10.4.8 JaS Install Reports - ONLY -

plympton

115 posts in this topic

I've managed to get USB working, but AZALIA AUDIO don't.

I've tried editing like I did before using Rammjet's guide, but everytime I load the KEXT OSX tells me that its invalid or is uncorrectly installed.

Well, here's what I tried so far:

775i945GZ Asrock Board

Celeron D 3.2 GHz

Burned the ISO with Disco.

Chose one language and hp-printers, no fonts.

Patches chosen: 10.4.8 combo, mifkis kernel, gma950, usb2.0

The check of the DVD failed.

Burned the ISO with Toast.

Chose one language and hp-printers, no fonts.

Patches chosen: 10.4.8 combo, mifkis kernel, gma950, usb2.0

Check still failed, I pressed Ignore this time.

Install went through.

On reboot I got a black screen with a few blue blocks. Mouse was moving, nothing else.

Trying again now with a clean HD,

'til then,

MisterMaggi

I would recommend to burn the Disk with diskUtil ..this was needed on the Mac to get a Bootable copy of a OSX install on PPC..

try to install your OS without the GMA950 Package and install it after the complete Install..repair permission..reboot

So,

that's how far I'm at the moment:

Wiped the disc clean.

Started a new install with the minimum stuff (no fonts, no nothing) and 10.4.8 combo and mifkis kernel.

Install went through.

About this Mac crashes, no network (realtek-chip's detected as internal, but greyed out in network preferences).

Installed GMA950 and LoginWindow from 10.4.8 DVD.

Repaired Permissions.

Shut down.

Inserted a Intel 100 Pro NIC.

Booted.

Graphics now working, About this Mac works, Intel NIC is detected but won't work.

Back to 10.4.6 for now,

I'm trying to burn DVD with diskutil again, and I would really like if JaS would offer some patches for those things which don't work, yet. :gun:

I might try with Semthex-Kernel, too.

For today it's enough, that's definite. :)

THANKS to JaS again, I donated a few bucks yesterday, so keep it coming! :D

ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi

E6300@3.2G

eVGA 7900GT

MAXTOR 200GB SATA/NEC 3540A IDE Burner

Turn on AHCI mode in bios.

Fresh install with default speed(no OC) and use a IDE-SATA adapter to connect the burner, all sata devices are on ICH8R instead of JMicro.

Install is quite easy and standard.

Problem and fix:

1. On board NIC

use skge(NIC2) kext from froum and works. Another NIC should also work with Yukon2 but I cant find the kext :)

2. Clock speed skew

Having problem when I OCed to 3.2G even with fsb=460 specified. Both semthex or mifki wouldnt work(on the DVD, havent tried the lastest version yet). I got the DaemonES's kernel and it works great now.

3. Sound

There is a P5B thread on the forum, exact same change applies to the P5B Deluxe.

4. Video

with Titan.kext, the card works fine

5. JMicro IDE Controller

Get AppleVIAATA.kext from rapidshare and applied the fix metioned in DS3 thread.

6. USB RTL8187(ASUS WIFI AP Solo)

Cant get it work. The driver from Realtek is PPC binary and cant work on Intel Mac. I do need wireless so I currently set up a WDS and use the onboard NIC.

2. Clock speed skew

Having problem when I OCed to 3.2G even with fsb=460 specified. Both semthex or mifki wouldnt work(on the DVD, havent tried the lastest version yet). I got the DaemonES's kernel and it works great now.

Are you sure about FSB? 460 seems rather high. Perhaps it should be 230.

Got most problems sorted out... for my networking I copied the old Ionetworkingfamily.kext over and now my networking is fine again... for the non working usb I used this: ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development...(Intel)-log.dmg install this and it will be fine.. for no qe and ci use this method if you use callisto by omni:

How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboo

and it worked like a charm again. however didnt got a great speed improvement only 5 points in xbench

Dell Dimension 8400

Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz HT (HT is disabled) with SSE2, SSE3, but no HPET and NX

1 GB DDR 2 RAM (400 MHz)

DVD-Rom and DVD+-RW Drive

Ra-link PCI Wireless

160 GB External USB HD (OS X totally boots off here)

evga nVidia Geforce 6600 (QE and CI Enabled)

I like updated from 10.4.7 JaS to 10.4.8 offical apple update with semthex kernel (miki kernel does not work on my computer). I like totally needed to repair permissions for audio and built-in ethernet. Ra-link Wireless still worked. PS/2 keyboard no longer works, now I am using a USB keyboard.

I installed Titan and now QE/CI now works on my nVidia Geforce 6600. ^^;

Abit IC7-G, P4 Prescott 3.4Ghz, SATA+PATA, Ac97, GigE, 6800GT/256Mb. All working perfectly and running for a few days with no crashes.

Installed using USB keyboard/mouse, sem. kernel. Had to plug in a PS2 keyboard/mouse after install was complete. Installed the titan kext and IOUSB 261-4-2-LOG, rebooted, and USB was working.

S3 does not work (reboots). S1 works if you manually switch to sleep mode from a PC98 key. Sleep mode appears to be partial (drives shut down), but I have always had this problem even with XP.

Great job JaS :)

BTW the only winblows-based app that would successfully burn the DVD without corrupting part of it was... wait for it... dvddecrypter.

Smooth install on a D915GEV board with P4 630 and HIS Excalibur 1600Pro IceQ graphic card with the JaS 10.4.8 reseed DVD...

Just no intro video is displayed...instead a blank white window for a while until it complains about my Logitech keyboard not being recognized (o;

Goes right into QE/CI during configuration.

Only drawback...no sound on HDAudio which was working on systems up to 10.4.7...

But as people are talking about a newer DVD version I guess I don't need to reseed the JaS image anymore (o;

cheers

davorin

When going to install I get an error that it can't load a file. However I think that it is a problem with the DVD itself and that i need to burn it at a slower speed. I haven't reburned it because I had to go to work before I could complete this. However, I have not been able to find any information in reguards to 955x chipset support. Is this motherboard covered by the JAS 10.4.8 install? With the install do I still have to set the FSB with the fsb=266 or what have you when starting up even the installer? Thank you again for everyonea help, and JAS if my play station skeem works out I will send you some cabbage.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, took another few hours for my pleasure and tried again to get the system to 10.4.8.

Board is a 775i945GZ ASROCK

CPU is a Celeron D

Installed without checking any additional patches, mifkis kernel, combo update.

After that I installed the GMA950 package from DVD, repaired permissions, rebooted.

About that Mac restarts finder (reminds me of the Explorer in Windows, bahhh).

Got an alternative smbios.kext from somewhere out of this forum, about that mac works now. :(

Still no ethernet, neither with the built in, nor with an intel 100 Pro or an intel 1000 Pro.

Got the combo 10.4.7 from apple. installed the ionetworking.kext from that package with pacifist.

But no luck, so I still have no networking capabilities.

Anyone an idea? THX very mucho,

MisterMaggi :)

EDIT: Tried the original 10.4.6 IONetworkingFamily.kext from comboinstaller and the original 10.4.8 from my MacPro, but no luck here, either. In System-Profiler it says the following thing (now with the original 10.4.8):

IONetworkingFamily:

Version: 1.5.1

Last Modified: 8/17/06 4:33 AM

Get Info String: Version 1.5.1, Copyright 2000-2006 Apple Computer, Inc.

kext Version: 1.5.1

Load Address: 0x2a295000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.unsupported: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified

So does anyone know, which dependencys these are, what for, and how to fix?

My main goal is to get the Intel Pro/1000 GT Desktop Adapter working with this machine.

THX