DSDT+SSDT questions that baffle me

Denicio

3 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone

I have extracted my DSDT and SSDTs from Clover with F4, then edited these files in order to apply the following renaming patches:

- HECI -> IMEI
- HDAS -> HDEF

I’ve put the patched files on ACPI/patched, everything works as expected.

Still a few questions remain:

1) The section DSDT patches on Clover apply patches on both DSDT + SSDTs or just DSDT?

2) If I add a new item on DSDT patches on Clover will it apply them on my already patched DSDT + SSDTs on ACPI/patched *OR* use the untouched DSDT + SSDTs from UEFI?

3) The SSDT made with Piker Alpha’s ssdtPRGen.sh has a table named CpuPm. This table is nowhere to be found on my DSDT + SSDTs (so I could merge it in), what am I missing here?

4) Which part of the DSDT or SSDTs take part in the restart of the system? By pressing Restart on macOS the system does not restart properly, it sits idle in a monitor-off state.

5) My BCM94352HMB’s identifier is 0x43b114e4. I tried to input this ID on Clover’s Fake ID -> Wifi, it doesn’t seem to recognise the device at all. Again, am I missing something here?

Please find attached all the relevant files for reference.

If anyone will be willing to answer *ANY* of these questions, I would be grateful.

EFI v2.zip

• 5 months later...

The best is DSDT + SSDT SaSsdt + SSDT pike  and drop tables 

if u have problem use SataTabl too

EFI v2.zip

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF

• 1 month later...

1) The section DSDT patches on Clover apply patches on both DSDT + SSDTs or just DSDT?

2) If I add a new item on DSDT patches on Clover will it apply them on my already patched DSDT + SSDTs on ACPI/patched *OR* use the untouched DSDT + SSDTs from UEFI?

3) The SSDT made with Piker Alpha’s ssdtPRGen.sh has a table named CpuPm. This table is nowhere to be found on my DSDT + SSDTs (so I could merge it in), what am I missing here?

OK, so you seem a bit confused about the nature of ACPI tables.  The DSDT is an ACPI table that is generated from pre-made templates in the BIOS, and changing BIOS settings can change the contents of this table.  SSDTs are tables that contain some extra stuff not in the template, and are simply concatenated to the end of the DSDT during boot.  So you can pretend that each SSDT is literally just going to be copied and pasted to the end of the DSDT.  The first one first, then the second one will be pasted after the first one, so on and so fourth.  It's as simple as that.  

So there is just one table.  Clover applies patches to it.  DSDT and SSDTs are just pieces of that single table.  Even if you applied the patch just to DSDT, it would effect everything, because it is a single table.  Clover will check to see if the SSDTs need patching and will patch it, but usually there is nothing relevant contained in the SSDTs to any of the patches clover can dynamically apply.  

Now, as for which table is used, there is always one table.  Clover does not care about the origin of the table.  It does everything exactly the same regardless of where it came from.  If you provided one you patched manually, it will use that one.  If you didn't, it will use the one from the BIOS.  The one it uses is the one it patches and does everything to.  

Finally, you can have as many SSDT tables as you want.  They don't have to replace the built-in ones (and often, you don't want them to).  For example, I have 9 different SSDTs, all of them custom, but my system only has 2 on its own.  And even that is just personal preference, there is no reason I couldn't copy and paste them all into one SSDT and use it that way.  I like to keep it more organized, though.  

So I am confused by your third question.  You say there is no CpuPm table anywhere.  And?  If there was a table already, you'd have to drop that SSDT or there would be a conflict.  I would hope that the same table doesn't appear anywhere since you're adding it youtself, or you'd have a ACPI namespace conflict and probably wouldn't even be able to boot.  I also don't understand what you mean about 'merging in'.  ssdtprgen generates an SSDT.aml file.  You put it in your /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.  I don't see what the issue is.  

I also don't understand why you are trying to have clover inject an ID that your wifi card already has.  This will do nothing, or worse, break things.  If it has that ID, then macOS will read it's ID as such.  Injecting it via clover will, at best, make exactly the same thing happen.  You're replacing a street sign with the exact same street sign.