Static Noise on El Capitan 10.11.6 Build

Mondstaub

5 posts in this topic

After 3 attempts i finally got a running Hackintosh, but i have static, crackling noise. It's low in volume and is ocurring when moving the mouse, using keyboard be it bluetooth or wired. It also occurs when loading a App. It's not audible when i listen to headphones out on the front of the case or the one direct from the MOBO. It gets not louder when i increase the volume, it stays at the same loudness. I plan to use this build for music production so i would love to have this fixed. As Audiodrivers i have ALC1150 and the 100Series Audio installed  i also ran HDAEnabler using Kext Utility. In order to get the Nvidia Drivers to work i had to run two AGDP patches. As System Spec i used iMac17.1 and i also increased the USB Portlimits . I found a thread wich had a solution to very similar problems using these few codelines in config.plist:

<key>CPU</key><dict>    <key>QPI</key>    <integer>100</integer>    <key>UseARTFrequency</key>    <false/></dict> 

That did not work out well and i had to start afresh, as i could not boot anymore into OSX, even with nv_disable=1 i had no more luck. It's very much possible that i screwed it up with code writing, so would like to know if anyone has any solution on how to solve this problem and when it involves injecting code into the plist, a thorough guide on how to do it properly would be nice. Thanks ;)

Rig Specs:CPU: Skylake i7 6700K

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH

GFXCard: EVAGA Geforce 950 GTXSc

HDD:Samsung EVO 250GB

WiFiCard:TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900

Attachment: Current Plist file in .txt format

config.txt

hello

follow the rules here .. take a little from ur time and read the rules from the forum ..

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! (ABOUT TONYMACX86 AND iATKOS M / Y)    

Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86    

u are free from use tony's tools .. but don't ask for help here .. 

good hack

• Like 1

hello

follow the rules here .. take a little from ur time and read the rules from the forum ..

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! (ABOUT TONYMACX86 AND iATKOS M / Y)    

Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86    

u are free from use tony's tools .. but don't ask for help here .. 

good hack

Just read it now, sorry my bad, i edited my post and hope it's ok like that. I was not aware of it and i'm new to the OSx86 project, so i hope that you forgive me my mistake.

Thanks for making me aware of it!

Good Hack

Thanks for the hint Artur, i'll take a look after work.

Cheers and good hack

I finally found a solution to the noise problem i had.

After no sucess with different codes in my plist, i had a go at the BIOS and finally found the culprit after lots of trial and error.

In the Chipset Settings i changed the internal GFX to disabled and since then i had no more crackling noise.

I'm not shure if that will work for other people with similar issues with the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH, but i'm shure that this is only possible when having a GFX Card in your Hack.