FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have both Surface Pro 1 and 2, and succeeded on FV2 with Pro 1, but not Pro 2 with the same Drivers ( AsAmiShim.efi ). In Pro 2, trackpad worked pretty well, but keyboard didn't, so, can't enter the password at all. Both have the same Mac OS version (Sierra 10.12.3), and clover version (latest one).

Appreciate if anybody could shed some lights on it. 

Thanks,

Yes, I tried UsbKbDxe too. I used Build_Command to compile the UsbKbDxe, and tried that one, result is the same. Not sure if I did anything wrong or not in the compilation. if anybody has any tested UsbKbDxe, and provide a copy, it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

VS2015x86 RELEASE build with all fixes/workarounds enabled...

Thanks a lot for the file. Unfortunately, this one doesn't work neither. I am trying to compile the original one (from clover) with PCD flags turned to TRUE.

Thanks a lot for the file. Unfortunately, this one doesn't work neither. I am trying to compile the original one (from clover) with PCD flags turned to TRUE.

Clover one is not the original one rofl, it's copy+paste+replace-PCDs-with-build-flags-or-remove-the-PCD-code. As I said, I turned all three workarounds on in the build. Can you check if UsbKbDxe is even loaded in Shell?

Clover one is not the original one rofl, it's copy+paste+replace-PCDs-with-build-flags-or-remove-the-PCD-code. As I said, I turned all three workarounds on in the build. Can you check if UsbKbDxe is even loaded in Shell?

Here is the pre-boot log I collected, I could see it was loaded. 

preboot.log.zip

Thanks a lot for your input, I am trying to compile it again by follow the first post (CupertinoModulePkg's). 

Sounds like you know how to compile it, so I suggest you to mod the code wirth DEBUG() messages (remember to set DebugLib in the .dsc) and set "waypoints" to see what gets executes, i.e. the reconnect code.

Sounds like you know how to compile it, so I suggest you to mod the code wirth DEBUG() messages (remember to set DebugLib in the .dsc) and set "waypoints" to see what gets executes, i.e. the reconnect code.

following instruction to compile the codes is ok for me, but modifying code might be beyond my capability. if you could modify the code, and I can do tests, I guess. Anyway, really appreciate your reply on my help request.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this sounds stupid, but where I can download the files that are mentioned in the first post?

They are distributed with Clover. You can find it in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get FileVault 2 to work inside my KVM VM using Q35/OVMF, Clover r4049 and macOS 10.12.4 

Enabling FV2 works fine, the machine reboots, I choose "Recovery" in the clover boot menu and then get the usual FileVault 2 login mask. 

Unfortunately that's where I am stuck because it won't accept any input.

Using UsbKbDxe (the binary linked earlier with all 3 fixes/workarounds) causes the system to freeze upon the first press of any button. 

Using AptioInputFix seems to do nothing, I'm still stuck at the FV2 login mask and can't input the password.

The peculiar problem with running it inside a VM is that it isn't possible to disconnect/reconnect my keyboard because it's being emulated. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Using UsbKbDxe (the binary linked earlier with all 3 fixes/workarounds) causes the system to freeze upon the first press of any button.

Very odd, my UsbKbDxe doesn't have many changes from the original, which is the one EDK2 deploys (distributed with EDK2 for QEMU a.k.a. OVMF). Do you have AppleKeyMapAggregator loaded as well? How do you know the system freezes, is mouse input not working after a key press or what?

AptioInputFix is for Aptio firmwares, as the name says...

EDIT...

FileVault2 is not compatible with VM.

Explaination?

I'm trying to get FileVault 2 to work inside my KVM VM using Q35/OVMF, Clover r4049 and macOS 10.12.4 

Enabling FV2 works fine, the machine reboots, I choose "Recovery" in the clover boot menu and then get the usual FileVault 2 login mask. 

Unfortunately that's where I am stuck because it won't accept any input.

Using AptioInputFix seems to do nothing, I'm still stuck at the FV2 login mask and can't input the password.

The peculiar problem with running it inside a VM is that it isn't possible to disconnect/reconnect my keyboard because it's being emulated. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Here is an (another) idea:

Try to remove the usb keyboard (or remove the passthrough) on that screen and reattach it and see if it works.