Disable restarting applications 'Resume function' once and for all?

naquaada

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

is there a method to disable this crappy 'Resume' function completely, maybe by removing a framework or something like this? I absolutely hate this function. It maybe useful if you are using a SSD, but even with really fast 7200 rpm WD Black on SATA6 this function slows the system so down until you have access to the desktop.

Is there somehow a method? Using the System Preferences it won't work, like disabling the Notification Center. I could remove it completely be renaming /System/Library/CoreServices/NotificationCenter.app. But I didn't find anything similar about the 'Resume' function. I'm actually using 10.9.5.

Greets, naquaada.

I hate this too.

Check this option:

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.46.43.png

With this, I don't have 'Resume function' anymore.  :)

If an app continues to re-open its documents and windows when this feature is turned off, check the app's preferences for a similar feature.

Some apps have their own setting for restoring windows.

To temporarily prevent an app from re-opening its documents and windows, hold the Shift key while you open the app.

Sure, but all programs are restarting, Firefox, Mail, iTunes etc. All Finder windows stay open like in Leopard.

If I uncheck the 'leave windows open' button at every reboot this isn't happening, but it's annyoing to do this every time.

Ah, I posted it there because it's not really a 'post-installation' issue, that sounds like problems which are directly after a fresh installation.

No, the Apple World section, it's just for Apple Machines. 

This here is an global OS X function problem.

No really, as I told you, I don't have this problem. In all my Hacks btw...

And as we are using a Hackintosh, the issue itself can be more than OS X.

Do you know what parts are responsible for the 'Resume' function? Somewhat must be statet or else. I know therere's in the homefolder a folder called 'Library/Searched Application State', but I removed EVERY access features, no read, write, execute for anyone. I read this somewhere, but it doesn't help. I searched with Path Finder for this folder name, and nearly every single application has this folder. The states are saved inside the application. But still, some function in OS X must read them.