[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Tusskan

162 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is related to the betas of 10.12.1 or if I just corrupted my installation from installing 10.12.0 over 10.12.1 DP1 a couple times.  The problem is that the apps that I have listed in my startup items do not load properly.  If they have an icon in the menubar, it does not appear.  Apps like Xtrafinder do not work.  However, all of the apps that are listed in startup items show up as running in Activity Monitor.  If I quit the app in Activity Monitor and restart it, it loads properly.  I have removed all of the apps in startup items and load them manually after booting but would obviously prefer to fix the problem rather than work around it.  To see if it was my user account that was corrupted, I created a new user account and entered several apps in startup items and the same problem occurred with the new user account.  Any ideas for ways to resolve this short of a clean install?

I'm not sure if this is related to the betas of 10.12.1 or if I just corrupted my installation from installing 10.12.0 over 10.12.1 DP1 a couple times.  The problem is that the apps that I have listed in my startup items do not load properly.  If they have an icon in the menubar, it does not appear.  Apps like Xtrafinder do not work.  However, all of the apps that are listed in startup items show up as running in Activity Monitor.  If I quit the app in Activity Monitor and restart it, it loads properly.  I have removed all of the apps in startup items and load them manually after booting but would obviously prefer to fix the problem rather than work around it.  To see if it was my user account that was corrupted, I created a new user account and entered several apps in startup items and the same problem occurred with the new user account.  Any ideas for ways to resolve this short of a clean install?

So I did a clean install and found that the problem was resolved when I was running 10.12.0 but reappeared as soon as I updated to 10.12.1.  What's up with that?

Might it somehow be related to SIP?

laptop still has issue in beta5

1. capslock(common)

2. touchpad blank(common)

3. hd530, hd520 have glitch of top corner left(only skylake)

i dont use to replace touchpad pref from el capitan.

thanks

Terrible news for the HD 530 Glitch. This is super annoying problem.