Problems with Graphics Cards on the macOS Sierra

Mirone

52 posts in this topic

my problem is a little different. and i hope to find some help my nvidia 950 gtx ftw wont support dual monitors, so i plugged one display into my onboard intel and got a hd picture the problem is tyhe drivers for the intell 4400 internal card are not installed so i get no excelleration and the screen flickers when i show certain things on it. video and movies play fine but memory only reports 7 megabytes vram and the nviddia card reports 0 is there anyway to assign vram to the cards seperate and get it to stick. my system onboard has 1gb in windows and my nvidia gtx 950 ftw has 2 gb. one i get the right ram reported then i can worry about installing the exceleration patches. is there a kext for ibntel that will fix this? i followed a couple totorials but they would only enable the intel gfx and kill the nvida. they both work just with no reported vram only 7mb. that cant b e right. and the ibntel comes up with do devece name it just says 7mb... please help me this is the only thing that is preventing a flawless os install on an alienware x51.                                          I moved my post hoping to hear something soon.

as you know my pc is an alienware x51 r2

my main gfx card is an nvidia gtx950 ftw evga

i have 16gb ram

an internal intel 4400 gfx chip that loads without reporting a name i know because in device list it shows as built in

intel i3 cpu 2 core with hyperthreading\

realtek 898 audio working great

the nvidia card works too but shows no flickering like the intel internal gfx with a monitor on it its got the wrong vram reported to the os tbhough itn says 0 it should be 2 gb and the intel shoulod be 1 gb....... thanks again i will waitn and hope for a reply and a fix

btw my osx install is sierra

my problem is a little different. and i hope to find some help my nvidia 950 gtx ftw wont support dual monitors, so i plugged one display into my onboard intel and got a hd picture the problem is tyhe drivers for the intell 4400 internal card are not installed so i get no excelleration and the screen flickers when i show certain things on it. video and movies play fine but memory only reports 7 megabytes vram and the nviddia card reports 0 is there anyway to assign vram to the cards seperate and get it to stick. my system onboard has 1gb in windows and my nvidia gtx 950 ftw has 2 gb. one i get the right ram reported then i can worry about installing the exceleration patches. is there a kext for ibntel that will fix this? i followed a couple totorials but they would only enable the intel gfx and kill the nvida. they both work just with no reported vram only 7mb. that cant b e right. and the ibntel comes up with do devece name it just says 7mb... please help me this is the only thing that is preventing a flawless os install on an alienware x51.                                          I moved my post hoping to hear something soon.

as you know my pc is an alienware x51 r2

my main gfx card is an nvidia gtx950 ftw evga

i have 16gb ram

an internal intel 4400 gfx chip that loads without reporting a name i know because in device list it shows as built in

intel i3 cpu 2 core with hyperthreading\

realtek 898 audio working great

the nvidia card works too but shows no flickering like the intel internal gfx with a monitor on it its got the wrong vram reported to the os tbhough itn says 0 it should be 2 gb and the intel shoulod be 1 gb....... thanks again i will waitn and hope for a reply and a fix

btw my osx install is sierra

There is no way to use two graphic card(Intel HD+Nvidia) on a hackintosh, not that I know of but I may be mistaken and if so someone  correct me please.

are there some IntelHDGraphics3000(Arrandale) kexts for Sierra? i couldn't find it on web.

look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I am not lying my friend if you instruct me on how to share screenshots or even desktops when we are online together I will and after injecting my intel card in clover both cards are reported in system profiler and they just have the wrong mb reported. I can play video on both monitors flawlessly using I tunes vlc and kodi but cant play games so if we can just figure out how to raise framebuffer it should fix it I have cuda installed as well

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if any of you know what could cause an instant back screen and reboot after trying to run the Sierra installer or even 11.6? Safe mode works but otherwise nothing. Not even a verbose listing. 11.2 works perfectly. Z87x-ud5h 4460 i5 / 770 gtx. Thanks.

Guest OptimusPraim

There is no way to use two graphic card(Intel HD+Nvidia) on a hackintosh, not that I know of but I may be mistaken and if so someone  correct me please.

look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

i already looked thede before your comment, but there is alink to download QE/CI kexts, there is no Sierra's kexts, latest kexts there are is for El-Capitan 10.11.6 version and "Intel HD Graphics Patcher 1.5.5" doesn't have Sierra's support yet.

1- GTX 660 

2- Clover v3799 / SMBIOS 17,1 but using 14,2 Board-ID Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
3- Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 With this Board-ID no need patch. Remove every patch which you add before, just add this Board-ID to Clover Configurator under the SMBIOS section and good to go.
4- No 

But main problem is Blank Black gap between two stages. I think this will never fix 'cause no-one didn't know how to fix it. This is super annoying but I must learn live with it  :wink_anim: 
  • Like 1

Intel HD 4600

Clover: v2.3k_r3773

SMBIOS: Macbook Pro 11.1

Issue: Safari freezing on certain video sites

Solution: Clover patch to disable PAVP: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314544-safari-hangs-computer-on-some-videos/page-2

Problem with patch: Going to sleep causes freezes of applications upon resuming from sleep.

I had this problem ever since upgrading to Mac OSX Sierra on my Envy j-070 laptop. This patch does fix trailers in iTunes (black screen or complete freeze) issue, but playing purchases on iTunes complains that the display is not HDCP compliant. Posted on multiple threads, if there is a way to keep this patch without having the side effect of going to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Black screen on ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024 MB with Sierra install (10.12), Video only works when boot from the usb installer.  I HAVE tried most Clover SMBIOS - including all iMacs. (Config: Asus Rampage Extreme II and a Xeon CPU with the ATI radeon HD 4870 video).  Please advise (HELP)

• 5 weeks later...

Geforce 615, based on Fermi architecture

Clover 3726, iMac13,1

QE/CI works natively but app like Photoshop doesn't recognize the card. Strangely only Photoshop does this. Apps like Illustrator, Lightroom does recognize the OpenGL engine
when enabling Nvidia web driver, glitches everywere

Not using FixEDID

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I'm experiencing some weird behaviour. The above fix (post 48) worked for me on two separate installations of 10.12.2 (both clean installs done in the past week) and seems to hold up after successive reboots but if I shutdown and cold boot a few hours later it stops working. As soon as I reapply the patch it works again. Not sure what's going on and haven't had time to test further but wondered if anyone else is having this issue?

FWIW, I'm running dual monitors off my 970: a Dell P2715Q running at 3840x2160 @ 60Hz over DisplayPort and a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO SL 3260W running at 1920x1200 @ 60Hz over HDMI.

• 3 weeks later...

update Jan 5, 2017: With System Definition Macmini6,2 all is well (finally!)

Thank you so much ! You solved my wake issues with my GTX980TI. Please keep in mind that on a hack with MacMini6,2 you will get sooner or later the thunderbolt firmware update. This not going to happen ok on hack of course. You need to hide it to future updates. This code needs to be executed: 

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

The Geekbenches gives more then 500 points more compared to iMac 14,2 and 17,1 (Henk Dutch guy with a Dutch name?)