Option to boot windows with clover disapeared

mindtwister

17 posts in this topic

Hi , 

I've had a working dual boot system for a while but now i can't acces windows annymore. (windows 10 and el Capitan)

In the clover boot menu it only shows the option to load OSX , which works fine but the option to load windows is gone, also when i try to acces it at the bootmenu, none of the options is working, which did work before. I have both Systems installed on seperated hard drives and im using clover for it to boot. I dont think the windows drive is corrupted or something becouse i can acces it in osx. Anny ideas on how to check what the problem is or what it could be ? 

Thanks

System : Cpu :  Intel - Core i7 4790

Motherboard : asus b85m-g

16 GB Ram 

Thanks, i tried placing this in the EFI folder. This results in the following :

Your PC needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc0000225

[ A text saying I should use recovery tools on my installation media to fix the issue. ]

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Start-up Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings

If I press F8,  the message changes to:

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi
Error code: 0xc0000225
----------------------------------

@ pippox0 : Should i use the same version when reinstalling the bootloader (clover) ? or can i install a more up to date version or even another recommended bootloader ?  

Okay thank you, i managed to get an bootable usb from another computer with windows 10 and Im trying to do the repair now.  Im getting the Attempting repears screen going on now for 2 hours. How long should it take  ? and how do i know if its not stuck ? 

By the way : is there a way how i can check what the problem caused in the first place so it wont happen again ? Or does some of you know what this cause is or could it be a number of diffrent reasons ?

Nooo, It dosen't take so long ( generally is a task of some minutes 2-5 minutes) to repair booting process of windows.

Try this :

1. remove / unplug HD/SSD with OSX and leave only Windows HD/SSD.

2. boot usb pen and try to repair booting process,

Report if you resolve the issue

When i waited longer i did get to the screen where i can do the startup repair, but after that it seems my harddisk got bad. After it i just got a black screen, and after letting it sit for a couple hours and rebooting it now gives me the S.M.A.R.T Bad, Backup and Replace.  I guess this means i have to buy another disk or get one from the warranty i have ?. Could this problem have anything to do with it having hackintosh being installed on it ? or is it just bad luck ?