[Success] Asus X-99A II + i7-6800k + GTX980ti

ptzulu

41 posts in this topic

Thanks for the kiss  :wub:  :wink_anim:

What kext you use for USB3?

X99_Injector USB 3.kext

But what I meant was an external USB3 hub (imbued in my dell monitor). As in, an USB3 hub, connected to my machine through as USB3 port.

The USB3 ports are working great :) only port not working is usb 3.1 (with ASMedia).

ASmedia works well in usb3
I installed an X99 with USB3,1
The usb3.1 are well declared with the name USB3,1 but works as a USB3 therefore 5GB / S and not 10GB / S

Here on my X99-A all my AsMedia usb works

I also have a Hub on my screen AOC Q3277

post-1181448-0-90065400-1479904322_thumb.png

Well, Asmedia seems to be working as you stated, but, a new thing is happening that is the computer reboots itself when accessing a USB3 disk.

where do the logs go?

I think your patches (kernelToPatch) in the config.plist are no longer relevant

In my config.plist you will find the patches

patchs.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I think your patches (kernelToPatch) in the config.plist are no longer relevant

In my config.plist you will find the patches

Actually with you configs keeps kernel panic.

On another note:

When using to monitors via DVI, everything works from boot.

When using anything other than DVI (hdmi, display port) it reboots when loading Mac.

any insight?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

after years I would like to set up a new Hackintosh (last one in 2008/2009). I run similar hardware (intel 6800k, GTX 970, GA-X99-UD4).

I have tried various guides for my mainboard (most guides with this mainboard use 5820k or similar ...) so far without success.

With fakeCPUID 0x0306e4 i reach this point (see attached image) but then the computer restarts automatically every time.

post-336207-0-68017800-1483198810_thumb.jpg

Also I attached my current EFI-Files. My knowledge about hackintosh (especially kernel-patching, DSDT-handling, etc.) isn´t that good, so I don´t know really what to do.

I hope you smart people can help me again ... after 7 years :D

SaveSave

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask, but I have the same motherboard but with a 6900k. How did you figure out the CPU hex that you used to identify the CPU to the system? I'm talking about the "0x0a02" on the CPU section of your config.plist.

And of course, congrats on getting this to work on Sierra!

Didn't... I "borrowed" it from a 5820/30 config I saw.

But there are some 6900k configs out there, only have to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank the OP. I used this to upgrade my Asus Deluxe (version 1) 5960X from El Cap to Sierra 10.12.3. Only difference was I kept my OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of your version. Most painless upgrade ever. Thanks again for all who have contributed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank the OP. I used this to upgrade my Asus Deluxe (version 1) 5960X from El Cap to Sierra 10.12.3. Only difference was I kept my OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of your version. Most painless upgrade ever. Thanks again for all who have contributed.

That's what we need!!

To be honest, I can update without much pain, just the ocasional agp fix, since I use the macpro identifier. But at home, with a different build, is like an iMac: click update (since lion), reboot, all good. Keep working!

F&)@ng! horsework ahah!

Fewer problems than the Windows OS in the same PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk