I got banned on tonyMacx86, what do I do?

lmybobbob

79 posts in this topic

:blowup:

Being banned from the TM is already routine for me. Now it's because I explained how to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] without presenting the usual mistakes. OK, OK...

Banned from TM (ip ban lol, sometimes I do trolling on their forum with a VPN) from back in 2014 for using one of 'their' kexts in a .pkg file. That was a normal ban (certain time period) but then my ban increased to a permanent IP ban because I had multiple accounts xD

yeah i don't understand the logic at all..... like are you serious, permanent ban because of one thing I said? That has never been the best practice anywhere.

I'm over it now, fk the tutorial I wrote, I know how to make USB, edit DSDTSSDT, edit clover, etc, it sucks others can't see my post, but if I can ever get my account back, I'm moving my 4000 word tutorial out of the cancer site.

Just make another account and save the web pages and paste them over here...it's your IP anyhow. Let them {censored} and moan !

idiotsban_1.png

That is a real news. Where are the kexts made by them? You are allowed to post a link, plz

They have an entire downloads section for kexts where they just post everyone else's stuff. https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/

Note that in my original post I had 'their' in quotation marks; I wasn't implying that they actually made them their selves.

Apparently they didn't appreciate me using some of the ones posted there in a pkg file.

• Like 1

I got banned from there too. I was innocent all I did was mention Hackintosh zone yosemite clover they don;t allow that? That makes no sense tonymac is a hackintosh forum correct?

Yeah, distros such as Hackintosh Zone, iAtkos etc. aren't allowed there because they're piracy; but the irony is that even Hackintoshes in theory are against the law anyways, so you do it at your own risk regardless.

I like how here on InsanelyMac discussion of distros isn't censored, but people are encouraged to do a vanilla install.

off topic

Lara: i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - MSi GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G 100 ME - Sapphire R9 270X - Mac OS X 10.9.5  - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -  Ubuntu 16.10 - Clover r3388

Sarah: i5-650 - GA-H55M-UD2H - ASUS ATi HD 5450 1GB - Mac OS X 10.6.8 - Chameleon r2381

May (Thinkpad E530): i5-3230M - Intel HM76 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Mac OS X 10.9.5 - Chameleon r2381

Emily: (ThinkCentre A57 SFF): - Core 2 Duo E7300 - HP nVidia Quadro 600 1GB - Lenovo G31T-LM2 - Windows 7 Professional x64

Barry (IBM S50 SFF): - Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz - MSI nVidia GT 610 2GB - IBM Motherboard - Windows XP x32

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

cool

• Like 5

off topic

Lara: i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - MSi GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G 100 ME - Sapphire R9 270X - Mac OS X 10.9.5  - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -  Ubuntu 16.10 - Clover r3388

Sarah: i5-650 - GA-H55M-UD2H - ASUS ATi HD 5450 1GB - Mac OS X 10.6.8 - Chameleon r2381

May (Thinkpad E530): i5-3230M - Intel HM76 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Mac OS X 10.9.5 - Chameleon r2381

Emily: (ThinkCentre A57 SFF): - Core 2 Duo E7300 - HP nVidia Quadro 600 1GB - Lenovo G31T-LM2 - Windows 7 Professional x64

Barry (IBM S50 SFF): - Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz - MSI nVidia GT 610 2GB - IBM Motherboard - Windows XP x32

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

cool

I give them all names; I think it's nicer than

<- Gigabyte Ga z270 Gaming k3 / Core i7 7700k / 32 GB RAM DDR4 / Kingston SUV400S37/240G -> /// <- Gigabyte Ga x99-ud3p / Core i7 5820k / 16 GB RAM DDR4 / Kingston HyperX Savage SHSS37A/960G ->

<- Gigabyte Ga z170m d3h / Core i7 6700k / 32 GB RAM DDR4 / OCZ TL100 25SAT3/240G -> // <- Asus z170m Plus / Core i5 6600k / 8 GB RAM DDR4 / Western Digital WDS240G1G0A/240G ->

<- Gigabyte Ga h110m-s2 / Core i7 6700 / 16 GB RAM DDR4 / Kingston SUV400S37/480G -> /// <- Gigabyte Ga h97m-d3h / Core i7 4790k / 16 GB RAM DDR3 / Kingston SUV400S37/240G ->

<- ASUS h61m-a / Core i7 3730k / 8 GB RAM DDR3 / Kingston SUV400S37/240G ->

;)

• Like 2

but the irony is that even Hackintoshes in theory are against the law anyways, so you do it at your own risk regardless.

I don't know, maybe in your Country, but not in Europe.  

Why worry about getting banned from a site that tells you how to behave, (i.e. what you can chat about ) and at times  use your work re name it and call it there own work

I have never had the need to use the tiny sack web site.   I have not had anything from it. but then in turn it has had nothing from me.

I just think you have to kiss to much ass to stay on there web site

which is not my style. were as I have donated and sheared stuff here, and everybody as that chose

I don't know why the is four wasted pages on this site talking about a site the  dosent want you

get over it grow up move on. {censored} happens  

• Like 1

I don't know, maybe in your Country, but not in Europe.  

Well in any country. By installing OS X on a PC you violate the EULA of running the OS "Install on Apple Branded computers" is the quote from the EULA, so unless I put an Apple sticker or something on it it is technically illegal.

I got ban because in gaming thread I said to other guy ''test the same games/benchmarks and will see that fps/score under Windows is much better, than any Mac OS. Try benchmarks like cinebench or valley, try game who have native Mac OS version, then try the same game under Windows''. The guy insist that gaming under Mac OS is better and this is ridiculously. 

• Like 1

Well in any country. By installing OS X on a PC you violate the EULA of running the OS "Install on Apple Branded computers" is the quote from the EULA, so unless I put an Apple sticker or something on it it is technically illegal.

Yeah, what I said. Apple is not a governament so this remains from you and them:

EULA != law

PS in EU those  agreements are mostly not valid, you should know about them before buy something. E.g I bought Mac OS Lion, later Mavericks (that still receives updates to the latest OSes) but the agreements comes at installation time...

• Like 1

Yeah, what I said. Apple is not a governament so this remains from you and them:

EULA != law

PS in EU those  agreements are mostly not valid, you should know about them before buy something. E.g I bought Mac OS Lion, later Mavericks (that still receives updates to the latest OSes) but the agreements comes at installation time...

Yes, not with buying it but installing it you invalidate the EULA. Apple isn't a government but it doesn't have to be to make T&S that you have to agree to in order to install. By pressing agree you violate the T&S of installing the OS, which means that Apple can send you to court if they like, e.g. what they did with Psystar.

Many people seem to think you can put anything in an agreement and that then agreeing to it makes it final and legally binding.

Psystar sold non-Apple computers with Mac OS X installed on it in the US. Apparently, Apple can put this in an agreement and legally force users to only use it only on their Macs.

However, I'm sure you'll agree US law does not apply in Europe or Australia for that matter. Something is not illegal, just because a company says so it in its user or other agreements.

For example: Apple used to have an sales agreement that stated that buyers had the right to a 1 year guarantee on hardware. They kept it like that in the Netherlands, even when the Dutch law said, that guarantees on such hardware should be 'as expected for such goods', meaning at least a few years. Apple didn't like this, and kept denying guarantees to customers after 1 year. For example: In 2001, I bought the € / $ 4.500 1st generation Titanium Powerbook that broke after 14 months and Apple refused to repair it. I had to pay the € / $ 1450 repair myself, even though the whole series of this model had the same problem (I learned much later). I could have gone to court about it and would have a good case but it would have taken years and would've been very expensive. Apple knew this and took advantage of it.

Then, years later, the European Union (which the Netherlands is a member of) agreed upon a EU-wide consumer law that stated that computer (etc) hardware should have at least a two year guarantee.

You'd think that Apple would change the agreement to '2 years'. Instead they changed it to '1 year, unless local law states otherwise'.

This is quite ironic since this was put in the EULA, more specifically in the Dutch version of the EULA that was only used in the Netherlands. Still, they wrote it down in such a way, hoping to make people think it was shorter and less buyers would claim guarantees.

EU and even member states, like the Netherlands' laws can a points be very different from others. It is uncertain to say the least if this particular claim of Apple (not permitting OS X installation on non-Apple hardware) will stand in a Dutch (or other) court of law. I think Apple is very aware of this, since they never 'bothered' to test this AFAIK, although they are extremely fanatic against any of such practices in the US.

From a legal point of view, it would make much more sense to just sell a license to use it, like is common for software. I would not be surprised if the Dutch court would rule there is not enough ground for Apple to limit the usage of OS X in such a way. Frankly I don't understand why this isn't the case in the US either, since they are always such strong believers in freedom and against a strong government and its laws.

Circumvention laws on copyright of intellectual property are globally recognized and respected.

Laws and prevention are already broken before you even get to see an EULA presented.

Apples protected binaries are there to protect their property and keep MacOS secure to Apple Hardware.

*The purpose of this Apple software is to protect Apple copyrighted materials from unauthorized copying and use. You may not copy, modify, reverse engineer, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, transfer or redistribute this file, in whole or in part.  If you have obtained a copy of this Apple software and do not have a valid license from Apple to use it, please immediately destroy or delete it from your computer.

• Like 1

Using OS X on anything but apple products breaks the terms of the licence you agree to by installing.

By using this "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal©AppleComputerInc" string you are breaking copyright laws too.

Don't spread false information that its not illegal because you don't understand the law.