[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Thanks mangyvr,

I went crazy yesterday digging around the forums for a solution and finally figured the same thing. ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd520-on-toshiba-satellite-pro-a50-c.205886/#post-1359911 )

Clover could not patch the AppleIntelSKLGraphics because it was not loading. Well, as you said, success!!!

PS. Why rename the aml?

As I understand it from forum browinsg, SSDT-IGPU-T460.aml injects the ig-platform-id, and config.plist cannot override it.  And since AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (or whatever) is not in the kextcache yet, Clover cannot patch it.  It will therefore hit the assertion/KP and the whole thing goes kablooey.  Not having a fakeid and using an invalid platform ID with inject Intel forces that kext to load, but due to the platform ID, it will default to VGA graphics instead of using the kext.

• Like 1

@TLuck:

I created a new DSDT.DSL and AML like you did with the shmilee script. Beside that, i deleted the iGPU changes for your ssdt, cause its not necessary when using clover and kext to patch (you can correct me if im wrong).

All of your SSDT Files where renamed to T560. The SSDT PS2K DSL File will give the device a OEM Name called T560.

VoodooPS2controller.kext was rebuild with the minor changes for the T560 (i mean.. i just called it T560 and gave it the 99% of the settings you gave to T460).

Other stuff is the same like your stuff.

But as mentioned before: Not all Trackpad gestures are working... like swiping in safari...  Is that the same behavior like on your side?

T560-distribute.zip

@Tluck: Do you have also the problem that from time to time the Trackpoint isn't working after a fresh boot? It is just the trackpoint that makes the trouble on my side. All buttons and the trackpad work fine.

Solution to solve the problem: A reboot..... but thats not a real solution :P

i have not seen this TrackPoint thing very often on my T460 - but i do see it on the T420 about 1/3 of the time. instead of reboot, i do sleep/wake.  on the T460 i use sleepwatcher (see Utilities folder) where i unload/load VoodooTrackPad kext ... this brute force method seems to work well. i have not ever been able to figure out why it sometimes doesn't work on startup.

question: audio popping - what are you guys doing about the popping (audio sleep). i am using this thing i found years ago that essentially runs this every 15 seconds. say " ". which is enough to keep audio from every going to sleep. i dont know if there is a setting or something better with codec commander ?

on your T560 - i will merge in the T560 settings into my branch. just minor Info.plist adds for keyboard and trackpad

surprised your alt key is not swapped? my alt key is next to spacebar. so i swap Alt/MS key - so keys on bottom row are left to right are like this:  Fn, Crtl, Alt, Cmd, Spacebar (like a mac)

<      <key>T560</key>
<      <dict>
<       <key>ActionSwipeLeft</key>
<       <string>37 d, 21 d, 21 u, 37 u</string>
<       <key>ActionSwipeRight</key>
<       <string>37 d, 1e d, 1e u, 37 u</string>
<       <key>Custom ADB Map</key>
<       <array>
<        <string>e038=3a</string>
<        <string>e001d=3b</string>
<       </array>
<       <key>SleepPressTime</key>
<       <integer>1500</integer>
<       <key>Swap command and option</key>
<       <false/>
<      </dict>

<      <key>T560</key>
<      <string>ClickPad</string>

and will create a ACPI.T560 folder 

question: why no SSDT-IGPU? are you just injecting it via clover?

In my keyboard layout  (T560) the buttons are like this: FN, CTRL, Windows/CMD, ALT, SPACEBAR,ALT(GR). So i prefer the layout like in my definition. Its not like with a mac keyboard, but i want to have the CMD function on the windows button.

Until now i never had audio issues, but i will check it in the future.

And... i am using the sleep watcher application... but i really don't like the thing, that the trackpoint (really only the trackpoint) isn't working sometimes and sometimes it does...  :/

Regarding the IGPU SSDT.... Yes, it is all done with Clover i guess.... cause it doesn't matter if i use the ssdt or not.

And.... does swiping in Safari work for you?

Ok I just discovered my NVRAM is not working.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is there, but nvram values (i manually enter the myvar=test to check) are not retained. Of course that includes backlight level etc.

Any thoughts?

Might be related to this:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/311/

It doesn't work for me either.  There's a big discussion at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-600

nvram save is working for me. but it is putting the nvram.plist file in /Volumes/ESP now - versus / of OS disk.

See clover pkg installer attached here and you can use to install the RC scripts on target volume

this puts the nvram save script in /etc/rc.shutdown to save nvram in ESP (if present)

you can test it by running it manually

sudo /etc/rc.shutdown/80.save_nvram_plist.local

I just posted a new zip with a some minor changes. 

• Clover 3967
  • add more tools in Utilities folder
  • added separate DSDT folders for T560
  • new FakeSMC and full installation pkg  for HWmonitor app
  • new VoodooPS2Controller with T560 support - thanks to barrrrt - if you use this one - then you need fix the alt/cmd swap.
  • removed the FakePCIID for HD graphics - seems not needed.
  • add GfxYTile to config.plist if you inject - and SSDT-IGPU files to fix glitching.

Clover_v2.3k_r3967.pkg.zip

nvram save is working for me. but it is putting the nvram.plist file in /Volumes/ESP now - versus / of OS disk.

See clover pkg installer attached here and you can use to install the RC scripts on target volume

this puts the nvram save script in /etc/rc.shutdown to save nvram in ESP (if present)

• Clover 3967
  • new VoodooPS2Controller with T560 support - thanks to barrrrt - if you use this one - then you need fix the alt/cmd swap.
  • add GfxYTile to config.plist if you inject - and SSDT-IGPU files to fix glitching.

The NVRAM saving works with this new version of Clover and no issues for me with the new zip.  Thanks @tluck!

• Clover 3967

Thanks, i figured the nvram yesterday, reverted clover to v3911 (via installer) and then replaced the binaries. This way nvram works.

I will check the new zip today.

Great work!

Edited by Asxetos

@TDB - you will not need to a complete reinstall with a zip update. you can just update/install the pieces.

1) ESP files - mount /Volumes/ESP and replace EFI - may need to merge any local changes to config.plist

2) kext files - install with _kext-install.command

i posted a the clover installer  a few posts back - and can be used to install nvram save scripts. i will include these files in the future.

@tluck - thanks for that. i have done those now and all seems to be working, especially the graphics - thanks!

also wanted to ask:

1. alt key is cmd and win key is alt. how do i check if the patches are being applied correctly?

2. i extracted dsdt.aml and the acpi files using the Ubuntu Live USB method as F3/F4 options in Clover didn't seem to work. do i still need to create custom DSDTs etc. for my setup?

much respect and thanks again

TDB

@TDB 

1) if you are used to the Mac keyboard then alt/command are swapped with CMD next to space bar. if you don't want that layout, you can edit the VoodooPS2Keyboard Info.plist to not swap these keys.

this will change the swap true to false

sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set ':IOKitPersonalities:ApplePS2Keyboard:Platform\ Profile:LENOVO:Options:Swap\ command\ and\ option' boolean false" /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

2) DSDT - what is your system model and specs? you probably dont need to do anything if all is working as is.

• Like 1

@tlluck

apologies, my system info seems to have disappeared from my signature. it is a LENOVO T460s Laptop (ThinkPad) | Machine Type: 20FAS2EW01 | Intel® Core™ i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz | 4GB | Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Skylake-U GT2) | 1920x1080 | Huawei ME906S 4G LTE Mobile Broadband Adapter

as you'll see, it's got a Huawei ME906S 4G LTE Mobile Broadband Adapter (https://support.lenovo.com/za/en/documents/acc100280 and http://consumer.huawei.com/en/solutions/m2m-solutions/products/tech-specs/me906s-158-en.htm)built in with a SIM card slot. it works great when there's no wi-fi or lan connection (under Win 10 of course). is there any possibility to get this working?

tx

TDB

BTW, I realise that it's a workaround, but I managed to enable wireless connectivity by using a TP-Link Wireless Nano USB adapter (TL-WN725N - http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/cat-11_TL-WN725N.html).I downloaded the macOS drivers and it worked! So at least I've got wi-fi until I get a new internal card.

Buy the BCM94360, no kexts needed. Remove FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext and you are good to go

• Like 1