Safari freezes the hackintosh with Sierra.

entisocial

1 post in this topic

I'm posting here something I've already posted here to get more visibility.

I don't know why but some things can trigger a complete computer freeze using Safari or third party apps relying on com.apple.WebKit this include:

• Trying to play a video with the Plex web app in Safari

• Receiving a message on Facebook (if audio notification is enabled)

• In Reeder if it tries to load videos with a certain type of audio

Does anyone have this too? And maybe a fix for it? If you're not usually using Safari, can you please try to reproduce that (receiving a facebook message is a quick way to test it)?

Firefox and Chrome can do these things without any issue, so it has to come from Safari and/or the way it loads audio because if I disable the audio notification on Facebook's settings, there's no freezing, but as soon as I reactivate it and receive a new message, winter is coming.

I already tried the following:

• Flushing cache > did nothing

• Disabling WebGL > did nothing

• Reinstalling Sierra > did nothing

• Using the guest session > still freezes

Also [copy pasting], Safari is not just hanging, it makes the whole computer frozen, I can't click on anything, the keyboard is dead, the clock is stuck… therefore I can't sample it with activity monitor. The only thing I can do is force shutdown.

On the console side, it's the same, there's no log, and the tab showing all the processes is wiped on reboot.

I even tried to make the computer freeze with the console on screen hoping that it would report it as it happens so that I could see it even if the computer would freeze, but it doesn't work, the freezing is so immediate that the console can't report it.

I found another guy on reddit with the same issue on this other thread.

Edit: Solved > Disable Intel processor graphics in BIOS > peripherals.

• Like 1