• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

myxored

myxored

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Using kext injection for long-term usage is a bad idea. Who knows when your Clover installation is borked and won't inject kexts for you. If you have tested your machine and confirmed it is stable, do install kexts to L/E or S/L/E

I am using this for about 3 years on all my hackintoshs and a clover installation never "brokes", while L/E regularly did ( perm issues, something replaced something ). EFI is not mounted after boot, getting manipulated "suddenly" is nothing just "happens", very different with L/E.

Anyway, do you have a real-world example you lived through, where clover stopped working? I am of course curious and eager to learn about those things, my 6 boxes here run the clover only way since mavericks, with upgrades, still very solid.

myxored

myxored

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Note: I keep posting this so people know what to expect from the T460 tosh setup - i am doing a more brief / daily work test. If you actually find that not useful, tell me, i will stop posting this

Hint: if nothing is written behind an aspect, there is nothing to be done to get it done, its just plain working OOTB.

Hint: everything with a * means updated or added since the last update

--

What works:

- Smooth / Glitchless graphics

- Sound works well (output + mike)

- Sound controls on the keyboard

- Display brightness controls works (started to work after ACPI tables remade)

- Ethernet

- Trackpad and Trackpoint, though the trackpad feels pretty useless and has some ïtches"(Scrolling)

- Trackpad buttons and scrollbutton

- Booting from HDD without customizing config.plist

- USB (both sides)

- External Battery status/charge/

- displayport works on FullHD *

- HDMI works on FullHD *

- DP + HDMI can be used at the same time ( yet FullHD tested, not quad) *

- Plugin in the Powercable, i can fold the notebook while both, HDMI / DP are still working ( no sleep) *

- Headphone jack (output) *

- remap cmd/option buttons using this *

- Home/End work as expected *

What does not work":

a ) Mike mute by control (expected)

B) Microphone on the headphone jack is not working, it seems like the extern Microphone is still used - there is no option to select a different one in the input settings in macOS *

c) QuadHD not working, even with applied https://github.com/F...-clock-patch-V2 - opened an issue here

@tluck dies the displayfix not work, because we are not using the core driver? Under Sierra with my i7 4700 and the onboard HD4200 (desktop CPU) that fix worked, but i dont think i used a special IGP patched driver, so that might be the reason, right?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

@myxored

glad everything is working for you. everything works for me too!

on your not working list:

a - mic mute - i have no plans to implement - but correct - the key is not mapped to anything.

b - headphone with microphone - sometimes you need to plug-in and out and back in.

then SysPref Audio Input will show as

Line In        Audio line-in port

vs

Internal Microphone         Built-in but

c not sure about QuadHD - i only have HD monitor.

we are using all "core" standard apple kexts/drivers - what does "displayfix" not work mean? i am not familiar with this.

p.s. with your kexts in ESP - did you copy the binary into X86PlatformPluginInjector to make that work?

nyacat

nyacat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks dude.btw did this work for t460s?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

ok. reposted the zip in the guide - should be the last update for awhile. :)

mostly cleaned up stuff based on recent feedback

21-Apr-2017 Update

• Updated to Clover 4063
  • Added patchmatic and skylakeFB patch/unpatch tools/scripts
  • Cleaned up stuff
  • Tweaks for config.plist and added config.noSKL.plist - no need for SSDT-IGPU

superbboy

superbboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

@superbboy - ah.  no wonder Espamac was having trouble with sleepwatcher - ok reposted the zip again with the de...plist file

so what do you mean BT doesn't work?  does it work before sleep?

It work before sleep.

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

@superbboy

well does BT sometimes work after sleep? i recoded some of the timing in the Broadcom kexts to address this problem - maybe the kext needs some more tweaking. 

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

I updated the zip today with a revised AppleALC (and Lilu) build.

This version does all the kext patching for SkyLake Graphics Framebuffer (including the dreaded DVMT KP) as well for AppleHDA that was previously done via Clover kext patch.  I chose to add the AppleALC kext as this approach/method was already patching the SKL FB and adding a variety of extra patches was a lot easier than coding them into sherlocks DVMTFixup kext - credit to sherlocks as this gave me the inspiration! 

So with this new method, there is no need to add FakeID 12345678 for installing fresh etc. Just copy all these kexts to the ESP of your HD and your installer USB. It will use full SKL GFX during the installer phase now! I tested by installing 10.12.4 from scratch and then added the 10.12.5 beta updates. so far so good!

To move to this package:

use the new config.plist and merge/add your own custom items such as MLB/ROM item

install/replace the kexts in

1) ESP Other and

2) to your HD in /Library/Extensions

myxored

myxored

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I made some more progress and tried and would like to share this:

Good news:

- This setup does work for an X260 also - exactly the same build and all that - so its as is compatible for T460 and X260 ( verified ). This includes all DSDTs, premade ones and self mades - thats pretty awesome!

Glichtes:

- you should make clear in your ACPI guide, that SSDT must _stiil_ be copied from the patched folder of your ESP, since they are not generated during the patching. Generating own ACPI tables and patching them does for now only generate a DSDT.aml, no SSDTs at all. That said, the system will not boot without the SSDTs, it will only boot with intelinject/fakeid eventhough the framebuffer patch is included. So those files are for now needed and that needs to be in that guide i guess

- your install_acpi.bash requires the EFI partition to be mounted in /Volumes/ESP, while you do automount using espmount.bash 0 - this does mount it as /Volumes/ESP-0 if any other ESP partition is found in addition, be it the boot stick, a seconds OS or whatever. That said, it should rather not automount but check that /Volumes/ESP exists ( so is mounted ) and require the user to do so otherwise (or install fail )

- SSDT would never be used for patching, they are never used from the ACPI-tables. Probably that is what you wanted?

Fixed scripts:

- Scripts have 'set -e' and have been made a bit more robust

- i moved the initial iasl -dl ... SS* DD* command into the create command and fixed some glitches with result folders not being there yet, so it can be removed from the tutorial to make it simpler

- if /Volumes/ESP does not exist, do warn the user and fail in install_acpi.bash

- do no longer require iasl to be local (./iasl), since iasl is required to be in $PATH by the patchmatic_auto_patch.bash script anyway

You find both scripts here https://gist.github....7f720eefa29c983

I updated the zip today with a revised AppleALC (and Lilu) build.

This version does all the kext patching for SkyLake Graphics Framebuffer (including the dreaded DVMT KP) as well for AppleHDA that was previously done via Clover kext patch.  I chose to add the AppleALC kext as this approach/method was already patching the SKL FB and adding a variety of extra patches was a lot easier than coding them into sherlocks DVMTFixup kext - credit to sherlocks as this gave me the inspiration! 

So with this new method, there is no need to add FakeID 12345678 for installing fresh etc. Just copy all these kexts to the ESP of your HD and your installer USB. It will use full SKL GFX during the installer phase now! I tested by installing 10.12.4 from scratch and then added the 10.12.5 beta updates. so far so good!

To move to this package:

use the new config.plist and merge/add your own custom items such as MLB/ROM item

install/replace the kexts in

1) ESP Other and

2) to your HD in /Library/Extensions

I am kind of confused, AppleALC is for audio  right? how is that related to the Framebuffer issue / patch?

I guess for all of us which just need to know how to import the changes into our own EFI installation :

- copy <zip>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleACL.kext to <OSX>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleACL.kext

Questions:

- Should the skylakeFB_patch.bash / skylakeFB_unpatch.bash be removed from the package then? (and you should remove it from the zip... i see it has been removed from the tutorial, great job)

- do i no longer need to patch the framebuffer after the installation at all? According to your statement, that FB is now available during the installation, i guess that is the case?

- did the Lilu.kext also change?

Do you mind to put the ZIP on a github repo so contribution and change-tracking is easier?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

cool about X260.

I am not sure i understand what was not clear or broke in original script - all be it not very robust i in term so of checking. 

but sure i can put in more description to what this script does.

but i will take a closer look. seem like you added some check for the ESP mount?.

thank you.

$ cat install_acpi.bash

espmount.bash 0 -> mounts disk0s1 on /Volumes/ESP

compile all DSL files

copy all SSDT.aml  and DSDT.aml files to the ESP

#!/bin/bash
#mount esp
./espmount.bash 0
#compile
./iasl -ve *.dsl
#find product name
s=$( ioreg -c FakeSMCKeyStore | grep product-name | sed -e's/"//g' ) #"product-name" = "41786UU"
productname=${s#* = }
if [[ -e /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/$productname ]] ;
then
rm /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/$productname/ACPI/patched/*
cp SS* DS* /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/$productname/ACPI/patched/
else
rm /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*
cp SS* DS* /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
fi

I am kind of confused, AppleALC is for audio  right? how is that related to the Framebuffer issue / patch?

I guess for all of us which just need to know how to import the changes into our own EFI installation :

- copy <zip>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleACL.kext to <OSX>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleACL.kext

Questions:

- Should the skylakeFB_patch.bash / skylakeFB_unpatch.bash be removed from the package then? (and you should remove it from the zip... i see it has been removed from the tutorial, great job)

- do i no longer need to patch the framebuffer after the installation at all? According to your statement, that FB is now available during the installation, i guess that is the case?

- did the Lilu.kext also change?

Do you mind to put the ZIP on a github repo so contribution and change-tracking is easier?

i will post on GitHub.

yes the AppleALC.kext is for Audio - the patching to make audio work touches a few kexts like AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelSLKGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

although in our case in general the mods are in HDA. But since we need to have some other patches for SKL - we can use this same method.

Lilu does the hard work. 

so the manual SKL patch un-patch process is no longer needed. 

the fakeID 12345678 should not be needed anymore either

you can use _kext-install.command script or copy each kext to the ESP and HD

thedeliveryboy

thedeliveryboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi

Having successfully installed each update that has been posted here on this thread, the last one has completely broken my setup. It won't startup without the FakeID and once it does, the graphics are jumpy and glitchy.

I think I'm going to have to restart from scratch :(

(BTW, I've made no other changes to the system, only installed updates) 

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

@thedeliveryboy

sorry this update is causing problems.

did you install the new kexts on the HD in /Library/Extensions and ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and update your config.plist?

the FakeID method will get you running with bogus/limited graphics.

if this new method of patching SKL is not working, then you can revert to the old method.

the old method:

1) boot clover with config.noSKL.plist (uses bogus ID)

2) patch the SKL FB with the skylakeFB_patch.bash script

3) reboot clover with config.patchSKL.plist (use Clover to patch SKL FB and AppleHDA)

4) un-patch the SKL FB skylakeFB_uppatch.bash script

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lenovo, T460, Skylake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy