Need Help with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement / Power management In general

makk

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have NullCPU at the moment.  I pulled it and KP.  

How to patch the App

These are loading:

AppleLPC

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
AppleACPIPlatform
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

kextstat|grep -y applelpc

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y acpi_smc

I have DSDT, SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml all loading on boot.

​My fan ramps up and down as normal.  The power does work.  

I used Appleintleinfo, DPImanager, SystemInfo, Intel Power Gadget and the CPU does change in speed, temperature is changing.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Simply do a Search on "power management for Sandy" on this forum or Google for "AICPUPM patch". You'll find what you need with a little script to download.

You have a Sandy Bridge platform so, in order to get full native CPU power management, you need:

1) to patch AICPUPM (whether you actually patch the kext or activate Clover option "Asus AICPUPM")

2) generate your CPU-specific SSDT using Pike R Alpha's well-know SSDT generator (Google for it)

Your signature mentions Enoch, in which case you need to replace the vanilla AICPUPM by its patched version. If you cannot patch it yourself using the above instructions, you can download pre-patched El Capitan versions from here.

Herve'

Thank you kindly.  I was able to switch to Clover and upgraded to Sierra.

But, I still need patched kernel for Sierra and I used Clover for the AICPUPM -- Asus 

it has been quite a learning curve yes.

but all worth it.

I used years ago used HP-UX and Solaris but I forgot just about all the commands.  have to relearn .

THank you very much!

Mak

You do not need to patch the kernel on pre-Haswell systems such as yours. Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge just require the AICPUPM patch (called AsusAICPUPM patch in CLOVER). That's all.

thanks,

when I installed your patches from post on OS X latitude, my system actually powered off.

But now it doesn't.

I used the AppleRTC kext

and the script to patch the AICPM kext.

Then replaced the kernel.

I was able to start the system by unchecking AppleRTC, AsusAI, and all the ones in that particular section in config.plist.

However no power off.  

So back to the drawing board.

Thank you again 

Mak

• Like 1

I have no idea why you would replace the kernel.

it's worth a try.

I'm looking for complete 'shutdown' turning off the power.  So far only once after I installed your files.

I did do all the steps some time ago after my first post.  the system is on it's own power management as far as it's little economic system. 

What can I do to shut off power now?  That's my issue.

I've used pmset -g assertions to see what may cause a hang. and other pmset options.

depending on the system the options.

I tried several options.  I got panic mode and restart.

now according to the instructions for this Sandybridge, after ssdtPRGen, after AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext script in Clover, to set the option in Kernel and Kext Patches, use Kernel Pm. 

I do not know why after using your files, my system actually powered off other than what you did worked for my system.

I have not been able to duplicate the power off.

When I use 

Fn+F1 it goes to sleep but cannot wake up.   

When using Enoch, using the combination of the above, the system turns dark but wakes up when using the same keystrokes.

Thank you Herve' for your files and your time.  Very appreciated.