Possible problem with current OS installation

DeltaUnit38

4 posts in this topic

Hello

So basically I am planning to install MacOS Sierra sooner or later, but I have a feeling that my current installation (Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 16.04) are going to cause trouble, because of Ubuntu's GRUB loader. Both operating systems are installed in UEFI mode, and that's why I am also going to use the Clover loader for my installation. What I just simply wonder is that if GRUB is going to interfere or not.

Can I actually make a triple-boot with the current installation or do I have to get rid of Ubuntu and then reinstall it after I've got Clover?

Are they all on the same drive or separate?

I have windows 10, macOS Sierra and Ubuntu 16.04.1 installed on separate ssd's (well 2 ssd's and an intel m.2) and all boot perfectly with clover from my osx drive.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I boot to clover uefi, select os and it boots. When I select Ubuntu from clover it boots to grub then the os.

Are they all on the same drive or separate?

I have windows 10, macOS Sierra and Ubuntu 16.04.1 installed on separate ssd's (well 2 ssd's and an intel m.2) and all boot perfectly with clover from my osx drive.

I boot to clover uefi, select os and it boots. When I select Ubuntu from clover it boots to grub then the os.

Nah, the current dual-boot installation is on one single SSD. But if you say is true that when you have Clover and you select Ubuntu at boot-up, then it should not be a problem at all I think. I take it that you had Windows 10 and Ubuntu installed already as well?