[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

To make it simple, can you help me on these points :

- how can I update Lilu and AppleALC?

- brightness is not memorized when I reboot the PC. It's always at the max.

- when I launched HW Monitor, without doing anything, I see that the processor is like 500Mhz - 2,6Ghz - 500 - 2,6 - 500 - 2,6 and so one...it's always like a wave. 

Thank you ;)

Lilu/AppleALC - did you get this working?

download zip from GitHub...

Brightness

- remove IntelBacklight.kext

- install nvram save scripts - see utility folder for install tools - uses Emuvariable.efi to emulate NVRAM and reads nvram.plist from EFI. scripts save nvram values to the file 

- use AppleBacklightInjector - see Utility folder for creation tools.  there are some display models already in the kext

- use _kext-install.command to install the kexts from the zip EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder (AppleBacklight injector script will update this kext if you need to add a new display model)

• Like 1

Thank you. 

For Lilu and AppleALC, I had just downloaded the latest versions on the GitHub, and I did two tests :

- put them directly in the kext folder for a new fresh installation : KP

- install them after the installation with kext wizard : KP

Maybe a problem with them...

I will try for the brightness...thanks

well there is a newer Lilu and AppleALC posted on my T420 site...  still have the T460 profile in there too (same kext works for either system). These are High Sierra ready. 

https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T420-Clover/releases/tag/v2107.07.16

Note: i build a custom AppleALC for T420 and T460 -- vs what is AppleALC on github.

i will be home on the weekend and will update the T460 site then.

• Like 2

my T460 20FMS79J00 now an tempory boot on a external HD as explained in post 1 :)

i just bought this Crucial MX300 525 Go M.2 (2280) - CT525MX300SSD4 : http://amzn.eu/cxXjVt5 to replace my 128 Gb SSD.
FYI SSD guide : https://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-sdd-solid-state-drive-july-2017/

now i plan to buy a wifi AC+BT4 card :
i think about a native one such BCM94360 or DW1830 as explained at page 7. I looked in ebay.fr store but many add say not compatible with Lenovo laptop.
DELL DW1830 Broadcom BCM943602BAED M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 1300Mbps BT4.1 Hackintosh
so can someone tell me more about the one i can buy?

found information, but must be sure i'll be ok with T460 ;)

HMB = half height mini PCIe Seems to be OK - what about Z = NGFF M.2 form factor ???
about antennes :
The older standard seems to be U.FL connector, which is larger than the newer, smaller MHF4 connectors. Therefore, you would have to either replace the antennas, or fit an adapter (once again, space permitting) that will likely have a negative effect on performance.

conclusion :
- Broadcom BCM94352HMB (Azurewave AW-CE123H): This card has the U.FL connectors, which seems to be the direct fit, plug and play replacement for my Intel AC wifi card, which means I will not have to remove the motherboard to swap out the antennas.

- Broadcom BCM94360HMB (Azurewave AW-CB160H): which is said to have native, out of the box working ability with OS X and MacOS Sierra.
what about on your T460? I heard thatit has the smaller antenna connectors, which could mean buying new antennes or adapter and some difficulties in the installation?

Can someone advice me?
---
here are :

* my DisplayProduct: Tetonne T460 DisplayProductID-2e3c.zip
* and my 20FMS79J00 ACPI i5 6200u created thanks to the guide :TetonneT460 ACPI.zip

This hack's magic for my T460 is due to tluck :)
Thanks to him again :)

my T460 20FMS79J00 now an tempory boot on a external HD as explained in post 1 :)

i just bought this Crucial MX300 525 Go M.2 (2280) - CT525MX300SSD4 : http://amzn.eu/cxXjVt5 to replace my 128 Gb SSD.

FYI SSD guide : https://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-sdd-solid-state-drive-july-2017/

now i plan to buy a wifi AC+BT4 card :

i think about a native one such BCM94360 or DW1830 as explained at page 7. I looked in ebay.fr store but many add say not compatible with Lenovo laptop.

DELL DW1830 Broadcom BCM943602BAED M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 1300Mbps BT4.1 Hackintosh

so can someone tell me more about the one i can buy?

found information, but must be sure i'll be ok with T460 ;)

HMB = half height mini PCIe Seems to be OK - what about Z = NGFF M.2 form factor ???

about antennes :

The older standard seems to be U.FL connector, which is larger than the newer, smaller MHF4 connectors. Therefore, you would have to either replace the antennas, or fit an adapter (once again, space permitting) that will likely have a negative effect on performance.

conclusion :

- Broadcom BCM94352HMB (Azurewave AW-CE123H): This card has the U.FL connectors, which seems to be the direct fit, plug and play replacement for my Intel AC wifi card, which means I will not have to remove the motherboard to swap out the antennas.

- Broadcom BCM94360HMB (Azurewave AW-CB160H): which is said to have native, out of the box working ability with OS X and MacOS Sierra.

what about on your T460? I heard thatit has the smaller antenna connectors, which could mean buying new antennes or adapter and some difficulties in the installation?

Can someone advice me?

---

here are :

* my DisplayProduct: attachicon.gifTetonne T460 DisplayProductID-2e3c.zip

* and my 20FMS79J00 ACPI i5 6200u created thanks to the guide :attachicon.gifTetonneT460 ACPI.zip

This hack's magic for my T460 is due to tluck :)

Thanks to him again :)

I bought mine on Aliexpress, this is this one :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Wireless-WIFI-Card-NGFF-802-11AC-867Mbps-Broadcom-BCM94352Z-WIFI-Network-Wlan-Card/32464748097.html

So I don't know exactly about your point but mine is working perfectly.

PS : yes I'm also French  ;)

I bought mine on Aliexpress, this is this one :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Wireless-WIFI-Card-NGFF-802-11AC-867Mbps-Broadcom-BCM94352Z-WIFI-Network-Wlan-Card/32464748097.html

So I don't know exactly about your point but mine is working perfectly.

PS : yes I'm also French  ;)

Thanks aerty076 are you sure cos it's say Lenovo incompatible on the bottom of the advert.

i'm a bit lost ;)

Merci azerty076, tu es sur que c'est ce modèle là car pas compatible avec HP/Lenovo :(

Thanks aerty076 are you sure cos it's say Lenovo incompatible on the bottom of the advert.

i'm a bit lost ;)

Merci azerty076, tu es sur que c'est ce modèle là car pas compatible avec HP/Lenovo :(

I know, but the link is coming from the order that I've done. Maybe wait for advice from someone else...

well there is a newer Lilu and AppleALC posted on my T420 site...  still have the T460 profile in there too (same kext works for either system). These are High Sierra ready. 

https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T420-Clover/releases/tag/v2107.07.16

Note: i build a custom AppleALC for T420 and T460 -- vs what is AppleALC on github.

i will be home on the weekend and will update the T460 site then.

Hello tluck,

If you need a tester for a new package, I'm here ;)

• Like 1

good! I cant test it anymore...  

I pushed a new release for you guys on GitHub

https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases/tag/v2017.07.31

Updated to Clover r4129
Updated Theme for High Sierra
Updated Lilu and AppleALC for High Sierra - this should do all the GFX patching for you (has 32 MB DVMT patch etc)

• Like 2

Updated to Clover r4129

Updated Lilu and AppleALC for High Sierra - this should do all the GFX patching for you (has 32 MB DVMT patch etc)

Thanks! I'll give you feedback ASAP.

• Like 1

Updated to Clover r4129

I've done a fresh install with it. Everything is ok except once again the problem of brightness...I don't really see the problem.

And I tried to follow your instructions and nothing...

Otherwise great job!

hi,tluck

have you ever compared the highest volume for the internal speaker between MacOS and win10?

in my case, it's much lower than the win10.

You're right...I dont have win10 anymore but I said to myself just before that the sound is pretty low

Lilu/AppleALC - did you get this working?

download zip from GitHub...

Brightness

- remove IntelBacklight.kext

- install nvram save scripts - see utility folder for install tools - uses Emuvariable.efi to emulate NVRAM and reads nvram.plist from EFI. scripts save nvram values to the file 

- use AppleBacklightInjector - see Utility folder for creation tools.  there are some display models already in the kext

- use _kext-install.command to install the kexts from the zip EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder (AppleBacklight injector script will update this kext if you need to add a new display model)

Hello tluck,

About brightness saved on reboot or start of the pc,on a fresh install we are ok that I only need to do that :

a ) NVRAM 

Since we are using Clover's EmuVariable method to simulate NVRAM, Clover looks for the file nvram.plist to get its persistent values - which is stored in the ESP now. Install the "root" utilities and clover scripts and files from Utilities folder to your HD. This step is important as it installs the "rc scripts" to save the nvram contents to a file upon reboot.

Important: It will register your system to use a LogoutHook.

cd ~/Downloads/Lenovo-T460-Clover-YYYY.MM.DD/Utilities/

sudo ./install_nvram_save_scripts.command

Because on your last package, IntelBacklight.kext is not there anymore (I saw it in Misc folder). And when you say "there are some display models already in the kext" is there something special to do?

Thank you

• Like 1

well yes IntelBacklight.kext stopped working around 11.5 or so we have to use AppleBackLight Injector ...

This kext has a few display models included so in some cases you can just install vs run the createAppleBacklightinjegor.command - which looks at your display model and creates a new kext in the "zip" Other location. so then you can run the _kext-install.command which will install all the kexts in the Clover/kexts/Other folder. The Misc folder is contains a few optional/older kexts.

Hi 

@tluck : question about patch-files :)

i've understood that these are extra 'patches' for DSDT file.

i did not see action to do in the guide (to install them)

i try to undertood yours bash or command files

but I did not find information inside looking inside patch-files folder 

nor in DSDT file

am i wrong? why did you include them no by default (sorry for this may be stupid question lol)

i'll install last package asap and feed back

the SSDT files? yes see the ACPI files section of the guide. that explains how to create your own custom set DSDT and SSDT. But if you have a similar T460 as mine then you can probably just copy these from the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI folder ... other wise the last step in creating your own ACPI files are done in step 6: ./install_ACPI_to_ESP.command

the SSDT files? yes see the ACPI files section of the guide. that explains how to create your own custom set DSDT and SSDT. But if you have a similar T460 as mine then you can probably just copy these from the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI folder ... other wise the last step in creating your own ACPI files are done in step 6: ./install_ACPI_to_ESP.command

HI tluck : hope you enjoy your new job ;)

i was talking about these files :

1_led_blink.txt...4_battery_fan.txt

i suceed to set my DSDT and SSDT thanks to your guide :)

can i ask before i attempt anything and break the install. ive had issues with the graphics as in it lags on heavy sites. how do i update the graphics (lilu) in latest patch without having to do a full re install?

Do i just replace Lilu.kext and applealc.kext in library/extensions or elsewhere? (then rebuild permissions etc)

Hello,

Two things :

1) About trackpad : 

2-finger vs  3-Finger swipe

- 3 finger swipe is implemented for back/forward

- 2 finger swipe for above is not coded

- 2 finger will scroll up/down left/right on a page

Is it what is working?

Another point : I dont have a right click when I use two fingers.

2) I asked on the other site about my saving problem and someone told me to implement that :

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-ALS0.dsl

Trackpad

- gestures: VoodooPS2 has some gestures implemented - some 2 and some 3 fingers - you can change the mapping in the kext and then use Sys-prefs to turn them on/off.

- right click: you have to use the System Preferences to enable right click - just like a real mac.

Brightness:

does the brightness work for you with the AppleBacklightInjector? 

if so then that the major part to have working!

the 2nd part, is saving the value in NVRAM:

EmuVariable - provides NVRAM emulation

the clover daemon and scripts save the current values to ESP/nvram.plist

the logout process initiates the writing of the current nvram values to the nvram.plist file.

then the file gets read on boot to load nvram with the last saved values.

there are install scripts to set this up the Utilities folder.

what this does is put the scripts in place - such as in /etc/rc.boot.d and /etc/rc.shutdown.d as well as you set the LogoutHook to run the process.

check the current value by looking at the backlight-level variable in Terminal:

% nvram -p | grep backlight

change the LCD backlight level and check again... 

on the T460 - these values to range from 0 to 1000 (or 999)  decimal.

@munzab - the lilu/appleALC will not give you faster graphics - unless you have not been using full SkyLake...

but yes - you install the 2 kexts Lilu and AppleALC in /L/E - remove the AppleHDA_ALC kext.

• Like 1

Trackpad

- gestures: VoodooPS2 has some gestures implemented - some 2 and some 3 fingers - you can change the mapping in the kext and then use Sys-prefs to turn them on/off.

- right click: you have to use the System Preferences to enable right click - just like a real mac.

Brightness:

does the brightness work for you with the AppleBacklightInjector? 

if so then that the major part to have working!

the 2nd part, is saving the value in NVRAM:

EmuVariable - provides NVRAM emulation

the clover daemon and scripts save the current values to ESP/nvram.plist

the logout process initiates the writing of the current nvram values to the nvram.plist file.

then the file gets read on boot to load nvram with the last saved values.

there are install scripts to set this up the Utilities folder.

what this does is put the scripts in place - such as in /etc/rc.boot.d and /etc/rc.shutdown.d as well as you set the LogoutHook to run the process.

check the current value by looking at the backlight-level variable in Terminal:

% nvram -p | grep backlight

change the LCD backlight level and check again... 

on the T460 - these values to range from 0 to 1000 (or 999)  decimal.

@munzab - the lilu/appleALC will not give you faster graphics - unless you have not been using full SkyLake...

but yes - you install the 2 kexts Lilu and AppleALC in /L/E - remove the AppleHDA_ALC kext.

Hi tluck,

I found the problem : the install nvram script wasn't working correctly. In the script, the path is /etc/... and in the folder you put it in /root/etc.

That why the scripts were not copied (I didn't see that it was written that the cp didn't work).

Now everything is ok! Thank you

• Like 1