[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Tusskan

162 posts in this topic

Slice, I have to replace the kext from the system location (S / L / E)? Or you can put your kext in Clover folder?

Thanks man

Its not in S/L/E folder, it's in S/L/HIDPlugins folder as you can see and you have to replace it. But I just reverted it back before updating to Developer Beta 3 update and my keyboard works now without any modifications. Are yo on 16B2338c??

Pretty cool, the mute key and the volume keys are working again :thumbsup_anim:, also the Fn keys :)

I wonder fn key vol key are working?

Since Sierra DP1, its not working in laptop.

Beta3 solved?

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Its not in S/L/E folder, it's in S/L/HIDPlugins folder as you can see and you have to replace it. But I just reverted it back before updating to Developer Beta 3 update and my keyboard works now without any modifications. Are yo on 16B2338c??

Updated today for the third beta 10.12.1 (16B2338c).

I do not use Sierra also as main system, I already knew of this problem in the beta versions of 10.12.1. I'll wait for the final version of it, it will fix this.

The strange thing is that I tested with with another keyboard, and it works without any problem as with the keyboard you use, is giving this problem, even changing the USB port.

Updated today for the third beta 10.12.1 (16B2338c).

I do not use Sierra also as main system, I already knew of this problem in the beta versions of 10.12.1. I'll wait for the final version of it, it will fix this.

The strange thing is that I tested with with another keyboard, and it works without any problem as with the keyboard you use, is giving this problem, even changing the USB port.

Yes, it depends on keyboard.

• Like 1

It looks like the Fn keys are working with 10.12.1 DP3!  However, while the F3 key increases brightness, the F2 key does nothing.  Also, the F3 key seems to try to change the volume as it increases the brightness.  The volume and mute buttons are working again.  I guess I just need to figure out the input for the F2 and F3 keys and I'm back to normal like it was with El Cap.

Brightness control really seems to depend on the computer. On the Dell Latitude E6xxx laptops for instance, whilst the dedicated brightness keys work ok, it's Fn-Insert and Fn-F3 that appear to fully control brightness at OS level (i.e. control adjustment appears on screen).

Since Sierra came out, the Fn keys and Volume/Mute controls have not worked at all on my laptop.  I use RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext for the Synaptics Clickpad along with a DSDT patch that he made for another member here and it worked perfectly in prior versions of OS X.  The functionality that was lost in Sierra appears to have been restored in DP3 but some changes will be required in the DSDT patch I use.  If I am able to figure out the input changes, I will post what I find out since there are several HP Envy laptop owners among our members.  In all, DP3 seems to have improved much of the functionality of 10.12.1 that was lost in earlier versions.

It looks like the Fn keys are working with 10.12.1 DP3! However, while the F3 key increases brightness, the F2 key does nothing. Also, the F3 key seems to try to change the volume as it increases the brightness. The volume and mute buttons are working again. I guess I just need to figure out the input for the F2 and F3 keys and I'm back to normal like it was with El Cap.

How about Capslock key?

Is it good like el capitan in Beta3?

I have an issue since el capitan with my Cooler Master Keyboard (Mechanical) whenever i check fro updates from appstore the keyboard disconnects and i have to unplug it and plug it back to the same port. This is a USB keyboard. I didn't give big deal cause i rarely check for updates, also i disable automatic checking from system pref.

Note: Happens with any USB keyboard i use. at First i thought my mech keyboard is bad and it need to be returned not until i checked with ones.

anotherNote: this is also happens with and without USBinjectAll.kext, When i disable USB3.0 and connect it to USB 2.0 port the same behavior happens.

How about Capslock key?

Is it good like el capitan in Beta3?

The Caps Lock key works but not flawlessly.  When I press the Caps Lock key, I get caps and the Caps Lock LED goes on.  When I press it again, the LED goes off but it stays on Caps Lock unless I press it a second time.

Does anyone know tell me what the hell this is what makes the mouse pointer become giant?  :rofl:

This happens randomly when I'm moving the mouse.

System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > uncheck "Shake mouse pointer to locate"

• Like 2