[GUIDE] Run macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6320

* * * * * 2 votes osx dell e6320 sierra install guide 10.12 osx86 latitude tutorial

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

HD3000 only models? How did you upgrade? Weird as my E6220 experienced no such issue; then again I run on Enoch. If you're running on Clover, you might have to update to the very latest version...

gatos

gatos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

10.12.5 update has crashed all three of our 6320's. It goes to a black screen after the system loads, so i am assuming graphics drivers.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Exactly same here. Tried with the latest Clover version (currently 4077), with no joy. Any suggestions at all, please...

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Revert to Enoch?

gatos

gatos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Exactly same here. Tried with the latest Clover version (currently 4077), with no joy. Any suggestions at all, please..S

Same here.

WalterWolf

WalterWolf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey there!

I´m kinda new to the hackintosh-stuff but have been reading for months with growing interest. A week ago I got my handy on a e6230 with i7 for very little money.

After some hard time recognizing one ram was faulty, I finally managed to get the machine working stable on win10.

I Just created an USB-Stick using the terminal on my original Mac. Installed the provided Clover as described and copied the EFI´s. BIOS settings as described. After starting install OSX in Clover Apple loading Screen just won´t finish. I´ve just tryed to update Bios to A11 and changed to the newest Clover version.

Nothing Changed.

Any other suggestions for me ? Shall I try Enoch ?

Thanks in Advance :)  Walter

PS: Great community here, regarding to what i´ve been reading though!

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

You're in the wrong thread with your Ivy Bridge 12" E6230. This thread is for Sandy Bridge 13" E6320. Look here and open up your own thread if you still need support.

WalterWolf

WalterWolf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanx insane, I knew i´ve missed something important xD

Greetings, Walter

nysc

nysc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi, i tried copy the efi clover but facing this issue, anyone with the knowledge please help

verbose stuck at

busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): "AppleACPICPU', 'pcl8886,104'

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   116.22KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   95.35KB   3 downloads

powermacsam

powermacsam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi. I just new here . I try to follow your guide to prepare a USB installer for my E6320. However everytime when it boot in USB, it turn in grey screen and nothing show up. Did anyone able to resolve my problem?

Thx

patmck123

patmck123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Attached File  Archive.zip   7.66MB   1 downloadsAttached File  Archive.zip   7.66MB   1 downloadsHi, I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a dell 6320 i5 8 gig men, I used this guide using clover v2.4 4200. used Herve's dsdt and Kmorope's config.plist and fitted a DW1510 for wireless lan, this guide with users feedback and help files has been excellent for a newbie like me ...... I do have 2 issues that I would love help on

1. webcam doesn't work , the light comes on but just a black screen

2. hdmi no sound , picture is great but no sound thru TV

I have attached files hoping that someone can take a peek and hopefully tell me where I've went wrong

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Not all webcam are supported, check your fitted model. Sonix is no go, SunPlus works OOB.

Re: HDMI audio, you need to patch the SNB framebuffer to inject HDMI connector-type. Look herehere or here for details. The patch can be applied directly to the vanilla kext through a binary mod or or-the-fly through Clover. You'll probably want the latter.

patmck123

patmck123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Not all webcam are supported, check your fitted model. Sonix is no go, SunPlus works OOB.

Re: HDMI audio, you need to patch the SNB framebuffer to inject HDMI connector-type. Look herehere or here for details. The patch can be applied directly to the vanilla kext through a binary mod or or-the-fly through Clover. You'll probably want the latter.

many thanks Herve for your reply, unfortunately my cam is a Sonix, just bought 2 other webcams from a dell 6220 and 6430 on Ebay, hopefully one will be Sunplus .... i looked at the links for trying to fix the hdmi audio but found it really complicated for me, i was messing about with Audio Midi Setup and changed format to 8ch 16 - bit integer 96.0 khz and hdmi audio worked through my TV !!!!!! ....wooohoooooo

will let you know how i get on with other webcams soon

Many thanks again

patmck123

patmck123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

many thanks Herve for your reply, unfortunately my cam is a Sonix, just bought 2 other webcams from a dell 6220 and 6430 on Ebay, hopefully one will be Sunplus .... i looked at the links for trying to fix the hdmi audio but found it really complicated for me, i was messing about with Audio Midi Setup and changed format to 8ch 16 - bit integer 96.0 khz and hdmi audio worked through my TV !!!!!! ....wooohoooooo

will let you know how i get on with other webcams soon

Many thanks again

the 6220 cam worked , everything works great ...... brilliant guide guys 

patmck123

patmck123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

just updated to high sierra, all worked well using new clover and configurator , had to to update smibios for firmware update and installed as hfs+ and not apfs

i think the guide should be ok for high sierra too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osx, dell, e6320, sierra, install, guide, 10.12, osx86, latitude, tutorial

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy