[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Hello guys! 

I'd like to report something odd happening: after updating two days ago, this morning my thinkpad turned off out of the blue with battery at around 60%; turning back on, the indicator was red and showing 100%.
After rebooting It seems ok, now I’m doing a recalibration cycle.
Any idea of what may be causing this? Since It was at 55-60% could it be about the double battery?

Thank for your job to help me to resolve the problem in My Thinkpad T460.

My PC is SSD 256GB with i7-6600U,so that I have to include a SD Card to extend my disk spaces.
I am very lucky to found the driver of Realtek 522A PCIE SDReader of my T460 with a SDXC Speed in BBS.
I think you can include it into your jobs to help others.
The topic link is here:

@tluck

Extract and Drop the Sinetek-rtsx.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ of EFI partition.and reboot, the PCIE SDReader will worked

Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

• Like 3

Well done it works!

My PC is SSD 256GB with i7-6600U,so that I have to include a SD Card to extend my disk spaces.
I am very lucky to found the driver of Realtek 522A PCIE SDReader of my T460 with a SDXC Speed in BBS.
The topic link is here:

@tluck

Extract and Drop the Sinetek-rtsx.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ of EFI partition.and reboot, the PCIE SDReader will worked

I just upgrade my system to High Sierra replacing the kexts, everything is okay, thank you @tluck.

It works in my T460s

Thanks a lot

The topic link is here:

@tluck

Strange problem on my side.

Sometimes, using it on battery, suddenly I get the screen with full brightness, and I see on the menu bar that it's like that I had plugged the pc to power. Few seconds later, it comes back like before.

Very strange no?

Hi Tluck,

I just got T450S with HD5500 Graphics.

will those files posted here work with it? Or the differences between T450S and T460 are too great?

well if you mean the kexts, yes some should work 

i wish i still had my T460... but here is where i got a lot of good ideas etc:

https://github.com/shmilee/T450-Hackintosh.git

It was tough to get High Sierra on the T560 working again, but finally the upgrade succeeded.

I guess I didn't took care, that the files in the /L/E Folder were still the old files. I had to update them too...  at least im for 90% sure :P

• Like 1

I got the same problem when I upgraded to HS.

Now I had removed all kexts in /L/E floder and it work fine

It was tough to get High Sierra on the T560 working again, but finally the upgrade succeeded.

I guess I didn't took care, that the files in the /L/E Folder were still the old files. I had to update them too...  at least im for 90% sure :P

sorry guys. I guess I thought it would be understood that to get to High Sierra easily, one must update ESP and kexts in /L/E before doing the upgrade. The kexts posted will run on 10.12 or 10.13

The basic procedure that seems to work:

1) update ESP and kexts with latest zip from GitHub (posted a new bundle yesterday) while still on 10.12.6

2) reboot and verify functions (audio etc)

3) directly download High Sierra from App Store to HD

4) install from HD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

By any chance does anyone know how to fix the Displayport? Currently only able to use HDMI but would be useful to be able to use both, if possible. 

Also, after upgrading to High Sierra, my battery % wasn't displaying correctly on the menu bar. I had to remove it by holding cmd key and then dragging the icon out....just in case someone comes upon the same issue!

@vusun123 - sure if provided the SSDT, I will include in the next release. I don't have T460 but I have been updating the zip on Github with newer Clover and kexts. So obviously I can't test or validate anything.

@xcaret - are you on the latest ACPIBatteryManager kext? there were some recent updates. 

• Like 1

@xcaret - are you on the latest ACPIBatteryManager kext? there were some recent updates. 

Yes, I am on the latest ACPIBatteryManager from your new kext pack. The battery percentage is working now after dragging the battery icon out of the menu bar and re-adding it on the System Preferences.....just wanted to throw this glitch with my system in case anyone else faces the same problem. 

Is displayport supposed to be working? So far, I've only gotten the HDMI to work. 

Never mind, I got it to work now! I just went ahead and followed the DSDT/SSDT steps again and now it is working. 

thank you for all your help!!!!

Unfortunately, the longer the problem, the battery was not displayed correctly. It stays at a percent number and updates only after restart.

This has not improved with the new version

You can also use coconut battery to display your battery percentage on your menu bar.....just another option. 

My t460 is running flawlessly now. 

• Like 2