nVidia cards natively supported?!

242 posts in this topic

there must be someone that finished the download with the new 10.4.8 to tell us

about the new kernel/nvidia kexts compatibility

No, because more or less everyone is stuck at the same spot since there are only two seeders and over 2000 people trying to get the files. Said spot is 90.7% atm, I guess it will get done in 12-18 hours.
i cant grab this rls yet cause im on amd
Sure you can, AMD support will be released as patches against this release, not as a whole new one.
but even if i wanted everybody complains about seeders :gun:
Which doesn't matter. Sure they could have spread it to more seeders first but that would have taken just as long time as they only got the upload speed they have, so the only difference is that the torrent would have been put up later but with more seeders instead of early and with few. But noone would be done earlier, quite the opposit since atleast now the ADSL people can't download that much of it and therefor have to share!?!?!! and therefor help distributing it, if there where more seeders and faster downloads I would assume many of them would just leave as soon as they where done and let others share the goods.

Wow, it looks really nice. I have Geforce 6600GT and I want to test every feature of it specially, QE and OpenGL performance, TV tuner. Omni you rocks !!!!

Can you give us a hint when to get the driver. We can't wait to test it.

I see our friend Omni is back on the case of making video cards work; this time though with nvidia. I would like to know more about what he is doing. it is a shame that he is so thin skinned and closed source (is he related to BillGates?) We, the community, might progress further and faster if he would share he work. I have always prefered nvidia over ati. I do have an nvidia card myself and I would love to help out

We, the community, might progress further and faster if he would share he work.

Skilled people make some kind of rivalization witch developing, we see this on 10.4.8 kernel, they work of they own rather than collaborate. I think that is hard to give "the precious" to someone else because omni nvidia driver can become borisbadenov driver. I don't believe that all these hack are for highest good of all, it's like hacking, who is first, is the winer and take all "credits". They make it for they own but it's good for as, non programers. Because of this I don't think that omni make some big change and put it to public, if he know that for now he is far to final solution then probably don't take risk, some one can beat him and take the glory.

anyway these screenshots are like showing food to some starving people and then taken it back

Skilled people make some kind of rivalization witch developing, we see this on 10.4.8 kernel, they work of they own rather than collaborate.
I don't think so, such people like JaS, ruffus help to semthex, now I'm working with mifki on some features. Simply mifki and semthex have different approaches.
Because of this I don't think that omni make some big change and put it to public, if he know that for now he is far to final solution then probably don't take risk, some one can beat him and take the glory.
This is an egoism, than worrying about community (I don't mean omni exactly, just sentence). Such politic killing comunity, e.g. omni closed callisto and doesn't want to share source. Thats all, calisto is dead. Another example, without forcedeth driver, my RealtekR1000 driver was not be possible.

And do you know why you HDA codec still not working? Because Sigmatel9200 is not open for contributors.

Tried the new Jas DVD (semthex kernel), the nVidia HAL loads up correctly, but when I log in I get the display problems already mentioned by omni plus my nVidia 7300GT (that should be one of the "natively supported") says no QE/CI...... that means I still need some additional driver hack!

It would be really nice if omni would come to the rescue...

so its not natively supported,needs some hacking

i really wanted to know that but for sure i didnt thought

that omni managed to get that screenshot with a simple installation

of the osx10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel

i hope that we can except for a beta release asap

at least for 1,2 cards and then all together can help

omni closed callisto and doesn't want to share source. Thats all, calisto is dead.

I don't know that.

Another example, without forcedeth driver, my RealtekR1000 driver was not be possible.

And do you know why you HDA codec still not working? Because Sigmatel9200 is not open for contributors.

I don't say that this approach is good. It's all about hacking, I in some way I understand this, glory is everything what they get, but like I am say I am "starving"... and I want this project to be public as son as possible.

ok im not gonna cry

but i would really like to know what is going on

i just look at the screenshot and wonder...

is this just a hack in "text" and nothing is recognized really

i guess not

is openGL supported?

has the QE and CI changed something now the nvidia supported

or is just supported but not trully

is it a project like the others? (1 year with slow steps)

or we are getting more close to a solution for the nvidias

i had many hopes with the 8.8.1 and then came out also this screenshot

and now i dont know what to blv

EDIT

NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO???

http://omni.starchaser.org/cap2.jpg

its working for me, anyway... Omni is a proven developer he had helped in the past the EFI team effort, NP_ is another of the Great ones, really he likes to contribute to the scene. Lets hope omni driver is working in short time.

For what i saw in his site i can say:

OMG

That is a real driver teh video card is fully recognized and the open gl stuff and QE is working, and omni says its a DRIVER not a hack so it can be wonderfull a driver could be used in MAC PROs so they can use any windowz card, that is gonna quake the market.

I hope only, this time, omni shares his knowledge with the DEV team, he can have the credits as semthex and mifki got, but an open source would be amazing. Thi isnt a "make money project", at least not in the spirit.

anyway good work omni and np keep it up, and make us proud delivering a driver for the macs wich was born in a ihack.

my two cents

Wishful thinking, but I hope this helps the ATI cards along too. Not having QE/CI on my laptop is the only thing keeping me with Windows.

Ok, I lied, Half-Life 2 being Windows-only is definitely keeping me with Windows.

I see our friend Omni is back on the case of making video cards work; this time though with nvidia. I would like to know more about what he is doing. it is a shame that he is so thin skinned and closed source (is he related to BillGates?) We, the community, might progress further and faster if he would share he work. I have always prefered nvidia over ati. I do have an nvidia card myself and I would love to help out

O'oh.. seems like omni saw your post boris and decided to release his findings. hope he's not too pissed off though.. anyway, hope someone could build on this.

http://omni.starchaser.org/titan/