What motherboards are working with Sierra?

bigpoppa206

6 posts in this topic

Hello there,

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.12_Seeds

*I did not test the recommended motherboards, this is a pointer rather than a recommendation.

Furthermore, you could use google to find motherboards similar to apple's ones. Search for data sheets or specifications.

Best regards.

Any motherboard can be turned into a hackintosh if you are willing to put the time and work into doing so.

As for what is supported look at the sockets currently supported by Apple under Mac OS X 10.12 and use the corresponding SMBIOS and work from there. I have a C2Q system running Mac OS X 10.12 GM as well as a Dual CPU LGA 2011 system without any issues for example.

• Like 2

Agreeing with Rampage Dev - I have an X99 system (Haswell-E) as well as an X58 system (Xeon E5640) both happily running.  - Just takes time and patience to get things smoothed out :)

Reminds me I haven't updated my signature on here in quite awhile either - must get around to doing that one day :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any motherboard can be turned into a hackintosh if you are willing to put the time and work into doing so.

As for what is supported look at the sockets currently supported by Apple under Mac OS X 10.12 and use the corresponding SMBIOS and work from there. I have a C2Q system running Mac OS X 10.12 GM as well as a Dual CPU LGA 2011 system without any issues for example.

I installed Sierra successfully on ASUS P9X79WS + Core i7 4930K. 

Initially had some USB port issue but it was quickly solved thanks to the excellent SSDT.aml files created by Rampage Dev people  :)

• 4 months later...