VMware Fusion Thread

177 posts in this topic

According to Infoweek VMWare released a closed beta of their Intel Mac product, dubbed Fusion about 2 weeks ago.

Anybody got lucky to be in the first round of beta testers? Curious about Mac OS guest support and maybe 3D graphics so Vista would run Aero.

--Mick

I was able to install it on my Hack with Pacifist. I can create a new VM, but when I try to start it up, i just get a white screen. See the pic. Could there be some sort of check that vmware has to see if you're using a real Mac?

picture1dk3.th.png

I, too, get a kernel panic as Fusion nears the end of the install.

After restarting, I'm able to launch Fusion and appear to be able to create a new VM. However, the VM creation wizard never reaches the settings screen (pressing "Continue" instead of "Finish"), and instead launches this new VM to a blank white screen.

The toolbar of the new VM window contains a single, left-aligned tool (expand to fullscreen), which I reckon is a symptom of the partial install. Meanwhile, there are no options available from any menu for changing VM settings.

Menno and Urig both your processor support VT-X? That might be the problem it is probably trying to use those instructions.

I eliminated the installation scripts and the postflight and got it to install without problems. But I still get to the same point the virtual machines will not start.