41 posts in this topic

Hi there!

So, a quick build list:

Asus X-99 A II
i7-6800k
GTX980ti
32gb RAM
512gb Crucial SSDCorsair RM750x PSUCorsair H110i Cooling for CPU
Corsair Carbide 400Q (it was going to be a Fractal, but the cooler didn't fit)

This is the build right now!

I've already made 5 hackintosh: 2 for personal use, and 3 for work, all based on i5 / i7 Haswell.
All worked (kinda) straight out of the box, with minor hickups (audio mostly), and from time to time, one refuses to boot, but a quick checkdisk does the job.
Now, the problem is, this build right now, which is going to be mainly work, refuses to pass the first 3-5 lines of coding, which hangs at ++++++++ (plus signs).
I believe that is related to CPUID, since, maybe, this one is not supported out of the box, but, can't find any info on this.

I've tried multiple things, and install methods (uefi vs legacy, kext replacement as per various guides and posts, and nothing seems to work), but, i'll try everything again if posted.

The only thing that seems to take me further, is chaging cpuid, but hangs with something that i cannot see (the pause button doesn't seem to work).

EDIT:

Hi y'all!

So, two major Thanks: user Giacomoleopardo and rampagedev (i don't know what the rules of cross credits)

So, first, the build:

Corsair Carbide Series® 400Q Compact Mid-Tower Case (it started with a Fractal r4, then r5, because there was no define S, and then we found 400q "lost" in the warehouse)
ASUS X99-A II(it was supposed to be a x99-A, not II, but the store though it was the same, and called asking if a "revision 2.x" was a problem or not... It was, but i didn't find out sooner ahah)

Intel i7-6800K 3.4Ghz 15M Cache

Gskill NS DDR4-2133MHz 2x8GB x2 (32GB total with 4 rams) (in the near future is probable that is going to be replaced to 3000+ MHz)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming Windforce

Corsair RM750x

Corsair Hydro Series H110i

SSD Crucial MX500 525Gb

SSD Crucial MX100 256Gb

So, first of all, i think it was sheer luck ( I'll attach the entire EFI both for install, and on the current working disk, because i think it wasn't supposed to work )

Working
USB 2.0 and 3.0
Audio (rear, front, and gpu hdmi)
2 Monitor setup (DVI+DVI - DVI+HDMI/DP gives reboot, but work if plugged after Mac boots up)
1Gb Network
Bluetooth (5 bucks chinese adapter, and so far, magic mouse didn't complain)

Speedstep (without boost, it only reaches 3.5ghz)

Not Working
USB 3.1
Sleep (i don't know if it's common, but in my home hackintosh it work rather fine, but, maybe, sheer luck)

If someone have suggestion to improve CPU management or anything, or even a question (that i can answer) please, proceed!

Also, found a bug: it rarely happens, but, after boot, and in the desktop, the computer suddenly reboots.

config.plist.zip

drivers64UEFI.zip

kexts.zip

post-1341857-0-37540100-1477558848_thumb.png

post-1341857-0-68605700-1477560971_thumb.png

post-1341857-0-78618200-1477560977_thumb.png

post-1341857-0-75379400-1477561489_thumb.png

Edited by ptzulu
  • Like 1

With that i can pass the first error, only to be stuck at another:

Config.plist attached, and only diference is the use of 0x0306e4 in cpuid (wich i didn't put on config.plist)

Current Kext in 10.12 folder:

FakeSMC

GenericUSBXHCI

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooTSCSync

I have try with the boot args on the plist, as well as only the following:

-v

-v npci=0x2000

-v -x npci=0x2000

-v PCIRootUID=0 (and 1 too)

I don't remember anything else... But, i await for your godly responses!

post-1341857-0-55359200-1476798532_thumb.jpg

config.plist.txt

• Like 1

Hi,

you have to use driver64UEFI fix for allocation because x99 systems has problem with allocation... I uploaded for you my backup with all of these drivers folders... The driver you need is Test2.efi which is driver to resolve this allocation issue by one of insanelymac users... 

I did not reat what is above, but the boot args are also right and usefull...

Hi there!

So, everything is working as per your instructions:

CPU is recognised as 6-Core Xeon E5, everything is working,

Double Monitor GPU works (only with two DVI; if DVI+hdmi or display port results in constant boot reboot)

Intensive Work (renders was the most intensive thing I tested, with a AE render of 7hours, and it works :) )

Anything else to add...

I hope this is all what I need to secessfully install sierra over my elcapitan 10.11.6 on asus x99-a?

I just need to replace this files you provide on my sierra bootable _USB with clover?

Is the CPU and GPU the same?

Also, X99-A or X99-A II (unfortunately they are different)

For X99-A this guy as specific Kext and config.plist, also, with little search you can find working builds for X99-A.

Is the CPU and GPU the same?

Also, X99-A or X99-A II (unfortunately they are different)

For X99-A this guy as specific Kext and config.plist, also, with little search you can find working builds for X99-A.

I added files from the first post and sucessfully instal sierra ... YEAH ...thanks.

after that, i add the same files on my hard drive but it stuck at the begining on "something allocationg" error...

why is that do i need to change anything....sucessfully boot with same files from usb and can't boot from hdd...

thanks...

asus x99-a

nvidia 780gtx

intel i7 5960k

So, bobenia, you're saying you can boot to the Sierra desktop, if you boot from USB. But can't, if you boot from Mac HDD, right? Is the clover version the same, and, .efi drivers? Also, my config has the wrong (I think) cpuID for your CPU. Try 306E4, and maybe iMac 14,1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, bobenia, you're saying you can boot to the Sierra desktop, if you boot from USB. But can't, if you boot from Mac HDD, right? Is the clover version the same, and, .efi drivers? Also, my config has the wrong (I think) cpuID for your CPU. Try 306E4, and maybe iMac 14,1.

exactly that - with same files in efi clover...

i got this error

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqd01hij2ahplxn/IMG_20161027_144322.jpg?dl=0

where do i need to change cpuid?

here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nec0k06eq1oh3b/01.jpg?dl=0

thanks for help

That's the spot. Put in the value 0x0306E4 (for test purpose).

If I'm not mistaken that error is related to the OsxAptioFixDrv. There is one called OsxAptioFixDrv and one OsxAptioFix2Drv. Test with one, and then the other (never the two together).

OK I'll trys that now...

next question.

I add nvidia web driver after I boot from USB.

after that I remove nv_disable=1 string and add nvda_drv=1 string

and I have black screen on log-on screen while boot from USB... like my monitor is turned off...

how to avoid this error?

EDIT:

where I can find OsxAptioFix2Drv ?

still no lluck if I change cpuid to 0x0306E4

I can't find OsxAptioFix2Drv

also i found this thread I can't find the way to download files from this thread...there is some efi files to download....

link: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-solving-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

please help

OK. Please help me to solve the first problem.

I can boot with usb to my sierra but only with nv_disable=1

I add nvidia web driver for my 780GTX but when I remove nv_disable=1 and add nvd_drv=1

my monitor is turned off on logon screen so I can't log in inside...

how to solve this...

NVIDIA 780GTX / I use files from the first post

EDIT:

I SOLVED my problem with nvidia driver by changing SMBIOS from 6.1 to 14.1

so I have nvda_drv=1 with web driver installed.

and now, I only need help with booting from my HDD...

I need OsxAptioFix2Drv If anyone can help me how to find it so I can try with that...

thanks

Ok, let go one thing at a time:

https://mega.nz/#!A19wiL6R!xrh-VWpj89m3DoqQpWZDoA5VTWryxdi6B9ckDWwrx1E

Here's the two efi. Test with both, one at a time.

That being said, nvda_drv=1 does not work in Sierra, you have to use System Paramers -> [check] NvidiaWeb (use clover configurator as in the image attached)

post-1341857-0-51370500-1477662235_thumb.png

One thing is missing (my bad), and maybe it's needed, and it's the patch attached. That patches a system kext, so, in some system updates it may need to be used again.

Here's the reference and credit: PikeRAlpha - if you google AGDPfix in google, one site, that is not this one, has a detailed description and workaround.

There's the option to use Clover "on the fly" binary patch for the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. Didn't test, so, I don't know.

Also, if more than one GPU, it doesn't seem to work, but, thats not my case or apparently yours.

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                Ym9hcmQtaXg=
                </data>
            </dict>

So, if you can boot with nv_disable=1, what you need to do is, boot that way, install nVidia Web Drivers (latest ones), enable Nvidia web drivers, DON'T RESTART YET, apply the AGDPfix.app, and then reboot.

This time, boot without nv_disable=1, but with the parameter that is in the screenshot. Also, test with only one monitor first (it gives me reboots if I use anything other then DVI+DVI.).

Good luck! May the hack be with you :D

AGDPfix.zip

I just erase partition on my HDD drives and I did a clean install, and not upgrade.

and everything works super fine with the clover files and kext from the first post.

I can boot from HDD also...

just to confirm that everything works for this configuration Asus x99-a / intel i7 5960k / Nvidia 780 GTX

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Today morning I updated to 10.12.1 (by mistake... still was thinking this was my "old" 2015 iMac) and screwed the boot again.

I had to update Nvidia Web Drivers, and apply the AGDPfix again (because I'm lazy to make a dsdt patch).

Still, I have the entire EFI folder backed up and a USB pen with the Sierra Install, just in case I need to make any adjustment.

Happy to se everything is working! Post some benchmarks :D

Today morning I updated to 10.12.1 (by mistake... still was thinking this was my "old" 2015 iMac) and screwed the boot again.

I had to update Nvidia Web Drivers, and apply the AGDPfix again (because I'm lazy to make a dsdt patch).

Still, I have the entire EFI folder backed up and a USB pen with the Sierra Install, just in case I need to make any adjustment.

Happy to se everything is working! Post some benchmarks :D

good to know about 10.12.1 update

I'm not using AGDPix patch - I'm on 14.1 SMBIOS 

is it better to use 6.1 with this AGDPix patch?

also I'm not using any DSDT patch - I don't know how to do that yet.

thanks for help.

EDIT:

her his my benchmark with 14.1 smbios

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6AS3GlgY7ZFNUFPalU2YWs5QzQ/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...