Nvidia GeForce Gt 610 with MacOs Sierra Black screen

viruskn

69 posts in this topic

some moderators think that they are smarter than the other person simply because the description say user.

My badge means nothing in terms of knowledge, that is to say that just because it is written "Moderator" that does not mean that I am better or worse than any other person here. I respect any one here, but if someone disrespect me he has to be prepared to deal with that and its consequences. 
I admire your effort in helping other people even though we don't agree on some points, both can be right or wrong.
but to let you know I've made some progress here and I can already get to the login screen,
but after entering the password of the user the system freezes. I don't have time to keep struggling with this GeForce EVGA GT610,
so I'm going to stay in 10.11.6 for a while.
  • Like 1

Oscar Schmidt "hand  holy" Oscar became the biggest basket of a game of the Olympic Games by scoring 55 points against Spain in Seoul.

Not by chance, in the same issue, the ward achieved the impressive average of 42.3 points per game. Ten feats that hardly anyone will be able to overcome anytime soon.

This movie is a garbage, you do not have believe it, except for the beaches 

beautiful rio de janeiro has. 
Rio de janeiro is a city violent, yes, but much less than some cities in other countries such as for example Detroit in the USA.

sorry for the Off Topic Guys.
  • Like 1

Hi mirone.im very interested with your finding. I myself had gt520m on a laptop that stop working in sierra.work fine previously in lion to elcapitan. At first i thought it because of metal things,but since i know gt210 or even gt310m tesla is working,then it probably not the case.based on many info i gathered,few fermi work, eg .gt540m,gt630m,gt730,gt525m,gt615(m) No idea on how thia will help but when i saw this few wiki pages about 500,600,and 700 series, i've conclude that fermi ones which work in sierra is the one with code gf-10x.for example,my gt520m code name is gf-119.as for gt610 i believe the code name is GF119-300- A1. As for gt540m for example the code name is gf108.

Here some wiki..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_500_series

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_series

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_series

Im no good with kext binary,cant understand that code language,but perhaps people with knowledge will.

• Like 1

Hi mirone.im very interested with your finding. I myself had gt520m on a laptop that stop working in sierra.work fine previously in lion to elcapitan. At first i thought it because of metal things,but since i know gt210 or even gt310m tesla is working,then it probably not the case.based on many info i gathered,few fermi work, eg .gt540m,gt630m,gt730,gt525m,gt615(m) No idea on how thia will help but when i saw this few wiki pages about 500,600,and 700 series, i've conclude that fermi ones which work in sierra is the one with code gf-10x.for example,my gt520m code name is gf-119.as for gt610 i believe the code name is GF119-300- A1. As for gt540m for example the code name is gf108.

Here some wiki..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_500_series

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_series

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_series

Im no good with kext binary,cant understand that code language,but perhaps people with knowledge will.

You can try to remove all the Kexts Intel HD3000, 

or try to disable it in the BIOS. 

But last night I tried to install the El Capitan and guess what? 

yes, it crashed on the same screen of the Sierra , but it already was too late 

of the night then I have done something wrong. I'm going to try something 

today as soon as go to my home.

• Like 1

Try what you suggest with no luck. Still got into login screen,and after password and enter,freeze,still on login screen.my laptop is not optimus one,only nvidia.i also try install elcapitan 10.10.4 last night and gt520m is run good.still usr 10.10.5 as my daily osx.

Try what you suggest with no luck. Still got into login screen,and after password and enter,freeze,still on login screen.my laptop is not optimus one,only nvidia.i also try install elcapitan 10.10.4 last night and gt520m is run good.still usr 10.10.5 as my daily osx.

Try what you suggest with no luck. Still got into login screen,and after password and enter,freeze,still on login screen.

this is the second part of the problem, i'm a looking for this but no fixed.
not having free time for the fight with GT610.

• Like 1

Okay, Nvidia GT210 is already known to work well with Sierra, in some cases only with Nvidia Inject = True.

but that seems to be the case, I hope you get hit with
nVidia GT610.

I can confirm GT210 is working OOB till , as I have one in my sig if you use Asus GT210 wich comes with UEFIGOP (rest I used Gigabyte and Zotac they don't had this ) CSM works OOB too ...

GT730 wich was not working in without Webdrivers is working OOB in Sierra 

GT295 is struggling too :(

• Like 1

I can confirm GT210 is working OOB till , as I have one in my sig if you use Asus GT210 wich comes with UEFIGOP (rest I used Gigabyte and Zotac they don't had this ) CSM works OOB too ...

GT730 wich was not working in without Webdrivers is working OOB in Sierra 

GT295 is struggling too :(

So the GT 730 is working with Sierra or not?

I'm thinking to buy the GT 730 2GB DDR3 to use with Sierra

I'll need Inject, WebDrivers or something?

Thank you!

• Like 1

So the GT 730 is working with Sierra or not?

I'm thinking to buy the GT 730 2GB DDR3 to use with Sierra

I'll need Inject, WebDrivers or something?

Thank you!

I already confirmed it working without any hassle , no web drivers required its works OOB ..  Inject Nvidia = True , Clover do this for me when it founds Nvidia GPU  :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Woohoo!  My quad screen dual EVGA GeForce GT 620's started working again after the 10.2.2 update!!!  Switched to older 8400GS's since going to Sierra but decided to try the GT620's again after the latest update and cards are now fully working with acceleration.

Still no success with the GT610, but I have to admit I haven't tried very hard.  Will do further testing with the GT610...

post-338178-0-85131300-1481862044_thumb.png

• Like 1

Woohoo!  My quad screen dual EVGA GeForce GT 620's started working again after the 10.2.2 update!!!  Switched to older 8400GS's since going to Sierra but decided to try the GT620's again after the latest update and cards are now fully working with acceleration.

Still no success with the GT610, but I have to admit I haven't tried very hard.  Will do further testing with the GT610...

With mine Gigabyte GT610 and MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 recognized with Nvidia web drivers, but system boot only with string nv_disable=1 and without qe/ci acceleration and low resolution 1280x1024

post-770903-0-31554300-1481996154_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I noticed that all you are talking about compatibility of some nvidia graphic cards here, I got a question.

I got a GT 710 that isn't fully working in sierra, has many artifacts and webkit doesn't work very well. I know that is Kepler arch, and tried to Inject Nvidia in clover, but no luck.

The card is fully working with El Capitan.

Do yo guys know if it's another way to have sierra working with this card? I tried a few different smbios (Skylake Imac, latest Mac Pro, Imac 14,1/14,2..)

The computer is the skylake build in my signature.

• 1 month later...