Choppy slow video/graphics on HD4600 desktop

pet1

10 posts in this topic

I'm using 0x0d220003 as the platform id. I've also left it blank. Either way it's the same result. I've also used 0x04168086 for Intel FakePCID but when I do it comes up as no kext loaded in system profiler. If I leave platform id blank or insert the above I get 16 megabytes of vram and the kext is loaded but the video is very choppy and snowy. Attached is my config. This is on an asus z97-a, 4790K on El Capitan using clover. Thanks in advance.

config.plist.zip

if it's a desktop which seems to be the case restore frame buffers if modded, remove all hd4600 patches including the DSDT if there are any (you can opt to boot without DSDT to test). remove fake id's  from config/ fake pci id kexts and just click "inject intel" in graphics section of clover (I use clover config app but not all feel its the correct method to edit config many prefer Manually editing it).

see if that works for you. thats what I am using on a desktop with native hd4600 I'm also using iMac 15,1 smbios. I am also on Sierra just incase it's a Sierra only thing. I have not tried any other os version on this machine.

Thanks for all the input. If I opt to uncheck nvda_drv=1 do I use the new web option switch? I thought that was for sierra. I have used 14,1 14,2 etc. And seems to be the same. I'll try again with leaving platform Id blank cycling thru different smbios' s. I use 5,1 cause 14,1 14,2 causes the auto sound detect to stop working after sleep.

Nvidia works fine. I wanted to use both at the same time. I was under the impression that was possible. If I disable the frame buffer edits the system restarts when it boots to the desktop, or black screen. This is with either smbios's.

supposedly clover has an option for selecting which display is your main one it is called BootDisplay in graphics section of config.

the only reference I can find to it is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/?p=2237977

it is supposed to help you select what graphics port is your main display. I guess you would have to look in ioreg and see what is says it is.