HP Pavilion dv6-6180US

oljik

8 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed macOS Sierra 10.12.1 on my DV6-6180US, yesterday. Here is what I have done:

-Created Vanilla Sierra USB with Clover bootloader. I couldn't install it on my laptop because of USB2.0 ports. I got "Error mounting volume for repair" after reboot. So, I connected my HDD to another Laptop with USB and installed there.

Post Install

-Patched DSDT with Rehabman's battery fix and installed his kext.

-I am using Clover to Inject kexts at the moment

FakeSMC, Realtek81xx, VoodooPS2Controller, GenericUSBXHCI

Here what works

Intel HD3000                       -   Inject Intel from Clover made it work smooth. Don't know about acceleration.

USB3.0  [NEC/RENESAS]   -    patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext (GenericUSBXHCI.kext also works)

Keyboard + Touchpad.        -    VoodooPS2Controller.kext (1.8.4 or greater version)

LAN                                      -   Realtek81xxx.kext

Camera, DVD drive working natively.

Partially

AMD 6770M                        -   Extracted GPU rom, placed in EFI/CLOVER/ROM. Load VBIOS, Patch VBIOS, Injected ATI, EDID and used   

Cattail FrameBuffer from Clover.

**AMD appeared as second display with same Intel name, Mirroring them and testing with OpenGL        

Extension Viewer Shows differences between Radeon and Intel, but FPS max is fixed at 60. I assume VSync is on. I haven't been able to test games.

Audio                                   -   used AppleHDA Enabler, installed DummyHDA.kext and added Patches in Clover config.plist

**Headphones and External Mic doesn't work. And Central Speaker doesn't work.

Here is what needs fix

Intel Wireless N 1030 - didn't work and will not work until someone writes driver for it. Using D-Link Wireless N (DWA-140 RevA1) USB dongle.

USB2.0  - It's on EHC1. EHC2 is working natively, where Camera and Fingerprint Sensor connected internally.

CardReader   -  I haven't been interested but I will use it frequently in future.

FingerPrintSensor  - Don't need.

I have created this topic to help other similar Laptop installations and help me.  Help me to get it fully working.

I have used AppleHDA Patcher with Clover patching and DummyHDA.kext.

Now I have Speakers and Internal Microphone working. I was believing it would work, because Intel High Definition Audio was Recognized in System Report. Not like before on Yosemite.

I have 3 Speakers and Central Speaker is not working, it only works on Windows after installing my HP IDT driver. I don't get separate Internal speakers and Headphones and External Microphone is not recognized. Laptops can get separate Headphone/Speaker and Internal/External Mic, can't they?

For now it is enough. I will try to correct Layout From Codec Dump when I have time.

I was able to boot with Load VBIOS, Patch VBIOS and Intel+ATI Injectors along with Baboon FB and EDID got from my ArchLinux Xorg.log. However there is no AMD Display and OpenGL features. It doesn't mean that selecting different FBs don't make it work, does it? 

I will try other FrameBuffers.

I want to contact Global Moderator. How can I contact him?

I have made my AMD Radeon 6770M work by selecting Cattail FrameBuffer. However it is connected as Extended Second Monitor.

Can I change it with FrameBuffer? If I mirror them can I select which Graphics to use? It only renders in one of them right? 

• 3 weeks later...

I could make External Mic input port by adding my external mic's Pathmap in Platform.xml and setting LineIn 8 value in Pin complex Verbs. However, External Mic input is always only intput even if I put jack sense value in Pin Complex Verbs. I also experimented connecting Central and subwoofers into Verbinfo and Pathmap, but no success.

Maybe I will put VoodooHDA and make all speakers work there.

I also don't have subwoofer but there were connection ports on Motherboard. I will check it with MB scheme and if it is connected physically to the Amplifier I will place some good Speaker as subwoofer. It is just annoying without Subwoofer, sometimes low music beats is not sounded at all.

Scheme says that there will not be filter and amplifier for subwoofer. There is separate amplifier for Center speaker and Headphone too, only speakers are connected directly to Codec. 

Subwoofer connector is also 2 pin. I have 4 pin connector free and saw on google that there are 2 speakers in woofers, so that is why I thought it may be connected. However I can add subwoofer with filter and amplifier if I can output audio to Mono_out. It will be easy to test it in Linux. But I am planning to sell this notebook, so may be in another life.