• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Ender28

Ender28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I forget to ask for one thing -  system startup takes 17-20 sec, but restart or shutdown is too long. o.k. SSD inside is SanDisk U100, it is not speed champion…

what is situation with your Samsung?

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

a bit, as you said, but needs you to get used to them

4 fingers zoom really amazing

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Hi guys,

first of all - big thanx to Midi for this clear and comprehensive guide, and also thanx to all others involved and taking part in this awesome project.

following this guide (with some small modifications), I succeed to get working Yosemite on my Samsung Ativ XE700T1C-03SA - my version came with i3 proc (1.8 GHz), 64 GB mSATA, no 3G - all other specs are the same as yours, I believe. I exchanged combo wi-fi/BT card with combo compatible card Atheros AR5B195. Now, almost all things are working (sound, mic, brightness, wi-fi, battery), but next things are still not in function:

- installed Wacom driver, but in Sys Preferences is a message that not found Wacom compatible device.Tried with 2 different version of Wacom driver (Bamboo tablet of course), no success. I can remember before few months I succeed in that way with another guide (from www.reddit.com), I mean I could use s-pen and make a drawings in a SketchBook application. maybe some kexts are problem or so?

- Bluetooth - anybody had success with it? or maybe I am wrong in some step in procedure? or something additional has to be done? any link? also, few months before I had so-so success with BT following same guide as I mentioned above. seems that this card has a problematic BT chip, or issue is with not adequate kexts.

- sleep is not working as I expected, but I can not claim definitely, still testing.

Another thing to mention - started GeekBench 4, and got next results (to remind - i3 proc-3217U):

- single core - 1819

- multi core - 3114

are these results o.k. or it can be better?

any opinion/feedbac/advice?

Thanx.

Thanks dude, everyone appreciate it!

First of all : YOU HAVE ONE WEIRD TABLET! I mean seriously, you're the first i3 on Tab i've ever read about! (who cares if it works)

- Wacom: Check first on windows if it is indeed Wacom, if yes, Install the Surface Pro's UPDD, then install Wacom's drivers. The Samsung Slate 7 Drivers take ownership of the Wacom device and thus this "No compatible Wacom device". Tip: Uninstall the current UPDD, check the Applications > Utilities folder

- BT: since your have the same BT as mine so it's easy, also I ignored the BT part as I dont use it and mostly people here use the BCM card which I dont know how it works but meh! I'll add it on the ADDINS post. Go to https://bitbucket.or...mware/downloads and downlaod the latest kext, copy it to L/E (Library > Extensions), open terminal and type this:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions

Reboot. Now it should work and appear in SysPref

- Sleep : Fix your DSDT, and since you have a different CPU, you may probably have different patches and fixes, however they are all common. Also, an SSDT would totally help.

For those score, I dont know, I've never ran a test, if you really wanna know, compare it with a MBA5,2 as it has the same i5 CPU as in our (not yours) Tabs, also I dont really care about how it performs, as I use macOS for fun and web browsing and a stable OS for some light work, and I still have windows on the side for workload and many other features.

I forget to ask for one thing -  system startup takes 17-20 sec, but restart or shutdown is too long. o.k. SSD inside is SanDisk U100, it is not speed champion…

what is situation with your Samsung?

it's fast, like 10 secs boot up and 10 secs shutdown (if I close all the apps beforehand ofc).

Yours is most probably a DSDT/SSDT and (in some extreme cases) kext patches (that clover will take care of). Make sure you have AppleRTC enabled under KernelAndKextPatches.

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Today I bought the Jot Pro for my Yoga 500, which is capacitive only

What is the recommended apps for sketching and note-taking non Wacom?

Ender28

Ender28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanx midi for your prompt answers and advices. I was playing and trying some things, with next results:

- reading some other posts, I supposed problem with Wacom was in GenericUSBXHCI.kext or something related to USB. problem was maybe in version of this kext (proven version is 1.2.8d9), or in config.plist settings - see Clover Configurator -> Boot -> check 'gux_defer_usb2' - or both of them. Anyhow, after installing above mentioned version of Generic… and set 'gux_defer…', everything became o.k. pen is working OOB, only need Wacom pentablet driver for calibrating. maybe this can be useful for someone with same issue.

- BT - still nothing. tried your instructions, and also tried to install this kext in S/L/E (with KextWizzard), and also tried to put it in EFI partition in kext/others folders - no luck. System does not load it, and there is no Bluetooth in System Prefs. In System Information, I can see under USB device tree 'Bluetooth HCI' and Product ID: 0x3002, Vendor ID: 0x04ca - Lite-On Technology Corp. Any idea?

and, just to say - it's not weird tablet, with your help and some work it is becoming pretty nice functional and useful tablet/laptop whatsoever. one clarification - under name of this model XE700T1C, there are versions also with Atom processor. mine is XE700T1C-A03SA, and this version is with i3 proc and no 3G and 64 GB mSATA - for middle east market (saudi arabia, emirates…), where I already bought it.

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Today I bought the Jot Pro for my Yoga 500, which is capacitive only

What is the recommended apps for sketching and note-taking non Wacom?

I'm not an art user of the tablet, nor using it for not taking, but I can recommand Krita for sketches and professional drawing, as there are also MANY other programs. Also, this is a ATIV thread, you get what you did there, right? :)

Thanx midi for your prompt answers and advices. I was playing and trying some things, with next results:

- reading some other posts, I supposed problem with Wacom was in GenericUSBXHCI.kext or something related to USB. problem was maybe in version of this kext (proven version is 1.2.8d9), or in config.plist settings - see Clover Configurator -> Boot -> check 'gux_defer_usb2' - or both of them. Anyhow, after installing above mentioned version of Generic… and set 'gux_defer…', everything became o.k. pen is working OOB, only need Wacom pentablet driver for calibrating. maybe this can be useful for someone with same issue.

- BT - still nothing. tried your instructions, and also tried to install this kext in S/L/E (with KextWizzard), and also tried to put it in EFI partition in kext/others folders - no luck. System does not load it, and there is no Bluetooth in System Prefs. In System Information, I can see under USB device tree 'Bluetooth HCI' and Product ID: 0x3002, Vendor ID: 0x04ca - Lite-On Technology Corp. Any idea?

and, just to say - it's not weird tablet, with your help and some work it is becoming pretty nice functional and useful tablet/laptop whatsoever. one clarification - under name of this model XE700T1C, there are versions also with Atom processor. mine is XE700T1C-A03SA, and this version is with i3 proc and no 3G and 64 GB mSATA - for middle east market (saudi arabia, emirates…), where I already bought it.

Got it, as I don't have the device, it will all be on you! Also, I'm sorry, I dont have my other hack that have the BT part (as on my tablet I got the AR5B95, which is the same as AR5B195 but with no BT). Sorry

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I'm not an art user of the tablet, nor using it for not taking, but I can recommand Krita for sketches and professional drawing, as there are also MANY other programs. Also, this is a ATIV thread, you get what you did there, right? :)

Thank you. That is what I want. My device is just passive capacitive, so not all strokes and shapes are recognized  by this stylus. Its precision is about 85%. If you use it for entertainment then it is just ok. Good for sketching and calligraphy. I really want to get the sharing from people using touchscreen on macOS as you know they are very rare. I try google, and ask the stylus seller but they all said, they havent seem any Mac machine with touch. 

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Thank you. That is what I want. My device is just passive capacitive, so not all strokes and shapes are recognized  by this stylus. Its precision is about 85%. If you use it for entertainment then it is just ok. Good for sketching and calligraphy. I really want to get the sharing from people using touchscreen on macOS as you know they are very rare. I try google, and ask the stylus seller but they all said, they havent seem any Mac machine with touch. 

Yes, but for what you want (sketching and calligraphy) I recommend an active pen digitizer like Wacom, Huion... (either integrated or external) for that kind of activity. The touch screen is used only for User<->OS interaction most of the time, not for content creation.

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

:)  I install SketchBook Pro on both Windows and macOS. macOS with its touch gesture is bit productive than in Windows. I still get used to digital sketch. I found it not quite easy as it look like. I watch some video on youtube and found people really struggle do shading, even when using pressure sensitive pen. I found this passive pen quite helpful for a beginners. If I am more kin on digital sketching and I am still interested in this, I might try an external digital drawing pad as your recommendation. Sometimes I do web and software development, so an active digitizer would be very helpful but it is also splur. I don't really need scripting too.  Thank you.

Psicopompo

Psicopompo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Everything works OK, except the UPDD part. When I install it I get a message stating that the trial period has expired (immediately after installation).

hi midi. congrats for the excelent guide. the sound for me is not working i have inkect 6 in clover an the aplealc in the other kext folder but not working at all. thanks

Same problem. Solution: Delete AtivHDA.kext, them install VoodooHDA.kext, repairs permissions. Reboot.

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
Ok ill be clear again, WHY ARE YOU STILL USING AtivHDA? I clearly stated the usage of AppleALC (use 1.0.19) which is better (waaaaay better) than any applehda patcher atm.

Anyway for your first problem, close it, and follow how to patch UPDD (ez as dat) or check my other patch under Samsung forum section (same section as this thread).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I want to tell everyone here that Im discontinuing this project for now. My tablet broke, for some reason my bios is fried (not physically thankfully) and it wont turn on. Ill open a thread if anyone can help me with it.

Psicopompo

Psicopompo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Ok ill be clear again, WHY ARE YOU STILL USING AtivHDA? I clearly stated the usage of AppleALC (use 1.0.19) which is better (waaaaay better) than any applehda patcher atm.

Anyway for your first problem, close it, and follow how to patch UPDD (ez as dat) or check my other patch under Samsung forum section (same section as this thread).

I want to tell everyone here that Im discontinuing this project for now. My tablet broke, for some reason my bios is fried (not physically thankfully) and it wont turn on. Ill open a thread if anyone can help me with it.

Sorry, but I'M NOT USING AtivHDA, I'm just telling Edwin what his problem is possibly. The same thing happened to me and I solved it.

I'll try your patch. Thank you.

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

How do you patch UPDD. I myself have a method to bypass the trial it but some what complicated.

Oh I see. My approach is totally different. Thanks.

That way, I have 5 figures gesture

Psicopompo

Psicopompo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

How do you patch UPDD. I myself have a method to bypass the trial it but some what complicated.

Oh I see. My approach is totally different. Thanks.

That way, I have 5 figures gesture

What is your method?

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Your method is to re-install the trial UPDD driver every 24hours. How do you get multi-touch gesture?

It is impossible. Locked by Trial driver.

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Your method is to re-install the trial UPDD driver every 24hours. How do you get multi-touch gesture?
It is impossible. Locked by Trial driver.

I use the driver with the gestures app, and yes i get full gestures, but I reinstall each 24 hours. What's the issue here? If your method is better, you are welcomed to help, we need a better method for that!

Psicopompo

Psicopompo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I use the driver with the gestures app, and yes i get full gestures, but I reinstall each 24 hours. What's the issue here? If your method is better, you are welcomed to help, we need a better method for that!

+1

Psicopompo

Psicopompo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Virgosun's channel on youtube ----> Multitouch gesture 3, 4 and 5 fingers OS X

midi_senpai.pkg™

midi_senpai.pkg™

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

The touch drivers that I install (and stated in the guide) is specifically designed (and custom made) for ativ tab 7 from the touchbase website. The gestures files (that you can use too) have gestures close to windows' feel: swipe from the right to get notification pannel, from left for all apps, 5 pinching to maximize/zoom the window, 4 pinching for showing the desktop/launchpad like on real touchpad, 2 fingers for scrolling and going back and forward (touchpad gestures), 3 finders touch for either kyb invoking or search selected terms (changeable in the updd gestures settings), 3 finger flick to swipe between full-screen apps, long press for secondary menu. it's like a real touchpad with some windows inspired gestures. Your method is the same, I dont see any difference in your video, unless you've bought the software, well that's another thing.

virgosun

virgosun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I don't know if your activ driver is a license or not but without a license, then multiple-ginger is locked. I have tried and it is true 

My Yoga use general downloaded driver from Touch-base and without my hacking, 5-fingers gesture is not avaiable. Also I dont have to re-install the driver any more 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy