Bootcamp 1.1.2 realeased

Bartboy919

20 posts in this topic

new bootcamp 1.1.2 realeased, updates include

support for the latest Intel Macs, partitioning presets for popular sizes, ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk, support for built-in iSights and microphones, trackpad scrolling, right click support, and improved keyboard support.

I allready tried to install the new bootcamp for a few hours ago but i couldnt start it!

Mac is saying that i should download a new firmware from apple, lol!

Ill see if its gona work with the new 10.4.8 kernel hopefully!

Everytime I try to install the drivers for bootcamp on Vista, it ends up rolling back. Even with this version. Anyone know why and how to solve it? I'm dying to use the trackpad scrolling.

Yea installing the drivers on vista will be a nogo still. I think its the video card drivers that are causing it to freak out. Anyway I'm about to start fidling with manually installing the drivers so I'll get back with you on any progress.

Update: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got the touchpad going manually in vista. Here's what you wanna do. Goto the device manager and under the Human Interface Device section select the USB Human Interface Device with Hardware ID USB\VID_05AC&PID_021A&REV_0013&MI_01. Then upgrade the driver and manually select the driver. You will want to point it at the aapltp driver directory (I'm going to assume you've extracted the driver installation file, instructions are on the forum if you have not). You should should only see one listing for Apple Trackpad. Once thats installed you need to upgrade the actual mouse driver. Goto the mice section in device manager and there should only be 1 device listed (assuming you have no other mice connected). This one you will want to point at the aapltctp driver directory. Once you have installed that you are done.

I now have 2 finger scroll ability and also you can do the 2 finger left click move to get a right click just like in OSX. The only downside to these drivers is apple still hasn't added the tap option to the trackpad to use it as a left click button also.

Thanks, Airman. Trackpad's working great. Now if I could only find a way to get the keyboard (brightness and sound control) working well, I'd be in good shape. I've been tinkering with the drivers, but havent found a satisfactory fix. Any luck?

You know its odd. I can get the brightness keys to work but the sound ones do not. Its not a big deal though as a new version of Input Remapper should be out soon that supports C2 MacBook Pros.

You should just have to hold 2 fingers on the trackpad and press the mouse button to get right click. If its not working then try manually updating the drivers.

No right click isn't the problem. I simply cannot select anything (e.g. an icon) when I tap the trackpad (left click for a mouse). Any idea why?

No right click isn't the problem. I simply cannot select anything (e.g. an icon) when I tap the trackpad (left click for a mouse). Any idea why?

OH! Sorry I misunderstood. At this time it doesn't support tapping the trackpad. Not sure why as we know the trackpad can do it. Hopefully apple will remedy this on the next release as not being aple to use tap to select or click on items is annoying.

OH! Sorry I misunderstood. At this time it doesn't support tapping the trackpad. Not sure why as we know the trackpad can do it. Hopefully apple will remedy this on the next release as not being aple to use tap to select or click on items is annoying.

Oddly enough I noticed that tapping, scrolling and everything else works just fine when using Parallels + Windows. I wish it were possible with bootcamp though.

hey guys im a newb when it comes to installing drivers manually. I was just wondering if you guys could give me a couple of ppointers on how to run the drivers manually(I already extracted) I can't get brightness, scrolling or double click to work. I'm running vist on a macbook btw. Thanks for any help

I got the touchpad going manually in vista. Here's what you wanna do. Goto the device manager and under the Human Interface Device section select the USB Human Interface Device with Hardware ID USB\VID_05AC&PID_021A&REV_0013&MI_01. Then upgrade the driver and manually select the driver. You will want to point it at the aapltp driver directory (I'm going to assume you've extracted the driver installation file, instructions are on the forum if you have not). You should should only see one listing for Apple Trackpad. Once thats installed you need to upgrade the actual mouse driver. Goto the mice section in device manager and there should only be 1 device listed (assuming you have no other mice connected). This one you will want to point at the aapltctp driver directory. Once you have installed that you are done.

I now have 2 finger scroll ability and also you can do the 2 finger left click move to get a right click just like in OSX. The only downside to these drivers is apple still hasn't added the tap option to the trackpad to use it as a left click button also.

Just so others know - it isn't just the PID info above - I have a Macbook Pro 17, and couldn't find USB\VID_05AC&PID_021A&REV_0013&MI_01 - a quick look inside the aapltp.inf file lists this -

; Trackpad Device Filter Install Section

;

; We support the following hardware IDs:

; PID_0217 (MacBook Pro)

; PID_0218

; PID_0219

; PID_021A

; PID_021B

; PID_021C

So if you want scrolling - find the H.I.D. interface with one of those PID's. My MacBook Pro 17 (Duo) had PID_0217.

Now if only I could get my Bluetooth to work properly.....

• 1 month later...