[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

You don't need to put the exact detail on the RAM thing, but the bus type and bus interface must be put in correctly.

Bus interface should be the slot number?

and type ddr4?

It shows now 12 GB but i'm not sure that the hackintosh really use 12gb. I think its only a read value from clover

Bus interface should be the slot number?

and type ddr4?

It shows now 12 GB but i'm not sure that the hackintosh really use 12gb. I think its only a read value from clover

Try opening a bunch of apps and open Activity Monitor to see if macOS uses all your RAM or not

Thank you tluck Thank you all a TON!  I beat my head against installing things on my own, and your files made it way easier!  So glad I found this thread.  

I have the Yoga 14 20FY edition I found open box for really cheap at Best Buy.  It shows as a 460 even in its bios.  Some stuff worked after patching the DSDT, but a few things are giving me trouble. 

Working: 

Graphics Intel 520 1536 MB 

Geforce gt 940m With Web Drivers (you can switch between the Intel 520 and Nvidia with Reboot - had to install after OS install - driver installed and identified but I don't think its really switching)

Audio (had to use VodooHDA - couldn't figure out how to get it to work otherwise Online it says the audio is Realtec ALC3239 but I think windows identifies it as Conextant)

Touchpad and Trackpoint, and Pen work in general

Using USB WIFI from an old wTenda 311m - had to make my own icon because the default was so ugly)

Bluetooth was showing up, but didn't test, and I may have messed it up changing some things)

All USB 

Not Working:

Built in Intel Wifi (as everyone knows)

Screen Backlight keyboard F5 + F6 keys - can set from Display Preferences

Two finger scroll or gestures would be awesomeI 

MiniDisplayport worked once when I plugged in my tv, but not since.  HDMI doesn't seem to work screen blinks on and off, but doesn't really switch.

Sleep seems ok on its own but

Won't wake after closing lid.  I really need to fix this, any ideas? 

It may be good enough to be my daily driver.  We'll see :)

@thedeliveryboy

Hi there,

My card isn't working either, which is annoying because I used that a lot (sharing the connection with my phone drains its battery). I works without problems in windows though. 

I remember @barrrrt was the one who posted all the kexts to the get card working. Maybe he can help.

I'll search on OSXLatitude forum, I remember they had an active thread with wwan kexts and instructions to make different cards work.

can i ask how you made your own wireless icon? do you have a guide or link?

Thank you tluck Thank you all a TON!  I beat my head against installing things on my own, and your files made it way easier!  So glad I found this thread.  

I have the Yoga 14 20FY edition I found open box for really cheap at Best Buy.  It shows as a 460 even in its bios.  Some stuff worked after patching the DSDT, but a few things are giving me trouble. 

Working: 

Graphics Intel 520 1536 MB 

Geforce gt 940m With Web Drivers (you can switch between the Intel 520 and Nvidia with Reboot - had to install after OS install - driver installed and identified but I don't think its really switching)

Audio (had to use VodooHDA - couldn't figure out how to get it to work otherwise Online it says the audio is Realtec ALC3239 but I think windows identifies it as Conextant)

Touchpad and Trackpoint, and Pen work in general

Using USB WIFI from an old wTenda 311m - had to make my own icon because the default was so ugly)

Bluetooth was showing up, but didn't test, and I may have messed it up changing some things)

All USB 

Not Working:

Built in Intel Wifi (as everyone knows)

Screen Backlight keyboard F5 + F6 keys - can set from Display Preferences

Two finger scroll or gestures would be awesomeI 

MiniDisplayport worked once when I plugged in my tv, but not since.  HDMI doesn't seem to work screen blinks on and off, but doesn't really switch.

Sleep seems ok on its own but

Won't wake after closing lid.  I really need to fix this, any ideas? 

It may be good enough to be my daily driver.  We'll see :)

Using activity monitor I found that the MediaTek wireless utility with the ugly icon stored its icon here: 

/Applications/Mediatek Wireless Utility/WirelessUtility.app/Contents/MacOS/Resources/

I also found out that the icon is essentially a PNG.  There may be different icon states, but for now I just found a random wireless icon png and played with the size a bit, and renamed it to replace the Taskicns.icns file.  It looks a lot better now, not perfect, but better. 

can i ask how you made your own wireless icon? do you have a guide or link?

• 2 weeks later...

i have both T420 and T460 (which i will lose in a week) but T460 is about 30% faster

but T460 is a great box and is lighter, usb3, etc. i am sad to have to switch back. but T420 is still a great box too!

i have both T420 and T460 (which i will lose in a week) but T460 is about 30% faster

but T460 is a great box and is lighter, usb3, etc. i am sad to have to switch back. but T420 is still a great box too!

hi tluck, 

you'll lose your T460 in a week? which computer will you have then?

i'm planning to buy a T460 before september and  i'll probably lose my T420 at the end of the year for a HP probook 820 or 840 but i won't be able to hackintosh it i think (can't change the HD as easily as i do every day lol

Thank you for your reply. Why you want to switch back to T420? I am using T420 for deploying docker which eats a lot of memory, so I think of switch to T460 which provide max 32GB RAM 

• 2 weeks later...

The current release/zip will work with Sierra - I was running 10.12.6 beta up until I returned the system on July 10th.

The next push will be for High Sierra - Lilu and AppleALC need to be updated. I dont know what else?

T460 owner :) specifications in signature.

must buy now :

* wifi BT card : surely BCM94352HMB or AzureWave AW-CE123H  except if i'm advised for something else

* new SSD may be 512Gb cos mine is too small 128Gb

must make it hackintoshable too

Hi,

I was on 10.12.3 so I decided to make a clean version with the latest 12.6

I follow exactly the instructions, and finally it seems that I lost :

- Fn keys brightness

- No battery recognized

- No bluetooth

- Camera is not recognized too

- No possible to install the WWAN card

It seems that USB are not well recognized. All that was working on the previous version (12.3)

Do you have any ideas? Thank you

You're right, I don't know what I did but it was that!

You're great!

Otherwise, what are the steps to update Lilu and AppleALC ? Because I have download the latest version of both kexts, then I installed them with kext wizard.

Now I have a KP...

Thanks!

PS : I injected fakeId to add the latest version of IntelGraphicsFixup, still same problem. Each time I rebuild cache after adding kexts.

PS2 : there is nothing to do to get back smooth bright transition?

remove the AppleHDA_ALC293 from /Library/Extension to use AppleALC and Lilu. you should not need IntelGraphicsFixup as i put what this does into this version of AppleALC.

remove the AppleHDA_ALC293 from /Library/Extension to use AppleALC and Lilu. you should not need IntelGraphicsFixup as i put what this does into this version of AppleALC.

To make it simple, can you help me on these points :

- how can I update Lilu and AppleALC?

- brightness is not memorized when I reboot the PC. It's always at the max.

- when I launched HW Monitor, without doing anything, I see that the processor is like 500Mhz - 2,6Ghz - 500 - 2,6 - 500 - 2,6 and so one...it's always like a wave. 

Thank you ;)