• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

krzyssp

krzyssp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How does it work with Bluetooth keyboards (for example Apple Magic Keyboard)?

smolderas

smolderas

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

They should work, if you can use them in your BIOS for example.

vit9696

vit9696

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 310 posts

AptioInputFix work for me. Is there any AptioInputFix without debug mode before Clover menu ?

I will build one and once the bugs are ironed out...

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

You have to have AptioInputFix.efi present for Apple Bluetooth Keyboards to work, I just tested this (Not tested the alternative keyboard driver).

Once FV2 is enabled do you have to always boot from the "Boot macOS from Recovery HD" option that appears in the Clover menu?

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 909 posts

Once FV2 is enabled do you have to always boot from the "Boot macOS from Recovery HD" option that appears in the Clover menu?

Yes.

EDIT: Do I see it wrong or is UsbKbDxe placed in drivers64 for legacy boot? What sense does that make? Just replace the TianoCore one in the DUET image, that will solve the issue of having to reconnect the keyboard on every boot...

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Should I be able to update Clover that is installed to the ESP once FV2 is enabled as currently when I try it installs it to the root of the booted drive?

smolderas

smolderas

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Should I be able to update Clover that is installed to the ESP once FV2 is enabled as currently when I try it installs it to the root of the booted drive?

It is a completely different volume, so yes.

dgsga

dgsga

All these moments will be lost like tears in rain.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

I have found the same issue too. The Clover installer when run on an encrypted FV2 volume installs to the root partition and not the EFI partition...

vit9696

vit9696

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 310 posts
You need to update clover installer scripts in a similar way to current rc scripts:
https://sourceforge....boot/code/3860/
And submit a patch to slice to get it added to trunk.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Yes.

EDIT: Do I see it wrong or is UsbKbDxe placed in drivers64 for legacy boot? What sense does that make? Just replace the TianoCore one in the DUET image, that will solve the issue of having to reconnect the keyboard on every boot...

The work in progress. Legacy boot Clover contains a driver BiosKeyboard witch is not ready yet for FV2.

But I didn't propose to replace it with UsbKbDxe because the last one is not working with PS2 keyboard.

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 909 posts

The work in progress. Legacy boot Clover contains a driver BiosKeyboard witch is not ready yet for FV2.

But I didn't propose to replace it with UsbKbDxe because the last one is not working with PS2 keyboard.

Nevermind, it has been done by now, seems like the users were using an old Clover build.

mrmacdi2

mrmacdi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

So, just to clarify to be sure that I understand everything right: in case I have Clover in legacy mode (BIOS + clover on ESP) on my laptop (PS2 kb) , do I need to install UsbKbDxe&HashServiceFix-64.efi?

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 909 posts

So, just to clarify to be sure that I understand everything right: in case I have Clover in legacy mode (BIOS + clover on ESP) on my laptop (PS2 kb) , do I need to install UsbKbDxe&HashServiceFix-64.efi?

HashFix is only for AMI Aptio... for UsbKbDxe, if I'm reading the code right, you should not need to install it separately, but I am not using Clover, so cannot confirm.

EDIT: Nvm, HashFix is for any firmware not implementing the Hash protocol for SHA1.

mrmacdi2

mrmacdi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thx, works just fine OOB on PC.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

I am not sure HashServiceFix is really needed. I seems have success without it.

vit9696

vit9696

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 310 posts
At this point HashServiceFix is indeed optional. What it does is:
a) Overwrites broken SHA1 hash implementation if it finds it;
B) Installs new SHA1 hash implementation if nothing is found.

This allows boot.efi to access more files in FirmwareVolume and thus request SHA1(ArrowCursor_2x) file, which is for HDPI screens.
If no file was found, then the default cursor image will be used. For this reason it is currently optional, however, there is no proof that it is not going to change soon.

mrmacdi2

mrmacdi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Unfortunately, on my laptop USB kb is not working - tried Logitech and A4tech standart keyboards: not possible to enter the pass.
But caps lock and num lock work: indicators on my laptop are changing, so kb is connected...

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Unfortunately, on my laptop USB kb is not working - tried Logitech and A4tech standart keyboards: not possible to enter the pass.
But caps lock and num lock work: indicators on my laptop are changing, so kb is connected...

Did you use this new UsbKbDxe?

mrmacdi2

mrmacdi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I'm using UsbKbDxe from Clover 3882 package. The same clover 3882 legacy is installed on my hackintosh PC and it works fine - I unlock FV2 w/o any problems.

P.S. Additionally Ctrl-Alt-Del works - it reboots my laptop :)

vit9696

vit9696

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 310 posts
Added a new AptioInputFix version:
— fixed numpad keys (might require enabled numlock in bios);
— added a workaround for keyrepeat and missed keys, should work with Clover's AppleKeyAggregator now (will require at least Partial Usb Initialisation in Fast Boot section);
— fixed rare system startup freezes;
— improved z87 mouse behaviour.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FileVault, FileVault 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy