[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

I'm getting a kernel panic while install Sierra. I'm using clover to inject intelGFX as id 00000000

Your DVMT Pre-alloc is 32MB, hence it panics. Use Rehabman's hotpatch config, it has the minStolensize patch for Skylake to help you bypass this panic. You may need FakeID Intel = 12345678 to get into OS X without acceleration first

Greetings to all,

I am new to the hackintosh field, but it truly is very tempting (an almost real Macbook for no extra cost).

I have a Thinkpad T460 i7-6600U with intel-HD 520 graphics, 8GB ram, an 128GB SSD and latest bios.

I had no problem building the installer and installing Sierra 10.12.1 and Windows 10 (in a single SSD - dual boot)

Looking in my display properties in Windows 10 it seems i have 128MB DVMT, (i guess it is a i7-6600U specific thing?)

So according to the guides in here and other forums, i should be OK with full hardware acceleration and no glitches.

post-1662853-0-58713200-1479399408_thumb.png

BUT even after finishing setup (install Clover, all custom kexts etc) and booting from HDD, i still need to inject Intel graphics with the bogus ID or i get a kernel panic and reboot.

Since the changes - patches needed to Kext's DSDT's and SSDT's are so complex, can someone guide me on what i should change - undo from the setup in this guide?

Thanks...

@Asxetos -

i posted the zip of my ESP with the intent to make easy for someone to just drop all of that in place. detailed steps in post 1 - but it boils down to:

1. install macOS
  2. install EFI folder in your own ESP on the HD
  3. install kexts on the HD in /L/E

it seems you did all that. and this all worked ok for El Capitan for a few people. Sierra is much better and works for me. 

Note: the Dedicate video memory shown in windows is not a true indication of the pre-allocate memory which seems to be set to 32MB - there a patch to address that however.

@Asxetos -

i posted the zip of my ESP with the intent to make easy for someone to just drop all of that in place. detailed steps in post 1 - but it boils down to:

1. install macOS
  2. install EFI folder in your own ESP on the HD
  3. install kexts on the HD in /L/E

it seems you did all that. and this all worked ok for El Capitan for a few people. However, with Sierra and fully working gfx for others - not sure who has tried. For me on Sierra, I had to roll back the GFX kexts to 10.11.6 versions to get running on Sierra. Note: my GFX situation never fully worked seemingly due to touchscreen complications. 

Note: the Dedicate video memory shown in windows is not a true indication of the pre-allocate memory which seems to be set to 32MB - there a patch to address that however.

Thanks for the answer tluck, i guess i will have to search a little bit more.

Having to actually disable the graphics to boot, Sierra reports 7MB of graphics memory but that must be the standard VGA frame buffer

Is there a more reliable method to check the actual amount of DVMT memory OSX will see with graphics enabled?

Hello,

I'm trying to build a new USB installer for El Capitan 11.10.6 and I always got stucked in "Still waiting for root device", I'm using latest EFI files in tluck's zip, can you help me please?

UPDATE: Solved it Downloading El Capitan again and creating PenDrive again.

Just got my T460s installed with 10.12.1! So excited...

Need to fix a few things - audio, swap CMD and Alt keys. Will post more later.

Thanks for all your help. 

Hey,

what is the spec of your T460s?

Can you make an how to?

Hello,

I finally get the wifi card, and it's now installed inside the T460.

Before to start the installation, I have to :

- increase the EFI partition, because on my 256Go SSD it's only 100Mo (200Mo is required I guess)

- use the technic to increase the DVMT size (EFI shell???)

Am I right?

Thanks

Hello,

I finally get the wifi card, and it's now installed inside the T460.

Before to start the installation, I have to :

- increase the EFI partition, because on my 256Go SSD it's only 100Mo (200Mo is required I guess)

- use the technic to increase the DVMT size (EFI shell???)

Am I right?

Thanks

1. EFI Partition 200MB is appreciated, but you can skip this if you format the macOS partition as HFS+ in Windows using Paragon Hard Disk Suite

2. EFI Shell is not working for T/X/W Thinkpad since they have tight security

• Like 1

Does anybody have an update for the kernel panic of AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer?  I can boot El Capitan with intelgfx injection with QE/CI, but not Sierra.  Sierra installs fine on the VGA driver with fakeID = 0x1234567 and injection, and boots with that setting, but not with the injection and no fake ID.

Does anybody have an update for the kernel panic of AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer?  I can boot El Capitan with intelgfx injection with QE/CI, but not Sierra.  Sierra installs fine on the VGA driver with fakeID = 0x1234567 and injection, and boots with that setting, but not with the injection and no fake ID.

Skylake framebuffer in Sierra now can cause kernel panic if your DVMT is not appopriately configure. You need to FakeID to a bogus one, then use the Skylake minStolenSize patch from Rehabman's repo

Skylake framebuffer in Sierra now can cause kernel panic if your DVMT is not appopriately configure. You need to FakeID to a bogus one, then use the Skylake minStolenSize patch from Rehabman's repo

I am using the config.plist that @tluck posted in the OP -- I think it has the patch already:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake minStolenSize patch (credit RehabMan based on original by Austere.J)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
iUXIOcZ2UQ==
</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
iUXIOcbrUQ==
</data>
</dict>

I am using the config.plist that @tluck posted in the OP -- I think it has the patch already:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake minStolenSize patch (credit RehabMan based on original by Austere.J)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
iUXIOcZ2UQ==
</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
iUXIOcbrUQ==
</data>
</dict>

Manually patch the kext first, if it isn't loaded in the kernel cache it can't be patched

Manually patch the kext first, if it isn't loaded in the kernel cache it can't be patched

I'll give that a try soon.  I've read that Sierra doesn't use a cache and only prelinked kernels -- is there something I'm missing about how to rebuild the cache and/or kernel than just kextcache -u?

yeah. i had troubles too on Sierra. so i went the "easy" route - and just rolled back to El Cap AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer kext - which does not seem to even need patching?

I went even easier and went back to El Cap haha.  I imaged my setup so I can give Sierra a try again.

OK guys:

From reading the T460 thread on the other forum, RehabMan explained (indrectly) why the Sierra/10.12 MinStolenSize patch wasn't working for us.  If you're using SSDT-IGPU-T460.aml in the OP, this will override the ig-platform-id in the Clover config.plist.  This will cause AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext to assert from the incorrect DVMT-prealloc value no matter what you do in the config.plist.  So the correct course of action to get the patch working is to:

1) Do NOT use the aforementioned SSDT (or rename it, whatever you like).

2) Change the ig-platform-id in the config.plist contained in the ESP to an invalid one (I used 0x1), WITHOUT a fake-id.  According to RehabMan, this loads the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext but not start it.  

3) Rebuild the kextcache.

4) Change the config.plist back to the correct ig-platform-id and boot normally (including with SSDT-IGPU-T460.aml).

My graphics appears to be working, albeit with some menu glitches -- I need to check out the thread with the solution for this.  On the downside, my brightness keys now do not work.  Both keys increase brightness.  I need to look into this as well.

• Like 1

@tluck THANKS A BUNCH FOR YOUR FILES!!!!!!!! used your DSDT.aml stored in your zip file just to give it a shot on my x260 coz i got no battery percentage and i just said ...well lets try it! and now my battery works!!!thanks so much!!!! although i use the dw1560 wifi card as you,wifi works fully but bluetooth doesn't....any suggestions?saw you had many files stored...i am just so happy with the battery ^_^ fyi i use only OS X on the laptop so for the last week i had to just find out if it is charged or not...any chance fixing brightness etc ? ^_^ thanks again

@mangyvr - the VoodooPS2 kext in the T420 guide (see my sig) is the same kext. you can get it from there for now. its version 1.18.25a. i will update this zip soon.

The info.plist for the VoodooPS2Controller kext in your T420 package shows 1.8.24g -- I think I need the 1.8.25 update (Dec. 08) for the Sierra brightness key mapping.

I also tried the Skylake glitch fix in Sierra and it works with no issues.  HiDPI resolutions above 720p are not working for me though -- it works when the resolution is set (through Retina Display Manager) but the screen is garbled when the computer wakes up from sleep.  Has anyone encountered something similar?

Very nice guide.

T560 runs with this very well.

Do you have no flickers in the top left edge?

I had to Add just one line in Clover->Devices-> Add Properties

Device IntelGFX

Key AAPL,GfxYTile

Value AQAAAA==

Vale Type String

How did you configure the keyboard layout. Did you have a Gui-Tool for setting the right functions to the proper keys? 

Beside that:

I find a "removed CD/DVD" with your kext and configs. Do you have  a vague idea what could cause this?

post-201975-0-22938900-1481722306_thumb.png

@barrrrt

what do you mean by keyboard layout?

well i just merged in my changes to the latest v1.8.25 voodooPS2controller. i will post a new zip.

@mangyver - did you get the GFX working without KP on Sierra? I may look into replacing my LCD with non-touch LCD ...

@barrrrt

what do you mean by keyboard layout?

well i just merged in my changes to the latest v1.8.25 voodooPS2controller. i will post a new zip.

@mangyver - did you get the GFX working without KP on Sierra? I may look into replacing my LCD with non-touch LCD ...

I compiled and installed your fork of 1.8.25.  Brightness hotkeys are working great, but it doesn't seem like the trackpad right click works (registers as left click).  The trackpoint right click works though.  It was like this also in 1.8.24, although it was working in El Cap.  No issues with scrolling or gestures that I see though.

Yup gfx works with no KP using the minStolenPatch in your config.plist.  I posted about it last page.  However I am not able to get HiDPI 1920x1080 or 1600x900 to work (garbled screen on wakeup).  This does not occur with the non-HiDPI versions of those resolutions, or 720p.  This was also working in El Cap.  The WQHD panel on the T460s is gorgeous but brings its own issues I guess.