installer Tool ' like Chris1111 USB Installer <<< which is not available anymore atm :-(

You can try Pandora's Box - never tried myself.

I tried Sierra, but was dissapointed, because there's was no Sound on my System !

good luck

greetings

At first you should try to just get into the installer:

4) If all the above are true, then enable Verbose mode and share your output in order to help you.

If all these questions are giving you a hard-time, then you need to read the basics from a Tutorial :)

No worries, this is at least my 5th machine that i "hackintosh" with. I am very comfortable with clover in UEFI environment. Got the USB with clover ready, only looking for some tips for config.plist and if any mandatory kext is needed.

I did all the steps of the above with El Capitan, hence my awful experience, although it booted fine with just gui artifacts and an unsupported wifi card, it just didnt feel as stable as my 1st gen i5 Dell hackie.

there's no special kexts needed just the right ' Installer Tool ' like Chris1111 USB Installer <<< which is not available anymore atm :-( You can try Pandora's Box - never tried myself. I tried Sierra, but was dissapointed, because there's was no Sound on my System ! good luck greetings

Keep us posted please. Although, even when i install clover, i do it completely manual, i never go for the installer, i use the clover iso images and manually twiddle with the EFI partition (most of the time, in Windows).

Just gave the latest clover a try, ticked verbose option, booted 10.12.1 USB Install, though im having no whatsoever output, blank screen and no computer activity. Never had this issue before, but i know it still is not kicking into macOS, is this a UEFI Drivers issue?

Also, im using the default config.plist.