Z800 Kernel Panic on El Capitan

test961

10 posts in this topic

Hello;

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I've been working around 2 weeks to transform my Z800 to hackintosh machine. So far no success and I am getting errors after errors.

I tried to get some help at tonymacx86 forum but it seems that the people over there got drunk whenever their machine work and dont reply to post.

Anyway, here is the situation

I have a Z800 Bios version 3.57 with 2 x 3.47GHz X5690 Xeon CPU, 480 Kingstone SSD, 16GB RAM and Nvidia Quadro 6000. As suggested on internet search I disabled Firewire and Virtual Technology and set the SATA mode to AHCI+RAID (The other availble option is IDE)

I created boot stick with multiple method to install 10.10, however I couldn't detect any hard drive during installation.

I dropped the idea to install 10.10 and decided to install 10.11 which is even worst.

I tried to create the bootable USB stick with different methods, everytime the OS installation start to load I got the kernel panic message.

Untitled.jpg

Any help or idea how to fix it.

Sorry again if this is not the correct section.

Hello;

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I've been working around 2 weeks to transform my Z800 to hackintosh machine. So far no success and I am getting errors after errors.

I tried to get some help at tonymacx86 forum but it seems that the people over there got drunk whenever their machine work and dont reply to post.

Anyway, here is the situation

I have a Z800 Bios version 3.57 with 2 x 3.47GHz X5690 Xeon CPU, 480 Kingstone SSD, 16GB RAM and Nvidia Quadro 6000. As suggested on internet search I disabled Firewire and Virtual Technology and set the SATA mode to AHCI+RAID (The other availble option is IDE)

I created boot stick with multiple method to install 10.10, however I couldn't detect any hard drive during installation.

I dropped the idea to install 10.10 and decided to install 10.11 which is even worst.

I tried to create the bootable USB stick with different methods, everytime the OS installation start to load I got the kernel panic message.

Untitled.jpg

Any help or idea how to fix it.

Sorry again if this is not the correct section.

You got a powerful machine!! Anyway HP workstations can be very sticky with El Capitan. I managed to install both El Capitan and Sierra on my HP Z400 and both the systems work fine, but I had to use Enoch to install and Clover for post installation. I suggest you to use Pandora's box (downloadable on this site) to prepare a new USB pen drive installer and use Enoch on it. Once installation is completed you can use Clover on your system HD.

PS: don't forget to install LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx (see attachement) both on your USB installer and on your system internal HD or MAC OS X won't see your HD(s). To install the kext you can use Kext Wizard.

LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext.zip

Finally answers  :D

@artur_pt, I followed this tutorial step by step; on EL Capitan I am having this Kernel Panic Message. On Yosemite, I can't find any hard drive other then the USB Stick

@PPCnostalgic, thank you for the tip; I will definitely try your way but I have a question; you said to put the LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx on the USB installer, do you mean in /System/Library/Extensions; also you said to put it on the internet HD, what do you mean by this, which disk?

My Z800 have a Windows 7 harddrive where I am using a 10.10 VMWARE machine to prepare my stick. I want to install 10.11 on the same Z800 but on different hard drive.

PS. Does it matter where to plug the USB stick (Front usb port or Rear usb ports) Also what exactly do I need to disable in BIOS. Sorry too much question but I will find my way eventually.

Front USB port(s) were fine for my installation. Open Kext Wizard and then go into "installation" tab (upper left near maintenance), drag the kext into the window and choose your USB created installer as destination.

And yes I strongly recommend to use another hard disk for OS X.

Thank you.

Can you please verify what exactly do I need to disable in BIOS.

Front USB port(s) were fine for my installation. Open Kext Wizard and then go into "installation" tab (upper left near maintenance), drag the kext into the window and choose your USB created installer as destination.

And yes I strongly recommend to use another hard disk for OS X.

I spend around an hour following the tutorial for pandora in order to prepapre the USB. Once finished I flashed LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICH to my boot stick. 

Now when I try to boot from the USB, it doesn't work. Windows starts all the way.

Any idea?