Unexpected install outcome - cannot proceed

yaximik

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I run into unanticipated problem in attempt to install El Capitan on Dell Optiplex 760.

I have no access to Macintosh, so I prepared El Pwn installation USB stick using Transmac. It works fine.

I inserted 250GB drive initially erased and NTFS formatted

In BIOS setup I specified "RAID autodetect/AHCI", Virtualization "ON"

Installer loads fine from the El Pwn USB stick, does some work, and I even got to language selection, so I proceed with English

But after start I get

"OS X cannot be installed on your computer

OS X El Capitan is already installed on this Mac

Quit the Installer to restart your computer and try again"

OK, the 250GB is NTFS, so I launched Disk Utility, and Erased the 250GB, formatting as El Capitan, OS X Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map

Exited Disk Utility, then Installer, and tried again.

Now after choosing booting from USB the system reported wrong configuration (?)

Launched BIOS Setup - SATA Operation became "RAID On" instead of specified "RAID autodetect/AHCI", Virtualization is "OFF" (?!)

Reset again to "RAID autodetect/AHCI", Virtualization "ON"

Tried again to boot from USB - the same result, although Disk Utility reports that 250GB El Capitan is formatted correctly for instillation.

Please help!

Thanks a lot, Herve. If understood correctly, to follow the advice I need to use Mac, which I do not have. If I am mistaken, then I would appreciate a little more guidance from you or someone more experienced than me.

I used Transmac to make USB installer. Using Transmac, I do see folder El Pwn Version/S/L/E/AppleRTC.kext  El Pwn installer on the USB stick. I downloaded and unzipped the patch as is to folder named Patched_AppleRTC_v2.0.kext. 

My questions:

Should I change the folder name to AppleRTC.kext (and everything within the folder referring to AppleRTC accordingly) before replacing the original folder in El Pwn Version/S/L/E  on USB?

I am not sure how to repair permissions in Windows. After unzipping, the folder Patched_AppleRTC_v2.0.kext and everything within have all permissions set for every user listed.

I apologize for dumb questions.

El Pwn Version is El Capitan installation .dmg that can be used to create El Capitan 10.11 USB Drive Installer on PC (With Windows, No Mac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjTLYJXM8u4  - links are in text under video

It says it was created using MacPwn tool.

I cannot find Clover EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.11 folder on this installation USB. All I see is  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other with bunch of folders inside. Should I just add folder Patched_AppleRTC_v2.0.kext to .../kexts or to .../Other?

May be I just need to find normal El Capitan .dmg, not that was created with MacPwn tool?