Help with Clover (legacy) on Sony Vaio VGN-AR41M

calabuig

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'd need to try Clover bootloaders to solve a problem about my graphic card, nVidia 8400M GT. I can't properly inject with DSDT and Chameleon on Yosemite 10.10.5

(see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314634-help-with-yosemite-installation-on-sony-vaio-vgn-ar41m/)

My Sony Vaio hasn't any BIOS options except boot priority, so I think that I have to install Clover in Legacy mode.

I tried some guides on this forum, but with no success (see attached photos).

I used a USB pen formatted with one GUID partition and boot0af on MBR (but even boot0ss on MBR). On reboot a "6" appears and then black screen!

Then I tried to make a MBR DOS-FAT32 partition (EFI CLOVER) to install Clover and one HFS+ for the rest of USB.

Choose boot0af in the MBR. Reboot and start b1f:init for a few seconds...than appear a "6" and then...black screen!!!

Any ideas?

post-571199-0-05551000-1473871821_thumb.png

post-571199-0-20412000-1473871828_thumb.png

than appear a "6"

It mean that Clover started. But CloverGUI not started.

If you set in config.plist

Boot->Debug=true

then you can get /EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log 

where you can find a reason for the stop.

But you version 3215 is toooo old, buggy and probably is not working. Take new one.

It mean that Clover started. But CloverGUI not started.

If you set in config.plist

Boot->Debug=true

then you can get /EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log 

where you can find a reason for the stop.

But you version 3215 is toooo old, buggy and probably is not working. Take new one.

Ok, I'll try and post it.

But I used last version 3726...the attached photos are taken from a old post only for showing options. 

Hello there,

Your config file is a sample, I'll attach below an example, it won't start the system but you should be able to reach the GUI.

In addition, here's an useful link.

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#config-plist-structure

Best of luck.

Ok thanks, I'll try it.

P.S.

The one I've attached is taken from USB pen where Clover is installed. And with other computers it works perfectly...