[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Another quick question for you @tluck.  Did you ever get IGPU power management working?  I'm trying to do the ssdt patching and GFX0->IGPU renaming, but it doesn't seem like it works since I get this from AppleIntelInfo.kext:

IGPU Info:

------------------------------------------

IGPU Current Frequency...................:    0 MHz

IGPU Minimum Frequency...................:  300 MHz

IGPU Maximum Non-Turbo Frequency.........:  300 MHz

IGPU Maximum Turbo Frequency.............: 1000 MHz

IGPU Maximum limit.......................: No Limit

Very nice guide.

T560 runs with this very well.

Do you have no flickers in the top left edge?

I had to Add just one line in Clover->Devices-> Add Properties

Device IntelGFX

Key AAPL,GfxYTile

Value AQAAAA==

Vale Type String

How did you configure the keyboard layout. Did you have a Gui-Tool for setting the right functions to the proper keys? 

Beside that:

I find a "removed CD/DVD" with your kext and configs. Do you have  a vague idea what could cause this?

Using these lines OS X Menu Glitches disappear? Only on Sierra or also on El Capitan ?

Using these lines OS X Menu Glitches disappear? Only on Sierra or also on El Capitan ?

I think it is specifically for Sierra menu glitches.  It's not the disappearing menu bar thing with El Capitan (the ones that more or less go away with a different color profile).

@mangvyer  -  updated the zip in this thread the latest VoodooPS2 kext. that with the SSDT for PS2K, left and right ClickPad buttons or the real buttons work as expected for me? IGPU is renamed in my stuff as well. but i have not looked at power management closely. good to know the gfx frame buffer patch works. 

@mangvyer  -  updated the zip in this thread the latest VoodooPS2 kext. that with the SSDT for PS2K, left and right ClickPad buttons or the real buttons work as expected for me? IGPU is renamed in my stuff as well. but i have not looked at power management closely. good to know the gfx frame buffer patch works. 

Hi @tluck -- I think VoodooPS2 is still 1.8.24 in your updated zip according to the Info.plist?

whoops - redid and posted the zip wth the some actual newer kexts!

Hi @tluck:

I've got a few comments/suggestions/questions:

- I think your DSDT.aml needs patching for GFX0 -> IGPU.  IIRC the config.plist patch doesn't work for things in the patched folder.  I checked with AppleIntelInfo.kext and I seem to get another power state with the IGPU once it's patched.

- The audio does not work for me at all with Devices/Audio/Inject=28.  1 works fine for me.  I did pair it with your new DSDT but still no dice.  

- Your config.plist is missing the Skylake menu bar graphics glitch patches.  I don't think that's a big deal though.

- I've synced up VoodooPS2Controller with your zip instead of the one I compiled, but it still doesn't work for right clicks on the trackpad.  It works occasionally if I have one finger on the trackpad and another clicking the right click trackpad button for some reason, but not at all clicking it by itself.  Would you have any tips on tracking this issue down?

ok - 3 times is a charm. i updated the zip - again - sorry. 

1) GFX0-> IGPU - name is edited/replaced by clover in DSDT and SSDT-x .

in the custom SSDT-IGPU-T460 -the name is already IGPU. but i wonder what is missing?

2) Audio- layout 28 set in config.plist, SSDT-HDEF-T460 and  matched in resources in AppleHDA_ALC293 kext

3) post the GFX fix snippet and i will include going forward.

4) VoodooPS2

- are you using the SSDT-PS2K-T60 to define as LENOVO/T460?

- and are you enabling secondary click as "Click in bottom right corner" in SysPrefs/TrackPad prefs?

1) I don't see a patch under DSDT/Patches (or such a folder).  It seems from the other forum in "[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI" this is necessary for Clover patching.  Maybe you can double check your GPU PM to see if the config.plist patch works?

Quote from the guide:

"It is important to note that config.plist/ACPI/patches are applied only to native SSDTs, and not the SSDTs in ACPI/patched. This means that if you are renaming objects using config.plist, the add-on SSDTs must refer to the new names, not the old names. Unlike SSDTs in ACPI/patched, binary patches in ACPI/Patches *do apply* to DSDT.aml that might be in ACPI/patched. Keep this in mind if you're using a combination of static and hotpatching."

I just did a static patch for DSDT.aml.  I should move to the DSDT/Patches method probably.

2) I'll give this another shot with your updated zip.

3) "[Fix] Skylake menu bar glitch fix" in the other forum in Sierra Laptop Support (not sure I can post links to there here?).

4) Yup, stupid me.  Changed prefs and it works like a charm.

@mangyver - 

#1 - exactly. Clover patches the DSDT.aml file and native SSDT (.ie SSDT-0.aml etc)  - these refer to GFX0 which are changed to IGPU by clover. the ACPI (DSDT.aml and SSDT-*-T460.aml) files in ACPI/patched are already consistent.

@mangyver - 

#1 - exactly. Clover patches the DSDT.aml file and native SSDT (.ie SSDT-0.aml etc)  - these refer to GFX0 which are changed to IGPU by clover. the ACPI (DSDT.aml and SSDT-*-T460.aml) files in ACPI/patched are already consistent.

I think my reading comprehension has gone downhil nowadays haha.  I keep thinking ACPI/patches is a folder, not a section on config.plist for some reason.  Thanks for your time as well as the updated kexts.

@tluck

I am trying this on a T460 - i7-6600U UMA (my acpi dump produced quite different DSDT-SSDT files than yours)

I have latest sierra installed, patched my own DSDT with the patches mentioned, generated my own SSDT for my CPU, but unless i keep the fake id for HD520 i get a panic.

Can you please give some clear post-install steps for dealing with the panic caused by skylake graphics (based on your files)?

(ie what to patch, what to rename or what to revert)

PS All the rest is working fine as per the guide.

Thanks...

@barrrt - what version OS?  i remember seeing that same thing early on in 12.0 - 12.1 sierra. but now on 12.2+ its gone for me. i was using karibiner-elements to work around these NX key issues. now i dont need it. And yeah had similar weird stuff like that on my T420 too. gone there too.

@Aexetos

- well even if your ACPI files are a little different,  the custom SSDT-*-T460 files + kexts+ config.plist should be ok for you.

so you can replace DSDT.dsl file with your file(s) and then patch it using the process (scripts) included.

Extract the Original ACPI via Clover (i.e. boot clover and hit F3 (i think)

and put these original files in folder in the zip: distribute/DSDT/ACPI-origin

then copy just the DSDT.aml and SSDT*aml files to folder ACPI-Tables

then in the APCI-Tables folder, extract the source with single namespace in legacy mode from all the DSDT/SSDT files by:

../iasl -dl -da *.aml

the create_patched_DSDT.bash script will copy the DSDT.dsl file from ACPI-Tables to results folder  and patch with the patchmatic from the patches in the patch-files folder 

the output is a patched DSDT.dsl file in the DSDT folder!

the install_acpi.bash script will need to modified for your system. but its purpose is to compile and cp the ACPI files to the ESP (clover)

Note: i may play around with GFX on Sierra again. 

are you using the latest VoodooPS2controller kext and the SSDT-PS2K-T460?

karabiner allows you override/define key maps. so for awhile, I mapped the FN keys (instead of NX - ie. same keys not in FN mode) to do the same thing they should. but now things are ok for me.

@barrrt - what version OS?  i remember seeing that same thing early on in 12.0 - 12.1 sierra. but now on 12.2+ its gone for me. i was using karibiner-elements to work around these NX key issues. now i dont need it. And yeah had similar weird stuff like that on my T420 too. gone there too.

@Aexetos

- well even if your ACPI files are a little different,  the custom SSDT-*-T460 files + kexts+ config.plist should be ok for you.

so you can replace DSDT.dsl file with your file(s) and then patch it using the process (scripts) included.

Extract the Original ACPI via Clover (i.e. boot clover and hit F3 (i think)

and put these original files in folder in the zip: distribute/DSDT/ACPI-origin

then copy just the DSDT.aml and SSDT*aml files to folder ACPI-Tables

then in the APCI-Tables folder, extract the source with single namespace in legacy mode from all the DSDT/SSDT files by:

../iasl -dl -da *.aml

the create_patched_DSDT.bash script will copy the DSDT.dsl file from ACPI-Tables to results folder  and patch with the patchmatic from the patches in the patch-files folder 

the output is a patched DSDT.dsl file in the DSDT folder!

the install_acpi.bash script will need to modified for your system. but its purpose is to compile and cp the ACPI files to the ESP (clover)

Note: i may play around with GFX on Sierra again. 

Thanks for this but you misunderstood. I have already done all that.

I successfully did an El-Capitan 10.11.6 install and full graphics do work (with the menu bar glitches).

Now i am trying a Sierra install (10.12.2).

The only part i need help with is the post-install steps to turn graphics acceleration fully on on Sierra without a panic.

Thanks for this but you misunderstood. I have already done all that.

I successfully did an El-Capitan 10.11.6 install and full graphics do work (with the menu bar glitches).

Now i am trying a Sierra install (10.12.2).

The only part i need help with is the post-install steps to turn graphics acceleration fully on on Sierra without a panic.

Try this (well, make a backup of your config.plist first haha):

1) Change the ig-platform-id of the config.plist on your ESP to 0x1.  Delete the fakeid (and the associated tags).  I think you have to set inject Intel to true as well (at least that's what I used).  Make sure on your ESP that CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt-IGPU-t460.aml is renamed to another extension.

2) Reboot.  Use kextstat to make sure AppleIntelSKLGraphics is loaded.

3) If it's loaded, rebuild the kextcache. 

4) Change the config.plist back to the proper value of ig-platform-id, rename the IGPU aml back to the original name, and reboot.

If you have the MinStolenSize patch in your config.plist (@tluck's does) it should boot with QE/CI.

well i finally found time to mess around with GFX again. so i manually patched the Framebuffer and now I have full 3D accelerated gfx. hallelujah.

vusun123 - thanks!!!

will update the zip and guide with more details.  but i already included how i patched the Framebuffer kext in post 1.

Hi TLuck and others.

I was reading so much stuff in the net, in many threads and got nearly every information i needed for a working T560 in this thread. Thanks to ALL of you guys.

I will attach my thumbstick-files here and you will see it is nearly the same stuff like TLucks.

I changed only minor things (for example the computer is now called T560 instead of T460) and the keyboard layout (which is 99% the same of the 460).

Beside that a few "kexttopatch" things where edited, so that the BT/WLAN Card works with a german layout.... it can be switched easy and should work although its the german net:P.

If you have questions regarding my T560 stuff, just ask.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13269539/T560_UEFI-Clover-10.12-2016-12-19.zip

File was a bit too big, maybe i should clean up it a little.... ill do that later... sorry.. but too tired :P

I will just try karabiner elements soon to check if the extra keys (like a calculator button) can be mapped with that software. With the voodoops2kext its not possible i guess :(

Try this (well, make a backup of your config.plist first haha):

1) Change the ig-platform-id of the config.plist on your ESP to 0x1.  Delete the fakeid (and the associated tags).  I think you have to set inject Intel to true as well (at least that's what I used).  Make sure on your ESP that CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt-IGPU-t460.aml is renamed to another extension.

2) Reboot.  Use kextstat to make sure AppleIntelSKLGraphics is loaded.

3) If it's loaded, rebuild the kextcache. 

4) Change the config.plist back to the proper value of ig-platform-id, rename the IGPU aml back to the original name, and reboot.

If you have the MinStolenSize patch in your config.plist (@tluck's does) it should boot with QE/CI.

Thanks mangyvr,

I went crazy yesterday digging around the forums for a solution and finally figured the same thing. ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd520-on-toshiba-satellite-pro-a50-c.205886/#post-1359911 )

Clover could not patch the AppleIntelSKLGraphics because it was not loading. Well, as you said, success!!!

PS. Why rename the aml?

well i finally found time to mess around with GFX again. so i manually patched the Framebuffer and now I have full 3D accelerated gfx. hallelujah.

vusun123 - thanks!!!

will update the zip and guide with more details.  but i already included how i patched the Framebuffer kext in post 1.

Wait what ? You mean Clover can't patch the SKLFB so you manually patch the kext ?

@vunsun123 - well as we all know, Clover can patch the kext if it is in the kernel cache. However, I was not able to get the FB loaded to get it cached. so I manually patched the binary.  and boom. everything came together.

anyway, I did not read mangyver's steps until after I was successful. So I will test out mangyver method to get SLKFB loaded into cache - versus manual/direct binary patch.

@barrrrt - i will merge your T560 VoodooPS2 mods into my branch later today. if you post your changes to the ESP files - i.e. ACPI files and config.plist, i can merge those files into a new zip and include in Post 1 zip file.